Woody’s in trouble.

31 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

See, here's where you're wrong. If the players don't buy the excuses and and revolt and don't want to play for the guy, that matters. They can absolutely force him to sell.

I don't disagree with this. But you have to pay attention to what's happening in the world. The wind is not blowing in the favor of entitled rich white guys. They aren't being given the benefit of the doubt.

Don't disagree there's a dangerous precedent here but 1) if there are multiple witnesses (as it seems there may be in this case) it's not "he said she said." It's "multiple people accuse a guy who's lying to cover his ass." and 2) public opinion matters, a lot. Woody is in trouble, IMO.

The public opinion of Woody was that he was a bad and aloof football owner who didn’t know what he was doing. I’ve never heard anything over the last 20 years that would indicate their hiring practices or culture were biased or unfair. 20 years down the drain because of an unnamed witness in London mixed up in a seemingly polItical food fight isn’t going to gain much momentum imo. Who are these witnesses anyway? An unnamed  witness in a situation where a crime hasn’t been committed isn’t anything more than rumor or hearsay.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The public opinion of Woody is that he was a bad and aloof football owner who didn’t know what he was doing. I’ve never heard anything over the last 20 years that would indicate their hiring practices or culture were biased or unfair. 20 years down the drain because of an unnamed witness in London mixed up in a seemingly polItical food fight isn’t going to gain much momentum imo. Who are these witnesses anyway? An unnamed  witness in a situation where a crime hasn’t been committed isn’t anything more than rumor or hearsay.

Witnesses.  

• Upvote 1

I don't care enough to read too deep into this but if he said racist and sexist things in the uk their freedom of speech works a little different than the us and what he said could actually be criminal. Either way as stated before I really don't care plenty of stupid people say plenty of stupid things just a shame that it is our idiot this time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The public opinion of Woody is that he was a bad and aloof football owner who didn’t know what he was doing. I’ve never heard anything over the last 20 years that would indicate their hiring practices or culture were biased or unfair. 20 years down the drain because of an unnamed witness in London mixed up in a seemingly polItical food fight isn’t going to gain much momentum imo. Who are these witnesses anyway? An unnamed  witness in a situation where a crime hasn’t been committed isn’t anything more than rumor or hearsay.

I'm not saying I know how it will play out but it's naive to think nothing will come of this. The player response is important here. I think if the Johnsons can quell the locker room they will be in much better shape.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Witnesses.  

It really doesn't make a difference who is the owner the fans will always complain!   It's about instant gratification especially in the bigger cities it's more prevalent.   In time it will all come out about what  Woody Johnson actually stated right now he is proven guilty on here before the facts are revealed!

One thing you can say about Woody. He is not well loved at the US embassy to the UK. A lot of leaking going on there and not pro Woody. btw when Trump asked at his presser today about it and whether he told Woody to get the British Open played at his golf course. First he gave a "free" commercial for it saying how great a golf course it is. And then he said he never told Woody to do that.  In words? As we know the person in charge doesn't always have to use exact words. Or maybe somebody else said it. "The President would like it if..." 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, MS jets Fan said:

It really doesn't make a difference who is the owner the fans will always complain!   It's about instant gratification especially in the bigger cities it's more prevalent.   In time it will all come out about what  Woody Johnson actually stated right now he is proven guilty on here before the facts are revealed!

You're accusing Jets fans of needing instant gratification? Are you aware of the history of the team at all?

• Haha 2

So, uh, if you read this slowly, it’s saying “Ambassador Woody—who doesn’t work here anymore— denied the charges and, just as an aside,  the Jets organization doesn’t do racism!” Pretty slippery statement, imo. Basically a “Woody? Who?”

I don't care who you were talking to, you were the last person to bring her up.
Of course you think I'm ignorant, Candace Owens speaks to people like you. Her whole gimmick is to pander to people like you, which is why her brand is so big. If only you more informed and smart enough to realize this, but alas...
Again your Ignorance is noted!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, uh, if you read this slowly, it’s saying “Ambassador Woody—who doesn’t work here anymore— denied the charges and, just as an aside,  the Jets organization doesn’t do racism!” Pretty slippery statement, imo. Basically a “Woody? Who?”

***except that one time we let Brett Favre do god knows what to a bunch of our employees, but that’s it***

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I don’t like to rush to judgment in these situations but Woody is finished. He was unpopular to being with as an owner, he’s a trump supporter which makes him more unpopular and now he’s been accused of racism at the absolute worst time. Stick a fork in him.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This is 100% accurate.  That argument is made by conservatives and liberals alike.  

