Jamal Adams Strikes Again on Instagram

On 6/12/2020 at 4:59 PM, Jets723 said:

Exactly.  I understand athletes want to get the best new deals they can coming off their rookie deals but there is no rush to get this done right this instant.  I mean he is acting like a little baby who had been told he can’t have candy before dinner ?.  The problem with Jamal is that he rarely if ever talks about the Jets it’s just about him.  I mean if he showed that he wanted to be a leader and help the team out more I could understand but he literally just talks about getting a monster contract right this instant.  Also comparing himself to Aaron Donald and Tom Brady was just laughable I gotta be honest 

I guess it’s also worth considering these guys careers can end with one play. I think they feel like they better get it while they can. Just a thought.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetluv58 said:

I guess it’s also worth considering these guys careers can end with one play. I think they feel like they better get it while they can. Just a thought.

This is very true. It is a business. I can't besmirch someone for trying to get more money in their particular business.

How they go about it may be another story.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

Yes but there are better ways at going about it.  Acting like a baby 24/7 and making believe you are a member of another team when you are still a Jet is not making me feel bad for you.  Plus he is already making decent money.  The rest of us bust are ass and only make a fraction of what he makes and we don’t complain 

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

Yes but... is should be "Sell me personal financial security" not "Give me personal financial security".

In any negotiation both sides need to give something up in order to get something they want.  Right now it looks like he wants to give up nothing and get everything and if he does not get that deal he wants then he is going to conduct himself like a petulant 12 year old schoolgirl.

JD is sending him to bed with no TV and without his supper.

Personally I think it is time,  but that is just me.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, I’ve seen those numbers, but it doesn’t really explain why he has such little ball production if he was lined up as a FS half the time. 

Adams is a better Landon Collins who isn’t a total liability in coverage 

He is not Ed Reed or Troy Polumalu.  He isn’t even Kerry Rhodes in coverage

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

If I get unlucky at work, my Wife and Kids get my Term Life and 50% of my salary until my Pension Contributions run out.

Cry me a river. LOL 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think much of that is dependent on opportunity and who he gets matched up with. Gregg Williams kept Poole on the field most of the game to handle the slot while Adams was blitzing 90 times. Who was Adams covering? He had one cheap INT and 7 PDs. Seems like he wasn’t doing much actual coverage at all

Adams plays in the box and I believe he lines up according to what he sees so if he is blitzing, it is because he sees something,  not that it is neccesarily by design. I think the same holds true for coverage. Also a SS isn't  supposed to cover a slot reciever. DB's cover recievers. If he is on a reciever, kudos to the OC for getting a mismatch. 

As far as coverage, he is rated highly and I don't  really have a lot of memories  of thinking,  damn, that receiver owned Adams.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

Because getting the cucumber sandwiches gratis may make the difference between being able to afford Adams' insane salary demands or not being able to afford them?  Plus you know, Tom may agree to dress up in a pretty French maid uniform to serve those.  I would probably agree to do the same if i thought it would get the piece of sh*t out of here.

Change the sandwich to BBQ and you may be onto something

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Because he’s not covering receivers. He’s picking up backs and the second TE.

I consider anyone going out for a pass a potential receiver. No, he doesn't  cover WR's, he would get blown out doing that.  I should  have made that clearer in thw other post

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Not denying this, but  do you have those numbers?

Nah. Just trying to reconcile the PFF fellatio with the fact that he only defensed eight passes all year long. My theory is that he’s not being out in coverage against anyone who’s an intended receiver anyway

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Adams is a better Landon Collins who isn’t a total liability in coverage 

He is not Ed Reed or Troy Polumalu.  He isn’t even Kerry Rhodes in coverage

Landon Collins was a legit contender for DPOTY a few years ago. Adams, not so much 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetluv58 said:

I kind of go devil’s advocate by nature but, distracting as Jamal is off the field sometimes, I have to say that it does seem like he gives 100% on the field. 

The problem is that the kid seperates himself From the team.  “I’m great they’re bad”.  Just because you give effort doesn’t mean you aren’t arrogant.  And he isn’t as great as he thinks he is he just isn’t.  He is very talented but he isn’t a player that can change the course of  game 

47 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I hope they never change your username back.

Lol. Me too.

These Jamal threads are comedy gold. With no sports going on, they’re filling an entertainment void for me.

45 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

He's a hybrid, prius.

The NHL needs to get that 24 team tournament started, ASAP.

Lets Go Rangers!

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Landon Collins was a legit contender for DPOTY a few years ago. Adams, not so much 

Collins was ridiculously overrated by Giants fans in the media

I’m not sure why the media has such a love affair with this guy

23 hours ago, Philc1 said:

2 picks in 3 years say hi

It boggles the mind how Jets fans claim that he is good in coverage.  Christ.  Eyeball test: ratio of good coverage plays to whiffs , wrong angles and wrong place at wrong time is nowhere as good as Jets fans claim.  JMO from my own ovservations.  But when he does make a play... man it can be awesome.  Credit where credit is due.  There is just not enough of it to come close to justifying keeping him beyond the rookie contract.  Not worth the money.  Poor return on investment.  I don't want mental-case risks with extraordinarily highly paid players.  /end jamal's time with NYJ.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

/end jamal's time with NYJ.

Yes, in 2022.

We have a top player on his rookie deal under contract and under control for the next 3 seasons and no contrived social media trickery is going to change that.  Jamal will either continue to play hard in NJ and earn his big contract in his 5th season or he will loaf and get benched by Gregg Williams.  That's up to him.  We are not going to set the precedent that the Jets are a team that is open to player manipulation.  Better to put him on the taxi squad and eat Jamal's contract than suffer that fate.

SAR I