What a Hard Core Giants Fan Told Me

More Cowbell

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is how I see it.  I hope JD knows he should build around Sam for the foreseeable future  Don't blow all of the draft capital we've accumulated to take another young kid who will have no team. Let the OL gel, allow Sam time to settle into the idea that his line is giving him time and he will get the ball out to the open guys or slide it into tight coverage as we know he can do. 

It's wy premature to give up on Sam. I'd like to see Greg Roman with Sam. Or Even Bienemy (who I'm not sold on but still) before I Give up. Jamar Chase or Devonta Smith are coming to town to run around with Mims next season. Let Sam play with those cats. 

Can’t I agree on Roman or biennemy as head coaches but you’re right about darnold. The jets did shore the oline but it still takes time for these guys to get there blocking schemes together. And for the people who think the jets didn’t get offensive weapons the did pick up mins and Perrin. It’s just too bad those guys are injured at the moment.  And it’s also too bad bell is out not to mention Vincent smith. It’s hard to go into a season with half of the top players missing.

another point isdarnold needs to feel comfortable that the job is his.  We don’t need another Todd Robinson or fitzy Geno fiasco.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, TNJet said:

He turned it over once last week. The real turnover machine, Allen fumbled 4 times. Sam is a victim of horrible preparation via Gase and Loggains.

Have you seen the guy play the last three years?  Some of his decisions make you wonder if the Darmold could pass a third grade math test.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Have you seen the guy play the last three years?  Some of his decisions make you wonder if the Darmold could pass a third grade math test.

Yes each year every game. He's not as bad as the offense he's forced to execute. 4 yard dinks and horrible draw runs.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Sam is a victim of horrible preparation via Gase and Loggains.

I would love to believe that is true because it would make things so much easier that way, but I'm beginning to think that Sam isn't the guy.

He just came off a 3 month quarantine with his hand-picked personal quarterback whisperer, getting more focus on football than any other time in his entire life.  He's in the same playbook running the same offense for the first time in three years.  Every single offensive position coach and coordinator returned to the team.  He just had 5 weeks of camp where he didn't get touched let alone hit.  Even with the injuries, he's got a better O now than he did at any time last year when the roster was made up of 3rd and 4th stringers.  And that performance in Buffalo was amateur hour, it was mistake after mistake, the kind of boneheaded things a high school JV quarterback would make.

There comes a time when it's not the coaching, it's the player.  If Sam could hit the side of a barn, we beat Buffalo last week.  He'd better show up tomorrow.  I'm done making excuses for him.

SAR I

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 5

18 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Doesn't take an improved line to make dumb decisions on the field.  Like it or not, Darnold is a turnover machine.   It's what he is now and always will be in his short time in the NFL before he dons the baseball cap and holds the clipboard. 

But apparently it takes a crappy supporting cast for Sam to beat the Giants last year 

9 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You don't think perhaps not playing from behind all the time has something to do with that? Maybe an extra couple of feet of separation for his receivers might help? An extra second in the pocket. ON EVERY SINGLE PLAY? A coach that plays to his strengths? A running game?

This kid has been ****ed by circumstance and has not had a fair shot to actually grow into an NFL quarterback. AT ALL

Worst offensive line in football, worse receiver group and two horrible head coaches. What QB has faced a worse set of circumstances and developed by year three into a LEAUGUE AVERAGE quarterback? I'll wait for your reply.

We’ve heard similar defenses on Geno and Sanchez. At the end of the day there is nothing in the kids tape that shows he’s a franchise QB. 

-Happy Feet

-Missing wide open guys (doesn’t see them)

-Bad decisions 

-Inaccurate 

Sam Darnold has been part of the problem not the solution and the Jets need an upgrade. 

The kid has some ability and maybe it will click for him one day, but it’s not going to be here. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

No offense but that’s totally illogical.  Be patient with Sam but I’m done with my 2nd year QB?

And Darius Slayton would be the Jets best WR immediately.  

We talked about Jones as well. In my brothers opinion, the worst thing a QB can do is turn the ball over and he was hoping Jones would  grow out of that but he started the season with a multi TO game. 

