Jump to content
Jetsfan80

Rams, WR Robert Woods agree to four-year, $65 million extension

Recommended Posts

https://www.nfl.com/news/rams-wr-robert-woods-agree-to-four-year-65-million-extension

Rams, WR Robert Woods agree to four-year, $65 million extension

Published: Sep 18, 2020 at 05:57 PM

Robert Woods is the next player to earn an extension with the Los Angeles Rams this season.

Woods has agreed to a four-year, $65 million contract extension with the Rams, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports, per source. The team would also announce the news on Friday.

Rapoport adds that the extension is guaranteed $32 million and worth a maximum of $68 million.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's about what Mike Evans makes.  Pretty reasonable.

I have no idea how the Rams think they'll be able to pay for everyone, however.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's about what Mike Evans makes.  Pretty reasonable.

I have no idea how the Rams think they'll be able to pay for everyone, however.

Yeah, it's not that hard actually when you have an Owner, GM, Front Office, Head Coach with a clue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's about what Mike Evans makes.  Pretty reasonable.

I have no idea how the Rams think they'll be able to pay for everyone, however.

They moved on from Gurley to save money which was a smart move given the ease in which you can replace RBs these days

2 minutes ago, Shea Jet said:

Yeah, it's not that hard actually when you have an Owner, GM, Front Office, Head Coach with a clue...

The Rams only went 9-7 last year and missed the playoffs. They have a smart front office, but eventually giving out big contracts can backfire. Time will tell with the Rams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

They moved on from Gurley to save money which was a smart move given the ease in which you can replace RBs these days

The Rams only went 9-7 last year and missed the playoffs. They have a smart front office, but eventually giving out big contracts can backfire. Time will tell with the Rams. 

ONLY 9-7. In a "bad" (Super Bowl Loss Hangover) year. Wouldve been a dangerous 7-seed in the Playoffs had the new format started 1-year sooner.

You're right, the "Jet" theory is better. Draft great player (Revis, Adams) trade great player for 1's (Revis, Adams) and do absolutely NOTHING with the Cap Savings and multiple picks of any consequence.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Q

49 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup.

We trade away our good players in the hope of using those draft picks to draft good players...

and by not paying said good player we save the almighty cap dollar,  but then we shouldn't use those cap dollars to sign good free agents because high priced free agents always bust.

That's the continued logic of the NYJ's and their fan base.

 I understand your frustration but that is not the only explanation.

I would say the last time we had order in this organization was with Mangini and Tannenbaum.

Since then it's been a Non-Stop overlapping wrong fit of coaches, coordinators, players, systems, general managers Etc.

It's like wearing your Halloween costume to the company Christmas party but you got to pay somebody to give you a ride because the rims you bought don't fit your truck.

 That's what's up.

I think the current regime are actually all on the same page. I think you're going to see Chris Johnson, Gase, JD, and Williams around for a while. Let it stew.

I think they actually have a plan. I think the people blasting Gase don't realize that he's the guy that told Chris Johnson what a f****** joke we are, and that's when everything started changing for the better.

 Trading Jamal Adams was a necessary evil. We got three draft picks including two first-rounders and a player to replace him that's an actual leader. Not too shabby.

Listen we're all pissed off and I think most Jets fans have a predisposition that this is the same old Jets. It takes a second to wreck it, it takes time to build. you got to chill.

 To all you Gase haters out there, how would you feel about his cocky weird personality and crazy eyeballs if he won us 12 games this year?

 Yeah that's what I thought LOL!

15 games left...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Shea Jet said:

ONLY 9-7. In a "bad" (Super Bowl Loss Hangover) year. Wouldve been a dangerous 7-seed in the Playoffs had the new format started 1-year sooner.

You're right, the "Jet" theory is better. Draft great player (Revis, Adams) trade great player for 1's (Revis, Adams) and do absolutely NOTHING with the Cap Savings and multiple picks of any consequence.

Apparently, being better than Jets is now the base line for greatness in this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Q

 I understand your frustration but that is not the only explanation.

I would say the last time we had order in this organization was with Mangini and Tannenbaum.

Since then it's been a Non-Stop overlapping wrong fit of coaches, coordinators, players, systems, general managers Etc.

It's like wearing your Halloween costume to the company Christmas party but you got to pay somebody to give you a ride because the rims you bought don't fit your truck.

 That's what's up.

I think the current regime are actually all on the same page. I think you're going to see Chris Johnson, Gase, JD, and Williams around for a while. Let it stew.

