Jets sign CB Pierre Desir

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Nice

I see you have Moon Knight’s first appearance in Werewolf by Night #32.

Hope they nail the show when it come out in another year or two. Never understood why he wasn’t more popular.

I hope so too. Love Moon Knight probably my favorite character. I have every MK book Vol. 1-5 and 95%+ of the rest of his books missing maybe 20 books total. 

Over 2000 books in my collection in all. Over 200 first appearances and over 350 #1 issues. I have a problem.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I would just rather try and get something for him.

I have respect for your talent evaluation acumen but it's hard to fathom someone giving up something for a smallish OG, who has sustained significant injury repeatedly, when they can get him for free later, IF there were any serious demand for him.

But I totally agree: ALL blanket opinions are stupid!

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

I hope so too. Love Moon Knight probably my favorite character. I have every MK book Vol. 1-5 and 95%+ of the rest of his books missing maybe 20 books total. 

Over 2000 books in my collection in all. Over 200 first appearances and over 350 #1 issues. I have a problem.

worse things one can be addicted to. I have numerous Marvel statues. Here's my Black Cat...Stunnnnning

cat.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just now, Greenbloodblitz said:

What in the Hell ..is going on around here!?

It's great though, isn't it?

Where else can a thread about a journeyman CB turn into two totally unconnected conversations. One about 70's comic book characters, and the other has guys accusing each other of racism and profile theft.

The best part is they're intertwined and the two groups are seemingly totally oblivious of each other.

I love this place,

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Where else can a thread about a journeyman CB turn into two totally unconnected conversations. One about 70's comic book characters, and the other has guys accusing each other of racism and profile theft.

The best part is they're intertwined and the two groups are seemingly totally oblivious of each other.

I love this place,

Hear Hear!!!

I love this place,
Wurd

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Don’t take everything so literally. I’m just saying let’s calm down a bit, there’s still work to be done with that unit.

I wouldn’t want to go into KC or even Arizona and Buffalo with just those guys back there.

"I'm liking it." doesn't even register on the jetnation hyperbolometer....

Image result for meter at zero

10 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I love this place,

hahahaha.   I woke up to this and was literally thinking the same thing as @Greenbloodblitz.    Then I saw his post and your and I still can't stop laughing.  This $hit is incredible. lol

This is my favorite thread ever. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Nice bit about Desir from “jetwire”

Ever since the coronavirus pandemic began, Desir has been looking for a way to help those in need.

While staying at home with his kids and looking for a way to stay in shape, Desir decided to make a donation large enough to provide more than 20,000 meals to struggling families in his hometown of St. Louis.

“For me, I understand that most of the kids in the poverty-stricken areas of St. Louis, the meals that they get at school are very important to them,” Desir told the IndyStar. “I just wanted to do my part. I reached out to the St. Louis Food Bank to see what I could do to help.”

The Jets have had many charitable players walk through their doors in recent years. If Desir’s generosity to the people of St. Louis and desire to give back to the place he grew up are any indication, it looks like he is the latest such player to arrive at One Jets Drive.

Thanks for posting -- he sounds like a really good guy.

• Upvote 1

The Jets and free-agent cornerback Pierre Desir agreed to terms on a one-year contract Sunday afternoon, as first reported by The Athletic. The Colts cut Desir, who will turn 30 in September, on Saturday. The Jets expressed interest almost immediately and wasted no time in agreeing to a deal.

Desir will slide in as one of New York’s two starting cornerbacks. The team cut Trumaine Johnson last week and Darryl Roberts on Saturday. The two started last year’s season opener against the Bills.

Desir joins a secondary already occupied by Bless Austin, Kyron Brown, Nate Hairston, Arthur Maulet and nickel Brian Poole, who signed a one-year, $5 million contract with the Jets on Wednesday.

The 6-1, 198-pound Desir originally began his career with the Browns, who selected him in the fourth round of the 2014 draft. He played two years with the team then bounced around between the Chargers and Seahawks before joining the Colts in 2017. It was in Indianapolis where Desir came into his own.

Desir began that first season as a backup, buried on the depth chart behind Vontae Davis, Rashaan Melvin and Nate Hairston. Then-coach Chuck Pagano handed him the starting job midway through the year. He finished with 32 tackles, seven pass breakups and one interception. In 2018, Desir returned as the full-time starter and enjoyed the best season of his career. He had 79 tackles, eight pass breakups and an interception. According to ProFootballFocus, he allowed just 48 catches on 83 targets (57.8 percent), two touchdowns and a quarterback rating of 84.8. He finished with a 90.3 run defense grade and 89.9 in pass coverage.

