Woody’s in trouble.

At at least our leader of the moral majority Jamal Adams is speaking up on this now he's ripping the owner down now, I guess he does wanna be traded.

Jamal Adams may have found a way to expedite the execution of his trade demand.

In response to a story reporting that Jets owner Woody Johnson was investigated by the State Department inspector general after allegedly making racist and sexist remarks as US ambassador to the United Kingdom, Adams made his anger toward Johnson known, writing, “We need the right people at the top” on Twitter.

“Right is right. Wrong is wrong! If u don’t think this is wrong you’re part of the problem not the solution,” Adams wrote.

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

MetLife Stadium is just fine.

Christopher Johnson has proven to be an exceptional owner.

New York City doesn't want the Jets.  They kicked us out in '82 and they mocked us in '04.

SAR I

Just because im bored, melting, and probably going delirious in this heat, what is one thing Chris has done that has proven that he is an exceptional owner?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Anonymous sources quoting hearsay is going to be tough to qualify as hard evidence. A major push from the 31 other organizations to push out an ownership family over the brother who's not involved anymore Im sure is a slippery slope. In any event, the Jets have cover anyways (unfortunately) as Chris is listed as the Chairman of the team. Plenty of other ownership families have had some serious criminal issues that have not forced them to sell e.g. Irsay.

anigif_enhanced_12091_1404756760_1.gif

3 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Because she's Black and only Tom Shane knows whats best for minorities.. B)

Because it would take me less than a year to use the color of my skin to build the same brand she has. I just choose to not sell my soul for profit. 

5 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Because it would take me less than a year to use the color of my skin to build the same brand she has. I just choose to not sell my soul for profit. 

Same can be said about Leo Terrell then.. And speaking of skin color your not that color if you don't vote for who I wonder..

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Same can be said about Leo Terrell then.. And speaking of skin color your not that color if you don't vote for who I wonder..

I'm done letting you try and bait me into locking the thread...as T0m suggested above, move along. 

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Admittedly we don't know what the comments exactly were and maybe they're overblown... But I don't get the "what are there names!!!" crowd. You realize there's a State Department investigation going on right?

And if there is no evidence proving this, since he said she said is hearsay. Will it be dropped? Guys been doing this job for years now, but today was the day? It’s all garbage. It’s a nonstory. Right now this is more of a story than desean Jackson making anti Semitic comments was. There you had evidence of hatefulness and guys like Shannon sharpe defended him, and no players spoke out against him. sh*t, he even gets a private tour of Aushwitz over it. 

show me evidence he said these things aside from someone said he said it and then I’ll care. Otherwise, this is all garbage. Dragging a mans character through the mud on unsubstantiated rumors is appalling. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

More proof of racism within this thread than they have on woody. Candace Owens is “a white man” because she isn’t black enough? Nonsense.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Depends what comes of it IMO. I think there's a good chance it is BS but if not ... Donald Sterling comes to mind.

They had sterling recorded if I remember correctly. Unless they have woody record, this is DOA. “He said something once three years ago I think.” Is not a defense.

7 minutes ago, usanyj said:

And if there is no evidence proving this, since he said she said is hearsay. Will it be dropped? Guys been doing this job for years now, but today was the day? It’s all garbage. It’s a nonstory. Right now this is more of a story than desean Jackson making anti Semitic comments was. There you had evidence of hatefulness and guys like Shannon sharpe defended him, and no players spoke out against him. sh*t, he even gets a private tour of Aushwitz over it. 

show me evidence he said these things aside from someone said he said it and then I’ll care. Otherwise, this is all garbage. Dragging a mans character through the mud on unsubstantiated rumors is appalling. 

What you don't seem to understand is that what you think doesn't matter at all. Nobody needs to prove anything to "usanyj."

What the State Department investigation uncovers and how people within the NFL react to the story is the issue.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

What you don't seem to understand is that what you think doesn't matter at all. Nobody needs to prove anything to "usanyj."

What the State Department investigation uncovers and how people within the NFL react to the story is the issue.

