Dallas to offer “high pick” for Jamal Adams

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

To be fair, Leonard Williams is a very good argument for keeping him.  Williams was a much worse player and we still managed a 3rd.  Compared to Adams, we got an extra year and a half out of Williams.  We could hold Adams until Halloween of 2021 and if we aren't competing, we can still move him without ever having to sign him to anything new.   

I think that’s true from a contractual standpoint, but I don’t see any way Adams doesn’t force the Jets’ hand this offseason. Either he’s getting his extension, or he’s shooting his way out of town. There’s just no way that a guy as loud and as egotistical as Adams is going to accept playing for $3.5mm if he’s eligible to argue for more. And Douglas has to make this call ASAP, because once Jamal goes public, Jerrah starts winning.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

He's a top player, the best at his position.  He's an elite player.  That's not even debatable

What’s not debatable is your inability to read as the original poster said he was one of the best players in the league. You’re commenting he’s an elite player. Big difference between elite player and of the best players in the NFL.

If he was one of the best players in the NFL- why aren’t 31 teams lined up offering two first round picks? I would think one of the best players in the league would warrant more than that no?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, every other team does it.  Teams do it every day

Just like teams trade multiple picks for players at a “position that ranks on the bottom of an NFL totem pole”  Because they dont get what a couple of geniuses on a Jet board see so clearly

Pretty much nonsense on the level of trying to say that hes a pain in the azz biatching about whatever dissention people dream up when looking for more reasons to trade him.  If the trade is just to improve the team, to bring in more talent you shouldnt need the nonsense about his dissention.  Especially when so many of his teammate talk ad nauseam about his leadership.  As much as the haters like to dispute that part of the equation 

You lead by example not your big mouth.  Sam is the leader on the Jets. Period. If he was such a great leader he wouldn't go around saying sheet like "Yea I understand its a business" blah blah blah and all the other irrelevant crap he spews.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

22 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What the does this mean?  Of course Adams is included.  How do you trade Jamal Adams without him being included in the deal.  Did you think they were going to trade us their 1st, 2nd and 4th for just our 3rd?   He is also included in the deal for Dallas 1st and 3rd. 

Dallas 1,2, 4 - our 2nd 3 = Adams = 1194

Dallas 1 +3 = Adams = 1340

The way I understood it, we were exchanging our first picks. If we are keeping our first i get it

4 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

You lead by example not your big mouth.  Sam is the leader on the Jets. Period. If he was such a great leader he wouldn't go around saying sheet like "Yea I understand its a business" blah blah blah and all the other irrelevant crap he spews.

He leads with both.  I'm sorry you won't open your eyes and see what the majority sees. 

But one more time, the few who hate Jamal who come up with total nonsense about his leadership or the need to make Sam leader, when will you get that all this imaginary minutia doesnt change what I think of Adams.  I dont care that you think the S is the lowest rung on the totem pole.  I dont care.  Lots of great defenses, lots of SB teams had great Ss on their rosters.  So yeah, blah, blah, blah

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He leads with both.  I'm sorry you won't open your eyes and see what the majority sees. 

But one more time, the few who hate Jamal who come up with total nonsense about his leadership or the need to make Sam leader, when will you get that all this imaginary minutia doesnt change what I think of Adams.  I dont care that you think the S is the lowest rung on the totem pole.  I dont care.  Lots of great defenses, lots of SB teams had great Ss on their rosters.  So yeah, blah, blah, blah

Yes lots and their names were NOT Jamal Adams.

8 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

The divisiveness of Jamal is LOL.

Is there anyone out there like me that likes Jamal, would pay him, but is willing to part with him in a Minkah type deal? 

Look I understand both sides.  I’m very indifferent when it comes to Jamal.  I’m not a fan but I recognize his talent.  I’m perfectly fine with a trade but it needs to be a very good return otherwise we are selling him cheaply.  I mean somebody before told me they would be happy just getting a 2nd rounder for Jamal lol.  We would be laughed at if we did that and rightfully so.  Like I’ve mentioned a few times a first and a third seems like fair value to me 

10 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Look I understand both sides.  I’m very indifferent when it comes to Jamal.  I’m not a fan but I recognize his talent.  I’m perfectly fine with a trade but it needs to be a very good return otherwise we are selling him cheaply.  I mean somebody before told me they would be happy just getting a 2nd rounder for Jamal lol.  We would be laughed at if we did that and rightfully so.  Like I’ve mentioned a few times a first and a third seems like fair value to me 

I think we generally agree. I want that 17 overall, but that's not really enough. 

