Phil Murphy Says it is Possible Jets fans will Attend Games

Metlife Stadium

Kristian Dyer recently interviewed NJ Governor Phil Murphy and if you are a glass half full kind of person, there was some good news. Murphy was asked about the possibility of Jets and Giants fans attending games at Metlife in the fall. Although Murphy cautioned that it is still too early to know, he did keep the door open to the possibility.

Yes, there is a possibility, it could be. But I can’t promise it. I don’t think anyone can.

With the way 2020 has been so far a possibility is actually encouraging news.

I’ve spoken to Roger Goodell, we speak with the Giants and the Jets all the time. I think it’s too early to tell on fans. We’re taking at this point, baby steps and slowly but surely trying to get there beginning with the staffs, the coaches, the players and I think we have to see where it goes from here,” Murphy told SportsIllustrated.com.

The trends in New Jersey right now – we have over 12,000 fatalities – but the ones we talk about each day are folks that have been infected for weeks. You look at the other data for the past several weeks, it is all gotten really quite good. We’re not out of the woods yet, but we’re getting much, much better.

If those trends keep up, you fast forward some months from now and you’ve been able to continue those trends, you’re in a very different place. We’re trying to do this incrementally. We’ll see and play it by ear as best we can. We’ll make a decision based on the data. The data right now is good.

Certainly the trend has to keep moving in the right direction. Safety will always come first, but this is encouraging news because a month ago in NJ this seemed like an incredible long shot. You can check out the full article here.

The post Phil Murphy Says it is Possible Jets fans will Attend Games appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
BfirWIeoic8

Click here to read the full story...

• Haha 1

They could start the season off with no fans in attendance and play all games in outdoor stadiums. If numbers go down during the season start allowing in fans like 25%. I'm very concerned that with re-openings and these demonstrations numbers could go way up. And in some areas like Texas and Florida they already have. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

There will be fans.  Just not sure how many or what the structure is going to look like as to who gets tickets but there will be fans in the stadiums.  I'm confident in that.

These are all great questions. I have season tickets and I am debating whether or not to go to games if we are allowed(debating with my wife and mother).  But it will be interesting to see what The Jets do with the tickets. I’m assuming that no single game tickets will be sold and that they will deal first with season-ticket holder’s. Probably at 25 to 50% capacity.  I would think that they would have to honor all PSL agreements first, and then move on to regular season ticket holders, and then maybe some single game ticket if available.  PSL/STHs would probably get 1 preseason and 3-4 regular season games, because of the limited capacity.  The situation may  make season tickets a MUCH more valuable commodity this season....looking in your general direction SAR.

14 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

They could start the season off with no fans in attendance and play all games in outdoor stadiums. If numbers go down during the season start allowing in fans like 25%. I'm very concerned that with re-openings and these demonstrations numbers could go way up. And in some areas like Texas and Florida they already have. 

Yea I think that will be how they do it. Right now the spike we are seeing is from Memorial Weekend, I'm sure in 2 weeks we'll see another spike from the protests. As long as these new cases don't overwhelm the healthcare system we'll begin to see more people allowed in one spot. If I have to guess we'll have open air arenas at 50% and closed arenas at 25%.

Either way that will put a premium on ticket prices. Don't be surprised to see a $100 ticket go for $200 this season. That's how my golf course has had to operate with the limited capacity we are allowed to have.

• Upvote 1

One of the theories being pushed around scientific circles is that this disease is very much influenced by super spreaders.  That is that most people are well below the lvl described above, but that a few rare individuals shed virus at many times the lvl.  In Europe we know that there were numerous super spreader events that have been traced back to soccer matches.

I personally wouldn’t attend a football match unless I was living alone and was isolated from elderly family.  However my wife and I are both vectors to a lot of at risk people, including family and coworkers who are high risk, so it’s quite out of the question.  I hope the NFL really thinks this through, bc judging by recent numbers, things are not getting better in most of the rest of the country (NY/NJ is a bright spot)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JetNation said:

Metlife Stadium

Kristian Dyer recently interviewed NJ Governor Phil Murphy and if you are a glass half full kind of person, there was some good news. Murphy was asked about the possibility of Jets and Giants fans attending games at Metlife in the fall. Although Murphy cautioned that it is still too early to know, he did keep the door open to the possibility.

Yes, there is a possibility, it could be. But I can’t promise it. I don’t think anyone can.

With the way 2020 has been so far a possibility is actually encouraging news.

I’ve spoken to Roger Goodell, we speak with the Giants and the Jets all the time. I think it’s too early to tell on fans. We’re taking at this point, baby steps and slowly but surely trying to get there beginning with the staffs, the coaches, the players and I think we have to see where it goes from here,” Murphy told SportsIllustrated.com.

The trends in New Jersey right now – we have over 12,000 fatalities – but the ones we talk about each day are folks that have been infected for weeks. You look at the other data for the past several weeks, it is all gotten really quite good. We’re not out of the woods yet, but we’re getting much, much better.

If those trends keep up, you fast forward some months from now and you’ve been able to continue those trends, you’re in a very different place. We’re trying to do this incrementally. We’ll see and play it by ear as best we can. We’ll make a decision based on the data. The data right now is good.

Certainly the trend has to keep moving in the right direction. Safety will always come first, but this is encouraging news because a month ago in NJ this seemed like an incredible long shot. You can check out the full article here.

