JN: insufferable bastards.... Becton pick

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Yay we got the big fat kid that everyone throws props to because.... well... his fatness.

plus hes alreadyin the drug program so a suspension or multiples are likely.

but hey great who cares. Hes a big fat guy so thats great.

btw, did you hear about his size?

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

If they took this fat pos because the other 3 were off the board....ok i could get that even though i wouldnt be happy.

But we chose this fat dumb druggie over tons of talent and need. 

Kid isn't fat though. 17% body fat. He's an athletic freak. Hate what you want but at least pretend to know what you're talkin about factually

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Big_Slick said:

Except he's going to start at LT and will get Brady reverting to his chuck and duck form like last year to avoid hits.

Whatever happened to Donovan Smith? I though they signed him long term recently. 

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I needed about 40 minutes, TBH.  But I'm there.  I'll feel a lot better with Mims, Pittman, or higgins tomorrow.

I don't see how Pittman happens but that is what I am pulling for myself.

• Upvote 1

Everyone mad is just salty that they didn’t get the WR that they wanted, I get it, I was the biggest Lamb fan around. You can’t be upset about this pick though. This guy is surreally gifted and as unique as an athlete as they come. I’m 10000% happy with this pick. 

we’ll get a WR next. JD isn’t an idiot. Becton is a great pick at #11. Completely warranted in regards to the quality of the prospect vs the slot he was selected. 

50 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Kid isn't fat though. 17% body fat. He's an athletic freak. Hate what you want but at least pretend to know what you're talkin about factually

Good luck trying to inform the masses. Been there, done that.

• Haha 2

Wirfs/Becton is a win win either way. Wirfs athleticism is higher but Becton’s potential upside is off the charts and yes we needed a LT more than RT/G that Wirfs would have played so it’s all good. Bottom line: JD stuck to his promise of improving the OL and he’s not done yet. I can see JD going 2-WR Shenault he’s a game breaker  3-Edge Taylor Jets love this guy 3-Hall 4- Hennessy 5- Golden  6- Heck 6 - Robinson 

36 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Wirfs/Becton is a win win either way. Wirfs athleticism is higher but Becton’s potential upside is off the charts and yes we needed a LT more than RT/G that Wirfs would have played so it’s all good. Bottom line: JD stuck to his promise of improving the OL and he’s not done yet. I can see JD going 2-WR Shenault he’s a game breaker  3-Edge Taylor Jets love this guy 3-Hall 4- Hennessy 5- Golden  6- Heck 6 - Robinson 

Becton was the one dude I said ahead of time I didn't want. Maybe I'm getting old but my rage subsided quick. I'm not that upset. He has the highest upside of any lineman in the draft by far, I just don't know if he cares enough to reach it. We still got Pittman or Mims(I thought he was up there with Lamb or Juedy). Unless there's a run on WR we're looking good getting a stud tomorrow. I wouldn't mind Higgins either

• Sympathy 1

The talent is there, I just hope he has the maturity and discipline to tap into it. As of today he'll be the third-heaviest player in the league and there are reports that he ballooned up to 390 pounds in 2018? It's a little concerning for a 21 year old. Then you have the failed drug test. There are just some red flags that worry me when you're talking about a #11 draft pick.

• Upvote 1

You can be happy about the pick and still worried. Becton has a huge upside but also has a higher chance of sucking. Wirfs has a high ceiling but not as high as Becton but he has a higher ceiling as a OG if playing OT doesn’t workout so it’s a less risky pick. 
As I said I’m just happy they took a OT instead of a ****ing DL. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Losmeister said:

15 teams get to pick N WR if they so desire, b4 we pick

There will be opportunities to trade up if we need to.  

If we don't, there are about 6-8 WRs I'd be comfortable taking at 48.  At least a couple of them will be there for us.

Round 2/3 are the money rounds for WRs, especially in this particular draft class.  It's going to be a fun night.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Yes we would.. hes the guy that looks like Vlad. :)

One of the funniest (and cruelest) things I ever heard was when Jet teammates voted Vlad First and Third Place in the "Mr. Ugly Contest". Whoever though of the first and third (not second) is a comedy genius.