• Fireman Ed quits
    • Tripgate
    • Geno sucker punch
    • Bowles sucking
    • Gase sucking
    • Other

On 9/23/2020 at 6:59 PM, Irish Jet said:

How has Doug Brien avoided the list?

Who's more to blame?  Brien or Herm's brilliant idea to take a knee three downs in a row and lose yardage making the 2nd kick longer.  Also, dont forget on one series LaMont Jordan was eating up chunks of yardage and then Herm flipped out on poor Jimmy Raye for putting LaMont into the game.

• Upvote 2

There have been dozens of heartbreaking losses over the years, but if we are talking about one defining play - it has to be Richard Todd's horrible pass into the endzone to end the 1981 AFC Championship game.  Buffalo streaked out to a 24-0 lead, but we gradually chipped away and it was 31-27 with seconds to go and Todd throws it directly into the arms of a Bill to end the game and season.  That was our best team post 1969 - that was the year of the sack exchange.  We were at full strength and a legit Super Bowl contender and Todd did a Todd.

The fake spike was embarrassing but hardly defining.   Immature Pete Carrol with the choke sign on the sideline fired up the Fins.  The defining moment came when all we had to do was run out the clock but Boomer decides to throw a bomb into double coverage to the all-time Jet scrub Stevie Anderson and of course it got picked off which afforded Marino the opportunity.

12 hours ago, jetophile said:

No kidding, only to blow pineapple chunks vs. Denver in the AFC Championship Game. What's your point, you trying to be right about something when I wasn't wrong about something else?

Trying?  It's silly to say that was one of the worst losses in Jets history but you do you.

On 9/24/2020 at 8:45 AM, kelly said:

" Personal worst Jets moment "..

...so far/to date ;

2012 NFL draft - we could have selected  russell wilson  in the 1st or 2nd round.  

seattle picked him in the 3rd   :ahhh:

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

just an fyi..

~ ~  Brady Henderson  ESPN 

Russell Wilson's 1-yard touchdown pass to Jacob Hollister gives him four TD passes for the game and 13 for the season. That ties the record Patrick Mahomes set in 2018 for the most in NFL history through a team's first three games. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Wilson becomes the fifth player in NFL history to throw at least four TD passes in three straight games, joining Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Mahomes and Drew Brees. 

1 hour ago, kelly said:

just an fyi..

~ ~  Brady Henderson  ESPN 

Russell Wilson's 1-yard touchdown pass to Jacob Hollister gives him four TD passes for the game and 13 for the season. That ties the record Patrick Mahomes set in 2018 for the most in NFL history through a team's first three games. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Wilson becomes the fifth player in NFL history to throw at least four TD passes in three straight games, joining Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Mahomes and Drew Brees. 

Too short! Do not want! 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

AJ Muther LOVING DUHE!

u remember that DURING that game , b4 the 1st score, Gastineau drilled their RB and he fumbled as he was going backwards from the hit tackle...we recovered and they ruled the RBs forward progress was stopped b4 he fumble...   

so glad they Riggo'd in the SB, the ****ers

• Upvote 2

On 9/24/2020 at 10:00 PM, deucebag said:

There have been dozens of heartbreaking losses over the years, but if we are talking about one defining play - it has to be Richard Todd's horrible pass into the endzone to end the 1981 AFC Championship game.  Buffalo streaked out to a 24-0 lead, but we gradually chipped away and it was 31-27 with seconds to go and Todd throws it directly into the arms of a Bill to end the game and season.  That was our best team post 1969 - that was the year of the sack exchange.  We were at full strength and a legit Super Bowl contender and Todd did a Todd.

The fake spike was embarrassing but hardly defining.   Immature Pete Carrol with the choke sign on the sideline fired up the Fins.  The defining moment came when all we had to do was run out the clock but Boomer decides to throw a bomb into double coverage to the all-time Jet scrub Stevie Anderson and of course it got picked off which afforded Marino the opportunity.

