Darnold positives from Sunday

Y3k

9 minutes ago, Y3k said:

Yes there were positives, quite a few actually. I’ve rewatched every play like 10 times now, here are some positive observations:

- He looks bigger and stronger, maybe even a bit taller

- He was awesome in the pocket, even on bad throws/plays. The “pocket” was very chaotic all day. He stood in there, eyes down field. Did a great job of moving in the pocket and/or finding lanes to scramble and create time to throw.

- The second drop by Crowder in the first quarter is maybe the most impressive pocket throw Darnold has ever made. Watch it again closely if you can. 

- Bounces back from the pick with a great throw to Le’Veon and a nice 2 min drive to get points 

- His release is absurd. It’s incredible how he took this loopy throwing motion and now has probably the tightest release in the NFL. People love to trash his “mechanics” but his throwing mechanics are good. It’s his footwork that sometime is out of sync. 

- Overall this was a lot closer to being a good game than it felt like live. It was an incredibly frustrating game to watch because of the uncharacteristic missed throws and drops. It created a barrage of 3 and outs that combined with the D allowing long scoring drives became unbearable to watch. 

- I have to say, nothing is easy in this offense. Yes, “plays were there to be made” but they were all high degree of difficulty plays that required Sam to buy time and make accurate throws on the move. 

On to Sunday 

Yeah and I’m 20 years old with a big head of hair tons of money and a big old schlong. Well maybe the big old schlong part is still true but no fantasy’s here - Darnold didn’t have many if any positives unfortunately .

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Yeah and I’m 20 years old with a big head of hair tons of money and a big old schlong. Well maybe the big old schlong part is still true but no fantasy’s here - Darnold didn’t have many if any positives unfortunately .

Yes it’s all bad or all good, that’s rational 

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Get rid of Gase, promote Williams to interim HC, and let Jim Bob Cooter do Matthew Stafford type sh*t with Darnold the rest of the year.

This offense is frustrating as hell to watch. We’ve taken a natural gunslinger like Darnold and stuck him in an offense that calls for some variation of a screen pass on 80% of his drop backs.

If the OL continues to gel, we get back Mims, Bell, Perine, Williamson, etc. and Darnold is able to thrive in a more wide open offense, then we’re in great shape moving forward.

If Darnold falls flat on his face, then we’re at least in the mix for Lawrence.

The only thing worse than the Jets offense this past Sunday was the Jets defense, so no thank you on promoting Williams. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Y3k said:

Yes there were positives, quite a few actually. I’ve rewatched every play like 10 times now, here are some positive observations:

- He was awesome in the pocket, even on bad throws/plays. The “pocket” was very chaotic all day. He stood in there, eyes down field. Did a great job of moving in the pocket and/or finding lanes to scramble and create time to throw.

- The second drop by Crowder in the first quarter is maybe the most impressive pocket throw Darnold has ever made. Watch it again closely if you can. 

- Bounces back from the pick with a great throw to Le’Veon and a nice 2 min drive to get points 

- His release is absurd. It’s incredible how he took this loopy throwing motion and now has probably the tightest release in the NFL. People love to trash his “mechanics” but his throwing mechanics are good. It’s his footwork that sometime is out of sync. 

- Overall this was a lot closer to being a good game than it felt like live. It was an incredibly frustrating game to watch because of the uncharacteristic missed throws and drops. It created a barrage of 3 and outs that combined with the D allowing long scoring drives became unbearable to watch. 

- I have to say, nothing is easy in this offense. Yes, “plays were there to be made” but they were all high degree of difficulty plays that required Sam to buy time and make accurate throws on the move. 

On to Sunday 

tenor.gif?itemid=4327108

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The only thing worse than the Jets offense this past Sunday was the Jets defense, so no thank you on promoting Williams. 

If we’re promoting someone to interim HC, I’d rather it be Gregg Williams over some guy like Dowell Loggains or Shawn Jefferson.

And unless Williams blows everyone’s collective t!ts off, we’d be parting ways at the end of the year anyway.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Y3k said:

On to Sunday 

You should have said he put his uniform on correctly, and ended there.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I really can't think of a single positive from that game. I would like to give him credit for the TD to Crowder, but Crowder did all the work.

I guess the drive before the half after the Allen fumble was nice. He threw a beautiful pass to Bell down the sideline that he usually always misses. 

He called an audible on that play to get it done. You give mahomes credit when he dumps it off to Hill right?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, talonmm said:

All those points the op made, and this is the one you wish to counter?

It’s called deflection. Notice how no one was even tried to make a rational argument against the things I said. This is what this forum has devolved into. It’s a toxic waste dump. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1