The Colts awarded Desir a three-year, $22.5 million extension with $12 million guaranteed after the 2018 season. He struggled some in 2019, though. While he set career highs in pass breakups (11) and interceptions (3), he allowed five touchdowns and a quarterback rating of 100.2, per PFF. He dealt with a hamstring issue the entire season and that limited his play. The Colts cut him on Saturday, one day before he was due a $3 million roster bonus.

Here’s more from The Athletic’s Zak Keefer, who covers Indianapolis:

The move was financially driven, according to a league source familiar with the decision, saving the Colts $6.85 million against the salary cap. The team hasn’t ruled out bringing Desir back into the fold, but Saturday’s move indicates it’ll have to be at a cheaper price.

A week ago the Colts were among the most cash-heavy teams in football. DeForest Buckner’s arrival (and his $84 million contract extension), as well as Philip Rivers’ $25 million deal, changed that.

The Colts aren’t strapped for cash, and cutting Desir (as well as backup quarterback Brian Hoyer, which the Colts also did Saturday) will help. The moves will allow the team, which is currently investing more than $45 million into its quarterback position for 2020, more financial flexibility as it pursues additional free agents. A tight end could be in play.

Desir’s addition caps an eventful 48 hours for first-year Jets general manager Joe Douglas. On Saturday, the Jets signed veteran offensive lineman Greg Van Roten, center/guard Josh Andrews and safety Marqui Christian, while also re-signing linebacker Neville Hewitt and corner Arthur Maulet.

Van Roten, 30, spent the past two years with the Panthers where he started 27 games. He figures to slide in as the team’s starting right guard on a near completely rebuilt offensive line. The Jets previously re-signed Alex Lewis to play left guard, and added George Fant and Connor McGovern to play left tackle and center, respectively.

Andrews, Christian and Maulet are depth signings. Hewitt could compete at middle linebacker, depending on what the Jets decide to do with Avery Williams, who missed the entire 2019 season after tearing his ACL in the preseason. Hewitt, who replaced Williamson, had 75 tackles, three sacks and two interceptions in 12 games. He missed five starts with a stinger. He’s still just 26 years old.

(Photo: Zach Bolinger / Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)

19 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Is this a troll account?

Didn't you call someone a racist yesterday for wanting to trade Jamal Adams.....for Odell Beckham Jr.??? #-o

Anyone who wants to trade Adams is a racist...in my mind.

Anyone who wants to trade for Beckham Jr. is just dumb.

Hmm, racist and dumb...happens alla time.

• WTF? 1

22 hours ago, jetlaw said:

That’s a great value contract. Odds are he’ll play better than trumaine for a fraction of the cost. I think we finally have a gm who gets the point. Build through the draft. Use free agency to plug holes.

And win the comp pick battle.  While other teams were battling to get the "top" UFA corners, we got one nearly as good for a fraction of the cost and without potentially costing us a shot at getting a comp pick.

22 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Easy there cowboy.

We have some pretty decent passing offenses on the schedule next year. Still a lot of work to be done. Desir is an upgrade, but he’s no Deion Sanders either. 

I don’t see any lock down guys there, do you?

Lock down corners don't exist in 2020.  

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Don’t take everything so literally. I’m just saying let’s calm down a bit, there’s still work to be done with that unit.

I wouldn’t want to go into KC or even Arizona and Buffalo with just those guys back there.

I'd be fine with going into Buffalo with those corners against Mr 21 INT's and 22 Fumbles at QB.  

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Nice bit about Desir from “jetwire”

Ever since the coronavirus pandemic began, Desir has been looking for a way to help those in need.

While staying at home with his kids and looking for a way to stay in shape, Desir decided to make a donation large enough to provide more than 20,000 meals to struggling families in his hometown of St. Louis.

“For me, I understand that most of the kids in the poverty-stricken areas of St. Louis, the meals that they get at school are very important to them,” Desir told the IndyStar. “I just wanted to do my part. I reached out to the St. Louis Food Bank to see what I could do to help.”

The Jets have had many charitable players walk through their doors in recent years. If Desir’s generosity to the people of St. Louis and desire to give back to the place he grew up are any indication, it looks like he is the latest such player to arrive at One Jets Drive.

Extend his contract NOW CJ so he can provide food to 100G.  Think of the publicity you'd get CJ (you slimy grinch).

• 4 weeks later...