The post Phil Murphy Says it is Possible Jets fans will Attend Games appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

BfirWIeoic8

Click here to read the full story...

thry should be

If you think it's safe enough to do a partial crowd, you may as well do a full crowd.  The recommended social distancing is based on people going about their normal business.  Standing a few feet away from several people who are screaming (probably booing) at the top of their lungs won't be any different than a person sitting right next to or behind them.

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea I think that will be how they do it. Right now the spike we are seeing is from Memorial Weekend, I'm sure in 2 weeks we'll see another spike from the protests. As long as these new cases don't overwhelm the healthcare system we'll begin to see more people allowed in one spot. If I have to guess we'll have open air arenas at 50% and closed arenas at 25%.

Either way that will put a premium on ticket prices. Don't be surprised to see a $100 ticket go for $200 this season. That's how my golf course has had to operate with the limited capacity we are allowed to have.

I will say this. If the Jets are selling 25% of the total tickets and they allow for resale that is a mistake.

I would hope the queue would go like this:

-PSL Holders

-Season Ticket Holders

They should stipulate that you can't resell the ticket. People making money off of this and keeping real fans out when 75% aren't allowed to go would be bad.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I will say this. If the Jets are selling 25% of the total tickets and they allow for resale that is a mistake.

-PSL Holders

-Season Ticket Holders

They should stipulate that you can't resell the ticket. People making money off of this and keeping real fans out when 75% aren't allowed to go would be bad.

On one hand I agree with your sentiment, but on the other hand, they aren't creating false scarcity, its due to public health reasons. If you bought psls, you bought rights to those seats and should be able to resell them. I say that as a psl holder from day one who has never sold a ticket and wouldn't, but I don't think psl ticket holders shouldn't be allowed to. I don't think people should be able to buy additional tix beyond their psl and sell those, and I I don't think single game or maybe even non psl season ticket holders should be able to sell theirs. 

32 minutes ago, Maxman said:

-PSL Holders

-Season Ticket Holders

Completely agree!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

What spike?

5EA0E06E-0187-40CC-87F3-D00236E10D33.png

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Season ticket holder/PSL holder here. If they limit capacity, I wonder how that will work for season ticket holders. Will we only have access to 1/2 of the games? How are those games chosen?

I am PSL/STH, and I think they will offer one preseason game and 3 to 5 regular season games to each season ticket holder. They would start with PSL Holders, to STH... And I wouldn’t be surprised if they started prioritizing with the club level folks and worked their way to the upper deck....or maybe seniority.  
until they make up their minds I will spend all my time trying to convince my wife, sister, and mother that i am going to the games....Don’t worry… They are three different women!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I am PSL/STH, and I think they will offer one preseason game and 3 to 5 regular season games to each season ticket holder. They would start with PSL Holders, to STH... And I wouldn’t be surprised if they started prioritizing with the club level folks and worked their way to the upper deck....or maybe seniority.  
until they make up their minds I will spend all my time trying to convince my wife, sister, and mother that i am going to the games....Don’t worry… They are three different women!

I’m assuming we would not be paying the same as we would for 10 games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Rexorcism said:

Screw these spoiled millionaire athletes crying about oppression again. I'm back to boycott mode

Garbage post. This wasn't even a topic here. Do me a favor and boycott this site while you are at it.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, joebabyny said:

On one hand I agree with your sentiment, but on the other hand, they aren't creating false scarcity, its due to public health reasons. If you bought psls, you bought rights to those seats and should be able to resell them. I say that as a psl holder from day one who has never sold a ticket and wouldn't, but I don't think psl ticket holders shouldn't be allowed to. I don't think people should be able to buy additional tix beyond their psl and sell those, and I I don't think single game or maybe even non psl season ticket holders should be able to sell theirs. 

Well from the team perspective, if they have 25% of fans they should want them to all be Jets fans.

Besides if this is do to public health do we really want to let Patriots fans sit next to us? We know where they have been, it just isn't safe.

41 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I’m assuming we would not be paying the same as we would for 10 games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you’re right. I think that’s what they’re trying to figure out right now, how many games how much per game etc. etc. And then they will come to us with a plan. One interesting thing will be the fact that some PSL holders might not want to attend games, but they won’t want to lose their right to buy tickets for next season in 2021. They’ve already allowed some people that option so it’s going to take some time.  Fingers crossed!  Once they decide what they’re going to do someone should start a thread so that people who have access to tickets and don’t want to use them and pass them on to loyal jets fans. I’m sure something like this already exists but maybe we need something new because of the different circumstances.

• Upvote 1

The HOBO-SHïT liberals in this country just condoned 100% access for ALL sporting events by encouraging massive protests during a pandemic. I'm fine with the protesting because this COVID response was a political hoax. 

So two things you can count on, 100% attendance for sports & TRUMP 2020. :sheepf:

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, RJIII said:

The HOBO-SHïT liberals in this country just condoned 100% access for ALL sporting events by encouraging massive protests during a pandemic. I'm fine with the protesting because this COVID response was a political hoax. 

So two things you can count on, 100% attendance for sports & TRUMP 2020. :sheepf:

Why? Why can’t we have nice things?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RJIII said:

Well, bye

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

-PSL Holders

-Season Ticket Holders

I’m an upper deck STHer with 1991 seniority.  I’m assuming most people with PSLs wouldn’t want to be in the upper deck.  If they are at a reduced capacity they shouldn’t allow resales.  I know it may not be easy.  They also shouldn’t allow people from outside the tri state area to attend games this season.  In NJ the numbers have started to decline but not in other areas.  

• Upvote 1