• Footgate
    • Buttfumble
    • Fireman Ed quits
    • Tripgate
    • Geno sucker punch
    • Bowles sucking
    • Gase sucking
    • Other

The toughest at the moment was the 1986 divisional round, just the way they lost.  Looking back we probably don't beat Denver and if we did the Giants would have killed us so it makes it less painful.

The 2 toughest losses were at Denver 1998 AFC Championship Game because we likely win the super bowl if we hold on in that game (though it wouldn't have been as easy as many think) and at Pittsburgh.  I think we were better than Pitt and just weren't ready to play in that first half.  What makes this list so much worse is where we are today, the franchise really never recovered from that loss.

• Upvote 1

04 seasons divisional against Pittsburgh.  Had an event couldn’t miss and made it the whole night without hearing the score....besides that the jets were up by 7 in the 4th.  Made it out to the car and the last possible person said ”sorry about your jets”.  Instantly went  from completely hyped to completely deflated...back when I was completely obsessed and way too emotionally invested.  Then hearing on the radio how they lost....... ?

3 minutes ago, slats said:

Lol, you’re hilarious. The Jets suck again, so let’s talk about how they’ve always sucked. 

The AFCCGs are all the worst, collectively, but the Mud Bowl has to be my personal #1. 

Good call...Mud Bowl is right up there. Shula neutered us and our game, that mother****er. 

• Upvote 4

To me, personal worst moment was the AFCCG in Pittsburgh.  8 hour drive to Pitt to see my team (hopefully) win a championship.  And then to no show in the first half.  Defense couldn't get off the field, offense couldn't generate anything until after we were down 24.  The game was bad.  The bus ride back to the hotel on a bus full of Steeler fans was awful.  And then, the long drive home the next morning.  Just brutal all around.

Went to Indy the year before, but that was nowhere near as bad as Pitt.  I knew we were a longshot in Indy that year, even with the lead at halftime, never convinced myself that we had a good shot.  But going into Pittsburgh, I thought we were better and had a real good chance to win.  And then to be down 24-0.  Awful.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

For me it was the Buttfumble, but only for the situation surrounding the evening. 

I was watching the game, gearing up for a night of Black Friday drinking and shenanigans, and got hit with food poisoning from some pub food I ate the night before. 

So I'm yaking my guts up while heaved over the toilet at the same time the Sanchise is yaking up his career on national television.

After midnight I still manned up and downed several beers and went out with everyone.

Fun times. 

...Almost died the next day though. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, shevys said:

1979. It was a halftime show and one of the planes didn't quite follow the flight plan. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/27/a-drone-once-killed-a-fan-at-an-nfl-game/

That is horrific.  Unconscionably bad!

Somewhat along the same lines...

https://deadspin.com/the-kid-who-didnt-die-at-riverfront-stadium-1796882505

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, PS17 said:

The 2010 AFCCG against the Steelers shattered me. I was an optimistic 17 year old fan. Haven’t cared half as much since. We also have been a terrible team since.

I would murder to be 27 again, so you have that going for you. So, so, so much young hot, yoga pant swaddled pu....

• Upvote 2

OkI will never forget how humiliated I felt in front of my entire family after talking the Jets up all day.

We were watching the game downstairs in my man cave by the bar and the fireplace. My entire family including my mother got up and left and went upstairs. One of my kids actually patted me on my head as I was curled up like a water bug in the fetal position shaking.

That was the most painful letdown I've ever felt watching a Jet game.

EDIT: read further down about the puking incident when I had food poisoning and a hotel room in Upstate New York!

Screenshot_20200923-191911.png

• Upvote 1

December 24th 2000 - Week 17 - Jets @ Ravens - deserves mention on that list.

Win an in. Up 14-0 and the walls caved in. Pick 6 and TWO punt returns for touchdowns.

Christmas was cancelled.

Worse for me, I was in Baltimore and at the game with my inlaws form Maryland.

It was a dark time.

Also not mentioned: 81 Wild Card vs Buffalo at Shea and the Mud Bowl the following year in Miamil.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1