I think they actually have a plan. I think the people blasting Gase don't realize that he's the guy that told Chris Johnson what a f****** joke we are, and that's when everything started changing for the better.

 Trading Jamal Adams was a necessary evil. We got three draft picks including two first-rounders and a player to replace him that's an actual leader. Not too shabby.

Listen we're all pissed off and I think most Jets fans have a predisposition that this is the same old Jets. It takes a second to wreck it, it takes time to build. you got to chill.

 To all you Gase haters out there, how would you feel about his cocky weird personality and crazy eyeballs if he won us 12 games this year?

 Yeah that's what I thought LOL!

15 games left...

Look, I don't disagree with anything you're saying.   I've been saying it for months.

I think JD's plan was to completely clean house and that Gase and CJ were fully on board.  With that said, I don't have to agree with that plan though.  I think they could have put together a competitive roster and given Sam a chance to succeed. Quality QB play can go a long way if he has a semblance of talent.

Right now, Sam has no chance to get better - and won't be a Jet in two years.  Thats pretty much a fact at this point.  JD has moved on from Sam and I simply think it was too early for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like the Rams throw big money at everyone. Will be hell to pay soon enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, because Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp are just ready to go into Mohammed,Wilkerson mode of "**** you, I got paid so I ain't ttyin' anymo'" LOLOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Icer said:

Seems like the Rams throw big money at everyone. Will be hell to pay soon enough

But they're throwing money to the right players/positions:

Donald - Pass rushing DT

Ramsey - Shut down corner

Woods/Kupp - Stud wr's

Goff - QB

Credit the Rams for investing in the premium positions (not RB or Safety)

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/rams-wr-robert-woods-agree-to-four-year-65-million-extension

Rams, WR Robert Woods agree to four-year, $65 million extension

Published: Sep 18, 2020 at 05:57 PM

Robert Woods is the next player to earn an extension with the Los Angeles Rams this season.

Woods has agreed to a four-year, $65 million contract extension with the Rams, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports, per source. The team would also announce the news on Friday.

Rapoport adds that the extension is guaranteed $32 million and worth a maximum of $68 million.

Remember him in buffalo just shows you how much coaching matters. He was completely wasted their. Much like our players now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/rams-wr-robert-woods-agree-to-four-year-65-million-extension

Rams, WR Robert Woods agree to four-year, $65 million extension

Published: Sep 18, 2020 at 05:57 PM

Robert Woods is the next player to earn an extension with the Los Angeles Rams this season.

Woods has agreed to a four-year, $65 million contract extension with the Rams, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports, per source. The team would also announce the news on Friday.

Rapoport adds that the extension is guaranteed $32 million and worth a maximum of $68 million.

his DVOAis a blip above Robbys last year....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

his DVOAis a blip above Robbys last year....

He also wasn't the QBs only option in the Rams offense like RA was here last year outside out Crowder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup.

We trade away our good players in the hope of using those draft picks to draft good players...

and by not paying said good player we save the almighty cap dollar,  but then we shouldn't use those cap dollars to sign good free agents because high priced free agents always bust.

That's the continued logic of the NYJ's and their fan base.

 

13 hours ago, Shea Jet said:

Yeah, it's not that hard actually when you have an Owner, GM, Front Office, Head Coach with a clue...

they're a projected 14M over the cap in 2021 and that's without it possibly being cut.  doesn't seem too smart to be handing out all these contracts when no one knows what's happening with the cap..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teams can always find a way under the cap. Whitworth retires at 39 there's your 14 million. It's easy to find cap space it's hard to build a winner

they're a projected 14M over the cap in 2021 and that's without it possibly being cut.  doesn't seem too smart to be handing out all these contracts when no one knows what's happening with the cap..


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Teams can always find a way under the cap. Whitworth retires at 39 there's your 14 million. It's easy to find cap space it's hard to build a winner

 


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

 

Agreed.   Teams don’t lose players that they really want to keep.  There’s always a way to manipulate and clear cap space.   So if in a couple years the Rams need to cut a couple guys like they did with Gurley this year,  then so be it, at least they are trying to win a Super Bowl and have a very competitive roster.  Large amounts of cap space is totally overrated.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Teams can always find a way under the cap. Whitworth retires at 39 there's your 14 million. It's easy to find cap space it's hard to build a winner

 


Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

 

whitworth's number is only 6.6.  lose your franchise tackle, seems like that'll be a good way to continue the mediocrity in LA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, heymangold said:

whitworth's number is only 6.6.  lose your franchise tackle, seems like that'll be a good way to continue the mediocrity in LA.