9 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Sorry Jet Nut...I like Jamal Adams.  REALLY I do.  But I am not buying into the BS about him being essential.  He is safety.  He is not a WR, he is not a QB, he is not an 15-sack Edge rusher, he is not an OT.  If we can fill another hole on this team, while saving $15 plus million for a safety, you do it 10/10 times.

Jamal Adams is not going to win us a Super Bowl; Sam Darnold will, but he needs weapons and an OL.

Um. Plenty of defenders have helped lead their QB's to SB's over the years so please stop acting and pretending as if defenses don't contribute when there are 2 sides of the ball (and not only one, hello). 

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

Um. Plenty of defenders have helped lead their QB's to SB's over the years so please stop acting and pretending as if defenses don't contribute when there are 2 sides of the ball (and not only one, hello). 

Defense doesn't matter.

10 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Sorry Jet Nut...I like Jamal Adams.  REALLY I do.  But I am not buying into the BS about him being essential.  He is safety.  He is not a WR, he is not a QB, he is not an 15-sack Edge rusher, he is not an OT.  If we can fill another hole on this team, while saving $15 plus million for a safety, you do it 10/10 times.

Jamal Adams is not going to win us a Super Bowl; Sam Darnold will, but he needs weapons and an OL.

Hard to say it better than this.

I think joe d takes whatever anyone offers if it include a first. It's a no brainier. Has to be a 1st though. But hell if they want to do next year 2and and 3 rd and this year 2nd and 3rd. Haha I would take that in a second too.

Just now, RedBeardedSavage said:

I think we generally agree. I want that 17 overall, but that's not really enough. 

Agreed.  Look I’m not saying I don’t want the 17th overall but Jamal(whether your like him or not) is worth more. Dallas is hoping we panic and give him up for a much smaller return. JD seems much smarter than that.  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

If he was one of the best players in the NFL- why aren’t 31 teams lined up offering two first round picks? I would think one of the best players in the league would warrant more than that no?

You mean like the 31 teams who lined up outside of GB, NE or whoever offering picks for Rodgers or Brady?

Simple answer is because like those two teams no one is shopping Adams

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You mean like the 31 teams who lined up outside of GB, NE or whoever offering picks for Rodgers or Brady?

Simple answer is because like those two teams no one is shopping Adams

lol @ you comparing Adams to a QB.  

Adams is the 3rd/4th most important player on the defense after Mosley and whoever we add at EDGE/CB.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

What’s not debatable is your inability to read as the original poster said he was one of the best players in the league. You’re commenting he’s an elite player. Big difference between elite player and of the best players in the NFL.

I mean what defines elite? The fact that there’s a 10 page debate on Adams’ overall impact probably implies that he’s overrated.

In terms of non debate players- those are the guys who are elite e.g. Aaron Donald, Quinten Nelson, Michael Thomas

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I never said he was essential, that's for QB and no one else.

I said just because the teams top player may be a S doesnt mean you dump him, as was posted earlier.  

I get that hes not a QB, LT or an EDGE.  After than they're bunched up and I could care less whether hes a TE, ILB or a S.  As you said S's dont win you SBs.  But what I said is that lots of great D's and lots of SB winners had great Ss.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol @ you comparing Adams to a QB.  

Adams is the 3rd/4th most important player on the defense after Mosley and whoever we add at EDGE/CB.

How about you read for once.

I'm not comparing the positions, I'm throwing out the idea that because 31 teams aren't lining up offering picks for him hes not that good.  As with any good player who isnt on the market.  As I said because they're not being shopped around, not because they're on the same level of importance.  

LOL for you jumping to the wrong conclusion.  Missing by a mile

49 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

The divisiveness of Jamal is LOL.

Is there anyone out there like me that likes Jamal, would pay him, but is willing to part with him in a Minkah type deal? 

I am sort of in this boat.  If we can get at least a first and third I would do it. Offense needs SO much help  Obviously there is a risk you select 2 JAGs or worse with those 2 picks but OL and WR are so deep if you select 2 of them in first round you are somewhat likely to get 2 starters. And there will be depth at the 3rd rounder or it could be used to trade up in the second

We could wind up with Andrew Thomas/Josh Jones and Van Jefferson as an example with those 2 picks we get for Jamal.

Don't sleep on the acquisition of  Patrick Onwuasor, he could slot into the box role Jamal plays now and be a rover.

Edit: Oh and Jeudy or Ruggs at 11 with our normal pick

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

All-Pro isn't a "popularity contest".

Writers and professionals who know more about the game than you do, are the ones who place the votes. 

And I bet you can not name me 5 Jets who've reached a level of All-Pro status within their 1st 3 years (I bet you can't, lol). 

And once again he's already one of Gregg Williams favorite players who he's ever coached. 