Except that no one ties it to the celebration of Black History Month. Or bothers to check whether similar patterns exist among whites in the same poverty class. So as the usual stereotyping goes, they're a bunch of deadbeat dads, what right have they as a race have to celebrate anything? If that isn't racist, then there's no such thing.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yo innocent until proven guilty b******! I got two baby mamas and they would say or do anything to try to bring me down!

I'm sticking with the boss on this one and I'm glad the Jets got his back-

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, MS jets Fan said:

I have noticed and sports was a way to enjoy some time interacting with fellow fans and now this has turned divisive.  Even if I didn't agree with what was said it was still civil now, it just accelerated.   

Bold caps makes it true

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

If Jamal Adams leads the charge for Woody to sell the team, and the effort succeeds... does that make taking an in-the-box safety with the sixth overall pick totally worth it? 

If we’re depending on Jamal to guard Woody, Woody is going to be President Johnson by halftime.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

The public opinion of Woody was that he was a bad and aloof football owner who didn’t know what he was doing. I’ve never heard anything over the last 20 years that would indicate their hiring practices or culture were biased or unfair. 20 years down the drain because of an unnamed witness in London mixed up in a seemingly polItical food fight isn’t going to gain much momentum imo. Who are these witnesses anyway? An unnamed  witness in a situation where a crime hasn’t been committed isn’t anything more than rumor or hearsay.

I would love for Woody to be forced to sell. However in total fairness to him the Jets have been pretty fair when it comes to race in the NFL. He's hired two African American head coaches since buying the team. He also ran (still runs?) a charity to raise awareness for lupus, and specifically how it targets African American women. 

I would love to be rid of him because he's a lousy owner, but I don't believe him to be a racist. 

1 hour ago, jetlaw said:

I don’t like to rush to judgment in these situations but Woody is finished. He was unpopular to being with as an owner, he’s a trump supporter which makes him more unpopular and now he’s been accused of racism at the absolute worst time. Stick a fork in him.

finished how?

The NFL will not be considering a forced sale over any of these accusations. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No not *that* witness. I need *every* witness name pronto

Which one is it then? The article contradicts itself in back to back paragraphs

But Johnson apparently went ahead and raised the matter with David Mundell, then secretary of state for Scotland, according to a person familiar with the conversation.

In a statement, the British government said Mundell met with Johnson in early 2018, "but Johnson made no request regarding the British Open or any other sporting event."

3 hours ago, Ruby2 said:

Just because im bored, melting, and probably going delirious in this heat, what is one thing Chris has done that has proven that he is an exceptional owner?

1.  Announced complete rebuild.

2.  Kept meek Bowles and meek Maccagnan to babysit 2017 squad bereft of talent.

3.  Aggressively traded up to get his franchise quarterback.

4.  Fired Bowles.

5.  Hired Gase. 

6.  Hired Williams.

7.  Fired Maccagnan.

8.  Cleaned out front office.

9.  Losing culture, weed culture, vanquished.

Without illness and injury, Jets would have finished 10-6 and made the playoffs last year.  Without illness or injury, Jets will finish 10-6 and win the division this year.  Our rebuild was years ahead of schedule, quick and decisive, just like my Yankees and Rangers.  Jets are set for the next decade.

Thank you Christopher Johnson.

SAR I

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

That is the problem tho. I’m tired of being “just fine.” I’m tired of going 6-10. I’m tired of having a mediocre coach, mediocre stadiums, mediocre jerseys, mediocre owners. I want extraordinary for once in my my ******* life! 

Yankees fan here.  Rangers fan here.  I know a thing or two about winning and trust me when I tell you, Christopher Johnson is a fantastic CEO.  

MetLife Stadium doesn't have to have green plastic seats for the Jets to win.  We just need the right front office, GM, head coach, and franchise quarterback.  Compare 2020 with 2017.  We've come a long, long way.

SAR I

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Which one is it then? The article contradicts itself in back to back paragraphs

But Johnson apparently went ahead and raised the matter with David Mundell, then secretary of state for Scotland, according to a person familiar with the conversation.

In a statement, the British government said Mundell met with Johnson in early 2018, "but Johnson made no request regarding the British Open or any other sporting event."

That seems to suggest that the British government denied something that someone else, on background, claimed had happened(?)

• Upvote 2

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

I love the Jets and all I can say is.............................

Don't let them divide us!

WE CAN WORK IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1