You don’t understand that when I said show me evidence it was an all encompassing statement as in show the evidence. 
Feelings mean nothing. It’s the actual truth that matters. You can feel however you want. If there is evidence showing he said these things, so be it. He should be held accountable. But if it’s just he said she said stuff, then yours or mine or Jamal Adams’s feelings don’t matter. 
Also, if anyone here isn’t concerned with the fact that all we need to do in today’s world is say someone did or said something without proof it happened and that’s enough to crucify us, that’s scary. 
I have it on good authority that UntouchableCrew kicks his dog every night when he gets home from work. There, now the you should be considered a monster because I said it, and it upsets my feelings. Truth doesn’t matter because I feel it’s true. See how terrible that is? 
*disclaimer, not saying you actually do that, just an example.*

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, usanyj said:

You don’t understand that when I said show me evidence it was an all encompassing statement as in show the evidence. 
Feelings mean nothing. It’s the actual truth that matters. You can feel however you want. If there is evidence showing he said these things, so be it. He should be held accountable. But if it’s just he said she said stuff, then yours or mine or Jamal Adams’s feelings don’t matter. 
Also, if anyone here isn’t concerned with the fact that all we need to do in today’s world is say someone did or said something without proof it happened and that’s enough to crucify us, that’s scary. 
I have it on good authority that UntouchableCrew kicks his dog every night when he gets home from work. There, now the you should be considered a monster because I said it, and it upsets my feelings. Truth doesn’t matter because I feel it’s true. See how terrible that is? 

I think it is terrible he kicks his dog

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You *feel* like this story is a collusive montage of lies meant to defame Woody Johnson. You have zero evidence of that being true. The State Department IG seems to think it’s credible enough to lodge an investigation. Right now, your “feelings” have less credibility than whatever evidence the IG is holding. 

I’m of the mind that you wait for proof before you determine whether something happened or not. Once evidence is shown proving or disproving the situation. That’s when you make the judgement. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, usanyj said:

I’m of the mind that you wait for proof before you determine whether something happened or not. Once evidence is shown proving or disproving the situation. That’s when you make the judgement. 

Due process?

You silly nut, you.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Nvm the state department watchdog would be investigating  the golf stuff, which wouldn’t get the Johnsons thrown out. Wasn’t Pompeo investigated over dry cleaning?

12 minutes ago, usanyj said:

That’s fair, and as I said before in the thread, Woody won’t face consequences based on the news story alone. Goodell will have to have corroborating evidence and/or some type of confession from Woody. I’d presume the story doesn’t get this far into the wild without some pretty concrete stuff behind it, and what’s being asserted is that multiple  people were present for many of these statements and were disturbed enough by them to report them. I’m curious to see what Woody does, honestly. If there’s even a chance the pending report contains enough to slime him, you’d think Goodell (and Kraft, and Jones, etc) would pressure Woody to divest and name Chris Johnson the sole owner, even if it’s just in a statutory sense. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’s fair, and as I said before in the thread, Woody won’t face consequences based on the news story alone. Goodell will have to have corroborating evidence and/or some type of confession from Woody. I’d presume the story doesn’t get this far into the wild without some pretty concrete stuff behind it, and what’s being asserted is that multiple  people were present for many of these statements and were disturbed enough by them to report them. I’m curious to see what Woody does, honestly. If there’s even a chance the pending report contains enough to slime him, you’d think Goodell (and Kraft, and Jones, etc) would pressure Woody to divest and name Chris Johnson the sole owner, even if it’s just in a statutory sense. 

Feels more like a political food fight than something that would impact the Jets or the league.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, usanyj said:

See, here's where you're wrong. If the players don't buy the excuses and and revolt and don't want to play for the guy, that matters. They can absolutely force him to sell.

I don't disagree with this. But you have to pay attention to what's happening in the world. The wind is not blowing in the favor of entitled rich white guys. They aren't being given the benefit of the doubt.

Don't disagree there's a dangerous precedent here but 1) if there are multiple witnesses (as it seems there may be in this case) it's not "he said she said." It's "multiple people accuse a guy who's lying to cover his ass." and 2) public opinion matters, a lot. Woody is in trouble, IMO.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

MetLife Stadium is just fine.

Christopher Johnson has proven to be an exceptional owner.

New York City doesn't want the Jets.  They kicked us out in '82 and they mocked us in '04.

SAR I

That is the problem tho. I’m tired of being “just fine.” I’m tired of going 6-10. I’m tired of having a mediocre coach, mediocre stadiums, mediocre jerseys, mediocre owners. I want extraordinary for once in my my ******* life! 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Feels more like a political food fight than something that would impact the Jets or the league.

I do find the timing of the Turnberry news and now this racism stuff to be interesting. Someone really has it out for Woody all of a sudden. 

9 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Text from a Jets player: "To say that dudes are boiling over is an understatement. He's got to go." Hinted there might be some type of coordinated statement speaking out against Woody Johnson from players around NFL, not just on the Jets. This story is just beginning.

Left or right, liberal or conservative....I think we can all agree that as Jets fans, this is delicious and I want more.

• Upvote 2