Jordan Jenkins Tests Positive For Covid Antibodies

this could be good news.  assuming the antibodies means jenkins isn't in danger of catching this bug again means he'll be ready to play. of course nodoby has said definitively that people can't catch it twice.  it also means he was able to combat the bug without needing serious hospitalization.  i suspect most of these athletes aren't in the danger zone if they catch this (except tom brady).

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, rangerous said:

nodoby has said definitively that people can't catch it twice. 

i think the probability of this is low...   however, as you said, we don't REALLY know quite yet....

i am personally pretty hopeful that it means people should be safe once they have the antibodies

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

They should have him giving blood to everyone in the facility.

This might just be the edge we’ve been seeking 

I saw a movie like that where they took blood from a guy because there was no more water on earth and could conver blood to water, in the movie the guy died instantly, hopefully Jenkins has not seen this movie.

2 minutes ago, Riggins said:

I saw a movie like that where they took blood from a guy because there was no more water on earth and could conver blood to water, in the movie the guy died instantly, hopefully Jenkins has not seen this movie.

Hopefully Jenkins realizes what’s at stake and is willing to sacrifice himself for a bountiful season.

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

i think the probability of this is low...   however, as you said, we don't REALLY know quite yet....

i am personally pretty hopeful that it means people should be safe once they have the antibodies

As the immunology Dr told me, take it for what’s its worth, no one can guarantee that if you’ve had it once you can’t get it again.  But he works with a nation wide testing group and they’ve never had someone test positive for COVID-19 twice.  As he also said, so far there haven’t been any mutations that could lead to a 2nd go round for all of us lucky enough to have had COVID but no one can say for sure what’s coming so stay careful is the word to live by. 

Everyone needs to stay safe.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Meanwhile....in the armpit of NY....

Just our luck. The whole Buffalo team will get over Covid before the season starts, and we'll probably have half the team test positive right before the first game.

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

The nurse that drew my blood today told me the Covid antibodies don’t last very long. He gets tested every 2 weeks and only tested positive twice (for antibodies). 

that’s the bitch of this damn virus 

This is true but there are also t-cells which do give an enhanced response after infection, and that response seems to last longer.  So there is some protection even for those infected previously but with no antibodies.  Re-infection rates seem very very low anecdotally, though they are finding that there are lingering cardio-vascular and neurological impacts of the first infection they didn't previously know about.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Larz said:

The nurse that drew my blood today told me the Covid antibodies don’t last very long. He gets tested every 2 weeks and only tested positive twice (for antibodies). 

Pretty much what they told me after I tested positive for the antibodies.

How long?  Theyre not sure 

25 minutes ago, Larz said:

Yes your nurse is a great source.