Toon, Walker, Marvin Powell, Revis, Abraham, Freeman.  Leon too, but the special teams one is cheap.   Not sure about Namath, Riggins, Fields, Mathis, Grantham, etc.  What do I win? 

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think that’s true from a contractual standpoint, but I don’t see any way Adams doesn’t force the Jets’ hand this offseason. Either he’s getting his extension, or he’s shooting his way out of town. There’s just no way that a guy as loud and as egotistical as Adams is going to accept playing for $3.5mm if he’s eligible to argue for more. And Douglas has to make this call ASAP, because once Jamal goes public, Jerrah starts winning.

I knew you were going to post the holdout angle.  This is my feeling.  **** him.  If we wants to get traded he gets me what I am asking.  If not, he rots and gets fined.  Yeah it screws the team short-term, but I will crush him personally as a lesson to the others.  

49 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The way I understood it, we were exchanging our first picks. If we are keeping our first i get it

3 posts and 5 pages later, I finally understand what you mean.  No ******* way we trade Adams and move down.  That would be idiotic.  I'm not a huge fan, but how could he rate that much less than Minkah FItzpatrick?  I want a first plus.

Defense doesn't matter but yet San Fran just made the SB being led by their defense. And who cares if they didn't win it all because they still got there.

And if not for KC's defense holding San Fran to only 20 points, 2 defensive INT's, 4.5 tackles for loss along with keeping Jimmy G to a QB Rating of only 69.2! they never win that SB to begin with!

KC's defense played LIGHTS OUT during their SB win. 

17 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Defense doesn't matter but yet San Fran just made the SB being led by their defense. And who cares if they didn't win it all because they still got there.

And if not for KC's defense holding San Fran to only 20 points, 2 defensive INT's, 4.5 tackles for loss along with keeping Jimmy G to a QB Rating of only 69.2! they never win that SB to begin with!

Fair Points.  There is no doubt that the Niners defense was a huge factor.  Also KC’s defense were really the MVP.  However I still think we will survive without Jamal I’d we trade him.  My only issue is the return.  I need more than just the 17th overall pick 

27 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I am sort of in this boat.  If we can get at least a first and third I would do it. Offense needs SO much help  Obviously there is a risk you select 2 JAGs or worse with those 2 picks but OL and WR are so deep if you select 2 of them in first round you are somewhat likely to get 2 starters. And there will be depth at the 3rd rounder or it could be used to trade up in the second

We could wind up with Andrew Thomas/Josh Jones and Van Jefferson as an example with those 2 picks we get for Jamal.

Don't sleep on the acquisition of  Patrick Onwuasor, he could slot into the box role Jamal plays now and be a rover.

Edit: Oh and Jeudy or Ruggs at 11 with our normal pick

This is what I envision. It's not about hating Jamal; it's not about thinking he's overrated. 

It's just simply the most important thing in this game is developing your franchise quarterback. If Jamal is moved for fair compensation with that in mind, I'm all for it. If we take a defensive player with either first round pick though, I will freak out. 

36 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

If Jamal Adams was Nick Bosa, I doubt any of us would be talking about trading him.

If he was comfortable with a Tyrann Mathieu contract, most of us wouldn't be talking about trading him (other than a select few). 

If we had even one offensive tackle or premier receiver, I doubt most of us would be talking about trading him.

If, after we signed him, our two highest paid defensive players weren't an inside linebacker and a strong safety, I doubt most of us would be talking about trading him. 

We're a disaster of a roster and Jamal Adams, while great, is a luxury. If we want to build correctly, and someone offers us a Minkah-to-the-Steelers type deal, we should absolutely take it. The highest priority in this sport is developing a franchise quarterback and we're at risk of throwing our young franchise quarterback out there with two complete question marks at tackle and hardly any weapons. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

35 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes, defense doesn't matter, AND Jamal can't even make our defense good, let alone elite.  Only guys who get to the QB or get turnovers can do that.

Trade Jamal ASAP.  

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, defense doesn't matter, AND Jamal can't even make our defense good, let alone elite.  Only guys who get to the QB or get turnovers can do that.

Trade Jamal ASAP.  

I'll take Gregg Williams expertize, the way he feels about defense and Jamal Adams along with his opinions... Over yours.

Understood? O.k, good. 

Gregg Williams already considers Adams (after only one year) as one of his favorite players that he's ever coached; so in my opinion, your opinion absolutely sucks and is full of nothing but a lot of nothingness. 

Simple. I want 2 first rounders (at the least).

A few years ago, Cowboys had one of the top records in the NFC. They wanted Sheldon Richardson. Jets wanted a one for him, which would have been a low one because of their record.

They balked and lost at home to Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers.