What a Hard Core Giants Fan Told Me

More Cowbell

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

it's so funny... 

peopl defend and defend Sam...  but are completely silent when i post film of him doing the same sh*t in USC..

they are gobsmacked,,,,

and go back flapping the gums.... "poor Sam" "oh hes a sacrificial lamb"

Just turrbl 

8 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Wasn't tannehil a turnover machine and insert whatever critism you have of darnold ?

No, darnold is just a qb with no nfl quality coaching. If he left here he is awesome. Mariotta is terrible but tenn got some good game out of him, but the dude sucked. Darnold has never had really good game with gase. Never happened. Its coaching

Yeah because it’s unfathomable that Gase and Darnold both suck.

The thing is - if we really do end up with the top pick in the draft there is a decent probability Sam may have earned the boot.

It's the idea that we should deliberately pursue that which doesn't make sense to me and the tone of self satisfaction in those takes - as if restarting this again is a great idea everything else being equal - that's bizarre to me. 

He played poorly last week with little/no help. I sincerely hope he does enough in the next fifteen weeks to show he can be the guy, so we can focus on drafting someone like Chase and solidifying rather than tossing a roster...again.

5 hours ago, Snell41 said:

The video shows him staring right at him. He’s literally the only receiver on the side of the field he scrambled to. Not knowing he was there is probably an even worse indictment of Sam, but Sam clearly knew he was there and instead of throwing the ball to him, or at least throwing it away, he ran straight out of bounds for a loss. That’s chicken sh*t football and I have defended and rooted for this kid from day one but I have no defense for that play. It was every bit as bad as anything Geno had done as QB for us.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Ok, wait a second here. Geno? Are you freaking high? Geno threw 3 consecutive picks against the Bills, the last one going back for 6. Those were the only 3 passes he threw that game because Rex benched him after r he third. Nothing Sam has done so far is even close to that. 

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

I would love to believe that is true because it would make things so much easier that way, but I'm beginning to think that Sam isn't the guy.

He just came off a 3 month quarantine with his hand-picked personal quarterback whisperer, getting more focus on football than any other time in his entire life.  He's in the same playbook running the same offense for the first time in three years.  Every single offensive position coach and coordinator returned to the team.  He just had 5 weeks of camp where he didn't get touched let alone hit.  Even with the injuries, he's got a better O now than he did at any time last year when the roster was made up of 3rd and 4th stringers.  And that performance in Buffalo was amateur hour, it was mistake after mistake, the kind of boneheaded things a high school JV quarterback would make.

There comes a time when it's not the coaching, it's the player.  If Sam could hit the side of a barn, we beat Buffalo last week.  He'd better show up tomorrow.  I'm done making excuses for him.

SAR I

Dude he has probably the worst collection of "weapons" in the NFL, 5 new starters on what has been the worst Oline in NFL, and a clueless HC. There is no young QB on this planet that would be successful in that situation. 

• Upvote 1

If we ******* end up with a top 5 pick and stick with Darnold who hasn't improved since college, fire Douglas into the sun. Mechanics are still sh*t, he lost his arm strength, and still makes the same dumb decisions he was making in college. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, if we stick with this idiot, we'll be the dumber version of the Cardinals who knew that they needed to cut Rosen and draft Murray. But I'm sure Murray would have busted if he didn't end up in the great situation that is, the Arizona Cardinals, you know the same team that everyone sh*t on for ruining Rosen.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Dude he has probably the worst collection of "weapons" in the NFL, 5 new starters on what has been the worst Oline in NFL, and a clueless HC. There is no young QB on this planet that would be successful in that situation. 

Missing uncovered receivers, overthrowing open receivers, daydreaming in a TV timeout, running out of bounds instead of throwing the ball away, throwing over the middle of the field while moving towards the sidelines, these are Darnold issues and have nothing to do with the supporting cast.  This is high school JV stuff. 

SAR I

30 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

If we ******* end up with a top 5 pick and stick with Darnold who hasn't improved since college, fire Douglas into the sun. Mechanics are still sh*t, he lost his arm strength, and still makes the same dumb decisions he was making in college. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, if we stick with this idiot, we'll be the dumber version of the Cardinals who knew that they needed to cut Rosen and draft Murray. But I'm sure Murray would have busted if he didn't end up in the great situation that is, the Arizona Cardinals, you know the same team that everyone sh*t on for ruining Rosen.