8 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You don't think perhaps not playing from behind all the time has something to do with that? Maybe an extra couple of feet of separation for his receivers might help? An extra second in the pocket. ON EVERY SINGLE PLAY? A coach that plays to his strengths? A running game?

This kid has been ****ed by circumstance and has not had a fair shot to actually grow into an NFL quarterback. AT ALL

Worst offensive line in football, worse receiver group and two horrible head coaches. What QB has faced a worse set of circumstances and developed by year three into a LEAUGUE AVERAGE quarterback? I'll wait for your reply.

For three hears now, Darnold has gotten the benefit of every f*cking excuse in the book.    Sorry, but the kid looks awful.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

We talked about Jones as well. In my brothers opinion, the worst thing a QB can do is turn the ball over and he was hoping Jones would  grow out of that but he started the season with a multi TO game. 

Ok but Sam has a stupid pick too and looked worse IMO, so, I don’t get it.  You be patient but in his case he right not to be because of 1 game into his 2nd season?  Makes no sense but cool 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is how I see it.  I hope JD knows he should build around Sam for the foreseeable future  Don't blow all of the draft capital we've accumulated to take another young kid who will have no team. Let the OL gel, allow Sam time to settle into the idea that his line is giving him time and he will get the ball out to the open guys or slide it into tight coverage as we know he can do. 

It's wy premature to give up on Sam. I'd like to see Greg Roman with Sam. Or Even Bienemy (who I'm not sold on but still) before I Give up. Jamar Chase or Devonta Smith are coming to town to run around with Mims next season. Let Sam play with those cats. 

I think that ship has sailed.

It seems clear to me JD has already moved on from Sam.  He’ll keep him around this year.  Draft a rookie next year and start Flaco (or some other stable vet) for a year.

In two years JD will have his offense built, a young QB with a year of learning the system while being on the bench and a team set up for a 4 year run.

That’s his plan! 

Question I have is can he execute it?

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

For three hears now, Darnold has gotten the benefit of every f*cking excuse in the book.    Sorry, but the kid looks awful.  

LOL so how bad would the situation have to be for them to not be excuses but REASONS? You have heard of reasons before, right? 

How about surrounding him with College players? Junior College? High Schoolers? JUNIOR high schoolers? How ******* bad does the talent around him have to be for it to stop being an EXCUSE but a REASON. 

Again, name me the AVERAGE starting NFL QB that was surrounded with worse or shut the **** up.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I would love to believe that is true because it would make things so much easier that way, but I'm beginning to think that Sam isn't the guy.

He just came off a 3 month quarantine with his hand-picked personal quarterback whisperer, getting more focus on football than any other time in his entire life.  He's in the same playbook running the same offense for the first time in three years.  Every single offensive position coach and coordinator returned to the team.  He just had 5 weeks of camp where he didn't get touched let alone hit.  Even with the injuries, he's got a better O now than he did at any time last year when the roster was made up of 3rd and 4th stringers.  And that performance in Buffalo was amateur hour, it was mistake after mistake, the kind of boneheaded things a high school JV quarterback would make.

There comes a time when it's not the coaching, it's the player.  If Sam could hit the side of a barn, we beat Buffalo last week.  He'd better show up tomorrow.  I'm done making excuses for him.

SAR I

Please tell me where these major skill position upgrades are because imo we are worse.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

So much for all that BS hype you posted the entire offseason about Darnold.

• Post of the Week 1

54 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Doesn't take an improved line to make dumb decisions on the field.  Like it or not, Darnold is a turnover machine.   It's what he is now and always will be in his short time in the NFL before he dons the baseball cap and holds the clipboard. 

Talk about not fitting a post to reality.

• Upvote 1

It's week 2, Darnold has all season to prove his worth. I'm not going to play the blame game. If he keeps showing more of the same it's time to move on, especially if we are bad enough to land a top QB in the draft.

If he progresses enough to warrant sticking with him, then we continue to build around him, but right now I don't see it. He has to show me more, regardless of who is around him.

#SoCalPuke

• Sympathy 1