our "number one wr" perriman better shine this weekend

kmnj

dude was brought in here to be our "number one"-8 million 

bell is hurt

crowder is hurt

time for him to step up and earn some of his salary

this years niners can be thrown on and are not the same team from last year

he better get 100+ yards with a td -none of these trash 35 yards with 3 catches.....and no tds

Former Bucs’ WR Breshad Perriman is signing with the Jets on a one-year deal for worth up to $8 million, including $6 million guaranteed

Just now, bla bla bla said:

I will wait to pass judgement until after the Colts game. I saw a few plays with Perriman running wide open and Sam just missed him. (Specifically the play where Sam ran out of bounds for a sack, Crowder was also wide open as well)

Crowder should have been the play there was a fairly average throw to make. Crowder would have had a huge gain there. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, kmnj said:

bell is hurt

crowder is hurt

he better get 100+ yards with a td -none of these trash 35 yards with 3 catches.....and no tds

Former Bucs’ WR Breshad Perriman is signing with the Jets on a one-year deal for worth up to $8 million, including $6 million guaranteed

The Niners Pass Defense played great last week. And were pretty great last year. Other than Sherman being out I don't know what makes you think 'this years niners can be thrown on and are not the same team from last year'. Their pass rush will go after Sam full tilt and Gase better develop a great gameplan to counter that. 

11 minutes ago, PepPep said:

The Niners Pass Defense played great last week. And were pretty great last year. Other than Sherman being out I don't know what makes you think 'this years niners can be thrown on and are not the same team from last year'. Their pass rush will go after Sam full tilt and Gase better develop a great gameplan to counter that. 

Great?  That might be an overstatement.  Middle of the pack, and that is with their being on the bottom in rush D.  They were gashed by Hopkins for 151 with Sherman playing almost every snap.  Their D is not the 2000 Ravens.  We can move the ball.  I agree they are not a cakewalk since most of that damage was done by Hopkins (imagine that, a competent NFL receiver!) and the rushing leader was Murray.  We aren't likely to replicate that.  

Not that he’s suited for the role, but it’s absurd that everyone discounts Crowder as the team’s top receiver, which he clearly is by targets and contract, because he’s a slot. Perriman was brought in to stretch the field as an outside guy. They’d slot nicely into #2 and #3 roles respectively if the team had a #1.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I like Perriman but he’s not a #1 WR and has never been in his career. He had a solid stretch of games in a heavy passing offense opposite Chris Godwin who went off. I’m not banking on him turning into a stud here with this regime 

I agree that he is not a guy I'd bank on being a #1, but he has #1 traits. Perriman finished 2019 with three one-hundred yard games.  Godwin did not play in two of them.  Godwin got hurt halfway through the first of the three.  Evans missed them all.

11 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Spoiler Alert: He won't

2 catches for 17 yards is my prediction. 

what is your prediction  for R Anderson?

another bomb td that disgruntled jet fans will say well if you take away that td his game was rather pedestrian lol

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

It's one o'clock on a Sunday
The non covid crowd shuffles in
There's a Jets fan sittin' next to me
Saying, its been 50 years since our Super Bowl win.

He says, "Son, can you play me a memory?
I'm not really sure how it goes
But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete
When I think about our Jets woes. 

La la la, le li la
La la, le li la, da dum

Get us a win you're the Perriman, Get us a win tonight 
Well, we're all in the mood for a winning team
And you better not play uptight. 

Now John at the bar is a friend of mine
He gets me my tickets for free
And he's quick with a jets joke or to light up your smoke
But there's someplace that he'd rather be. 
He says, "Bill, I believe the Jets killing me"
As the smile ran away from his face
"Well, I'm sure that I couldn't be more depressed if the Jets weren't a God Damn disgrace. 

Oh, la la la, de di da
La la, de di da, da dum

Now Paul is a real estate novelist
Who never had time for a game
And he's talkin' with Davy, who says the Jets are a shame
And the Johnsons are always to blame. 

And ownership is practicing politics
As the fans slowly get stoned
Yes, they're sharing a drink they call loneliness
But it's better than losing at home.

Get us a win, you're the Perriman
Get us a win tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a winnimg team
And you better not play uptight. 

It's a pretty good crowd for a Sunday
And the manager gives me a smile
'Cause he knows that it's me they've been comin' to see
To forget about the Jets for a while

And the Jets play,like they're in a carnival
And the team takes it in the rear. Fans sit at the bar and put bread in the jar And say, "Man, what are us fans doin' here?"

Oh, la la la, de di da
La la, de di da, da dum

Gwt us a win you're the Perriman
Gwt u a win tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a friggin winnimg team and you better not play uptight. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, kmnj said:

bell is hurt

crowder is hurt

cant shine if they pass to him 2 times all game and throw it to him 1 yard out. 

That is my fear, but hot damn it would be nice to see him shine and he should, no excuse not to.

15 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

cant shine if they pass to him 2 times all game and throw it to him 1 yard out. 

That is my fear, but hot damn it would be nice to see him shine and he should, no excuse not to.

No excuse not too. Lol. Welcome to JN ;) 

5 hours ago, PepPep said:

Can’t run Bell up the gut. Need new plan. 

7 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I will wait to pass judgement until after the Colts game. I saw a few plays with Perriman running wide open and Sam just missed him. (Specifically the play where Sam ran out of bounds for a sack, Crowder was also wide open as well)

This is JetNation.  There will be no waiting to pass judgment. Only snap decisions are allowed here.

• Upvote 1