2017- 11-5

2018- 13-3 Super Bowl Appearance

2019- 9-7

I wish the Jets were Mediocre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Shea Jet said:

2017- 11-5

2018- 13-3 Super Bowl Appearance

2019- 9-7

I wish the Jets were Mediocre

why stop at 2017?  oh, thats because the next 13 years they were .500 or under.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, heymangold said:

why stop at 2017?  oh, thats because the next 13 years they were .500 or under.

Um. That's when their current Head Coach took over, that's why. 

How's your current Head Coach working out for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Teams don’t lose players that they really want to keep.

Exactly. A #3 receiver (at best) and a box safety are not worth the dollars that RA and Whiny wanted, so we let them go. Players that we really didn't want to keep, at least for ridiculous contracts. Maye stepped in and outperformed Adams, and he isn't getting paid $20+ million per year.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Shea Jet said:

Um. That's when their current Head Coach took over, that's why. 

How's your current Head Coach working out for you?

i'm confused.  if you're not a jets fan why are you posting on this board?  

your argument is that the rams aren't mediocre.  sure, they've had 3 good years.  but before that they were a disaster.  the jets had almost 2 times as many wins as the rams did in that 13 year stretch i cited.  

i get it, it's all what have you done for me lately.  the jets ownership is failing this team by consistently hiring poor coaches and general managers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Losmeister said:

his DVOAis a blip above Robbys last year....

Yes, and I'm not really sure why he was so low last year.  He was WR16 in 2018 and WR21 in 2017.  Thru Week 1 this season he's WR25. 

Taking all of the data into account he's worth every penny.  He's had a 65+ % catch rate each of the last 4 seasons, including his final year in Buffalo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, viffer said:

Exactly. A #3 receiver (at best) and a box safety are not worth the dollars that RA and Whiny wanted, so we let them go. Players that we really didn't want to keep, at least for ridiculous contracts. Maye stepped in and outperformed Adams, and he isn't getting paid $20+ million per year.

 

And we offered as much or more to Anderson than Carolina did.  He chose to go play for his old Temple coach.  That is something that gets conveniently ignored by the "WHY DIDN'T WE KEEP RAHHBY" crowd.

Douglas set a line in the sand on what he felt Anderson was actually worth to a football team and didn't cross it.  I can understand that.  Robby will never be a WR1, and even in Carolina, I expect he's going to be duking it out with Curtis Samuel for WR2 duties most of the season, his Week 1 performance notwithstanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

But they're throwing money to the right players/positions:

Donald - Pass rushing DT

Ramsey - Shut down corner

Woods/Kupp - Stud wr's

Goff - QB

Credit the Rams for investing in the premium positions (not RB or Safety)

 

They gave huge contracts to Gurley and cooks as well. Not the wisest decision, but if you make a Super Bowl run, you're not complaining. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, and I'm not really sure why he was so low last year.  He was WR16 in 2018 and WR21 in 2017.  Thru Week 1 this season he's WR25. 

Taking all of the data into account he's worth every penny.  He's had a 65+ % catch rate each of the last 4 seasons, including his final year in Buffalo.

I spent about 7 minutes wattching his hilte reel that was 15 minutes long. It wasnt terribly exciting so I stopped.

Not one constested catch.  The have him do end arounds. He gets yards, but doesnt make pelople miss.

Hes not as long as Robby. So he can move in smaller spaces. has very little YAC. Not particularly evasive.

What'd he do w/ the Bills?  Never more than 700 yds or 5 TDs in 4 yrs.

Catch % has more to do w/ QB than with WR unless you are dropping them like crazy. 

Am not disputing his worth. Hes solid. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

 To all you Gase haters out there, how would you feel about his cocky weird personality and crazy eyeballs if he won us 12 games this year?

 Yeah that's what I thought LOL!

15 games left...

And if Kotite had won us a championship, we would love him, too. This is the most nonsensical defense of anyone I have ever seen.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jgb said:

And if Kotite had won us a championship, we would love him, too. This is the most nonsensical defense of anyone I have ever seen.

Go cry in your soup you hater. Why bother being a Jets fan are you short or bald or something?

And yes if kotite won you a Championship you'd love him too.. you said it yourself. Thanks you proved my point exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oops///    16 mill a year?  thats wayy overpay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...