The Cardinals hired an HC from college to try and work with Murray in a similar offense. 

It may or may not work, but it is not the same program that ruined Rosen, if he was not already ruined when he got there.  

But this is the difference-the Cardinals drafted Murray in 2019 and have been putting players around him ever since.  The Jets drafted Darnold the year prior and drafted an older DT right after drafting him.  

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is exactly what they have to do at the home to get the remote control back from @joewilly12

Sadly at your studio apartment at the all mens shared bathroom rooming house in Hell's Kitchen you cant afford cable TV or a remote. 

Only remote you own is for the buzzing thing you found in the trash and shoved up your anus for pleasure. 

old-school-tv..png

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

The Giants rumor I took note of was posted by a fan... here I think?

Saquon is NOT happy with the Giants at all.

Sometimes fans truly do get inside info, in this case if I recall, it was directly from Barkley's little brother. 

Saquon needs to learn how to pass block 

This is the NY market.  It's inevitable people are gonna try to run Sam out of town 1-2 years early.

Build around Darnold for another 3 years with all these picks and get a real coach here.  He's fixable.  They are looking at 3 picks in the top 40 in the upcoming draft, allowing them to address pass rush, WR, and CB.  Then 2 more 1st rounders the next year.  That's a lot of holes that can be filled.  This will likely be a better team in 3 years.  Build around Sam, he's fixable.

13 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Was at Rosh Hashanah dinner last night with my family who are all Giants fans.

I asked my brother do you think the Jets should tank for Lawrence. He started to crack up. His answer was, boy, you Jets fans must really love being miserable.  Do you actually want to see Darnold become a good QB for another team the same way Miami is looking at Tanny? The guy is realistically  playing his second season after having mono last season and your WR all suck. Who is supposed to make a play for him? I mean the Giants WR's aren't  that good either but at least Shepard makes plays every once in a while and we can throw to Barkley. 

I explained to him that after the last game, Sam might not be the guy. To that he said, please trade him to the Giants.  We would take him in a heart beat over Mr turnover. 

This is from my brother who has relentlessly  teased me about being Jets fan.

wtf is this

shana tova uncle remus

19 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

What ******* planet are you on? Sanchez had the BEST offensive line in football and Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes and Dustin Keller to throw to. Please stop it, you're embarrassing your troll ass.

Dustin Keller is being over rated here.

9 hours ago, ryu79 said:

The thing is - if we really do end up with the top pick in the draft there is a decent probability Sam may have earned the boot.

It's the idea that we should deliberately pursue that which doesn't make sense to me and the tone of self satisfaction in those takes - as if restarting this again is a great idea everything else being equal - that's bizarre to me. 

He played poorly last week with little/no help. I sincerely hope he does enough in the next fifteen weeks to show he can be the guy, so we can focus on drafting someone like Chase and solidifying rather than tossing a roster...again.

Problem is its NOT just one week ... i saw these same problems when he played for USC ... i hope the light goes on this year ... but if we end the season in the pitch black ... as we are now ... Trevor cannot get here soon enough.

Sam has the ability ... he needs to step up NOW.

eyes dark GIF by marko

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Dustin Keller is being over rated here.

In 2011 he had 815 receiving yards, was the fifth leading receiving TE in the NFL and his catch percentage in 2009, 2010 and 2011 lined up perfectly with Sanchez' horrible completion percentage and his ypc lined up with Sanchez' ypc perfectly. In 2011 he had as many 20+ yard catches as Aaron Hernandez and more than Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Pierre Garcon etc. I think he's being rated where he should be rated as a VERY good third option. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Warfish said:

So much for all that BS hype you posted the entire offseason about Darnold.

I’m gonna defend SAR here. It’s Darnolds 3rd year, 2nd in the same system. It doesn’t matter who was out there last Sunday because in the first 3 series he missed open WRs & failed to get a new set of downs & get into any kind of rhythm. That allowed Buffalo to control the clock & for Allen to grow his confidence. 
Jet fans expected more. All we heard in the offseason was how hard Sam was working with Palmer. 
Sorry if Jet fans expect their franchise QB to complete an out. He came out cold as ice, maybe he needs to get a new pregame routine like Drew Brees goes through. Whatever he’s doing isn’t working & he looks stiff, scared & totally lacking confidence. 
I expect to see him to play better today. 