I remember that like yesterday and yes it was tough but not a top 3 for me.  I was in college in Buffalo at the time and had to face those arse holes when we got back.  believe that was 2 days before Christmas. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/23/2020 at 6:45 PM, Losmeister said:

Pats fan killed by flying lawnmower....  was at the game....  sad sh*t...   only the Jets

Wow, yeah.  If I could change my vote...  Someone signed off on allowing a remote controlled lawnmower fly around a stadium full of tens of thousands of people seated in neat little rows in a huge oval stadium.  Someone said, "sure!  That's an awesome idea!"  WTF, Jets.

4 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Wow, yeah.  If I could change my vote...  Someone signed off on allowing a remote controlled lawnmower fly around a stadium full of tens of thousands of people seated in neat little rows in a huge oval stadium.  Someone said, "sure!  That's an awesome idea!"  WTF, Jets.

you said almots exactly what my father did thatday...

13 hours ago, chirorob said:

The worst moment was Dennis Byrd getting paralyzed.

I don't see how anyone who saw that play could think anything else the Jets have ever done compares to that.

Certainly a tragedy but that wasn’t the fault of the organization.  It was a fluke injury.

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Certainly a tragedy but that wasn’t the fault of the organization.  It was a fluke injury.

No one's fault, but that's the worst thing in the Jets history as far as I'm concerned.

As far as the organization, I'd go O'Brien over Marino.

15 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I remember that like yesterday and yes it was tough but not a top 3 for me.  I was in college in Buffalo at the time and had to face those arse holes when we got back.  believe that was 2 days before Christmas. 

Was 2 days after, the 27th, my birthday. Was there, our 2nd year of tix. Bruce Harper fumbled the opening KO, and Bills ran it in. Was 7-0 before we even opened the first beer. The play before that last int, Gaffney was wide open in the end zone, jumping up and down, waving his arms. For the next 39 years, the Jets have been giving me similar presents on my birthday.?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, section314 said:

Was 2 days after, the 27th, my birthday. Was there, our 2nd year of tix. Bruce Harper fumbled the opening KO, and Bills ran it in. Was 7-0 before we even opened the first beer. The play before that last int, Gaffney was wide open in the end zone, jumping up and down, waving his arms. For the next 39 years, the Jets have been giving me similar presents on my birthday.?

2 days before my 25th birthday the Jets won Supe 3 plus I had 10-1 odds from people where I worked at Gruman aircraft, no points Jets had to win I had 1,000 out in bets and I bought a Vette with some of my winnings..:beer:

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

On 9/24/2020 at 9:34 AM, 56mehl56 said:

Another bad one for me was the Blair Thomas fumble against the Bears on MNF in 91.  Up 13-6 with a little over a minute left, Bears tied the game and won in OT . Punched a hole in our living room wall that day , wasn't married at the time but my GF  didn't talk to me for about a week which in hindsight was probably a good thing , we broke up about a year later. Ended up marrying my current wife 4 years later in 95. 

My wall suffered that day also.

They had the ball and could have killed off all but 20 seconds of the clock and punting, but they gave the ball to Blah Thomas who promptly coughed it up. Leahy also missed an easy FG in ot. That was the end of Coslet for me.

22 hours ago, chirorob said:

The worst moment was Dennis Byrd getting paralyzed.

I don't see how anyone who saw that play could think anything else the Jets have ever done compares to that.

Man, I'd forgotten about that. Really awful.  After that, I'd agree the Mudbowl.  The helplessness of knowing you've been robbed.

• Upvote 1

On 9/24/2020 at 10:00 PM, deucebag said:

That was my first game as a Jet fan. I should have known.

7 hours ago, section314 said:

I knew it,  I was home for X-mas ... but smoked a bit of weed in those days. :)

Yes we get screwed almost every year by the Jets.

• Sympathy 1