It stands to reason that Darnold will be better today. He's aware of how poor his performance was last weekend. If he takes pride in his job, he'll want to play better. However, the fact is the supporting cast put together by Joe Douglas was terrible. Anyone in their right mind should be questioning just how good that supporting cast is? Besides, Mekhi Becton, Maye, and a few others the entire team played like sh*t. Losing Crowder from an already depleted WR group really hurts. Chris Herndon is not becoming the kind of weapon we thought he could. Ryan Griffin had no involvement whatsoever in last weeks game. It'll be interesting to see if Darnold can make due with what he's got...

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

I’m gonna defend SAR here. It’s Darnolds 3rd year, 2nd in the same system. It doesn’t matter who was out there last Sunday because in the first 3 series he missed open WRs & failed to get a new set of downs & get into any kind of rhythm. That allowed Buffalo to control the clock & for Allen to grow his confidence. 
Jet fans expected more. All we heard in the offseason was how hard Sam was working with Palmer. 
Sorry if Jet fans expect their franchise QB to complete an out. He came out cold as ice, maybe he needs to get a new pregame routine like Drew Brees goes through. Whatever he’s doing isn’t working & he looks stiff, scared & totally lacking confidence. 
I expect to see him to play better today. 

And if he doesn't, we officially commence the #TankForTrevor2020 campaign. 

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

So his defense for not giving up on darnold too soon was that he is better than the qb who the giants fans are losing faith in over a shorter period?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

A lot of this comes from way too many football shows, Sirius Radio, Jet Nation, Social media, it’s 24/7. Scrutinizing every single play is what it’s become in sports. 
Mike Greenburg is a total whiner. None of us really know what not having a preseason was going to look like. It’s not shocking that a team that had very little turnover (Bills), wiped the floor with a team that had the most turnover (Jets). 

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Missing uncovered receivers, overthrowing open receivers, daydreaming in a TV timeout, running out of bounds instead of throwing the ball away, throwing over the middle of the field while moving towards the sidelines, these are Darnold issues and have nothing to do with the supporting cast.  This is high school JV stuff. 

SAR I

Throwing ball away? He had a receiver wide open on the sideline that broke towards the end zone as he scrambled, if we were thinking about the same play 

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah, he was invisible last season.

Suspended based solely on his own stupidity, then hurt for a good portion of the season, by the time he got back from them the season was almost over. People were expecting MUCH more from him.

20 minutes ago, jetswin said:

I was reading about the Jets famous 51-45 shootout with Miami earlier this week, 34 years ago. 1986 if im correct was O'Brien's third season, he was throwing to Wesley Walker, Al Toon, and Mickey Shuler.  I wonder what Darnold could accomplish with something similar. 

Kenny O was also saddled with a bad OL. He got the sh*t beat out of him. 

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I'm not denying he had a bad game. He certainly did. I'm talking about his entire time here. I don't think there is anybody who could have been successful in the same situation. 

13 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Absolutely nothing. 
Neither one of us want to give up on Sam but he’s gotta make his mark & become a leader the next 15 games, win or lose. 
Year 3 he’s now on the clock. 

Here is the thing, Sam is either going to be a franchise QB or not. Here is the point, if we give up on him after this year, we have another 2-3 years minimal rebuild. If we chalk this year up to Gase or lack of talent we can replace Gase and/or spend the draft capital and a few FA acquisitions improving the team around Darnold.

Next year should be a full practice year and hopefully normal OTAs. How do we want to spend our capital.

Replacing Gase - may not set back the team at all. We can apply our picks to receivers, or OL, or pass rusher, or whatever.

Replacing Darnold - we give up at least 1 1st. and the QB is going to have to come in, learn the NFL, and get no supporting cast. Then 3 years later, repeat, ..

Lets give Darold benefit of doubt and assume it is lack of weapons, an OL that is weak and needs to gel, and coaching. All likely possibilities if not factors. If we spend the next 2 years improving the team and Darnold doesn't make the leap, we can spend the capital on a new QB who will hopefully come into the team supported by more talent than we have now.