Sam Darnold is a bust

JustInFudge

2 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Again, it was expected (at the time) that he would build on his rookie season. It never happened. No longer worth debating. Time to move on

as it always has been the argument that people make

" he will only get better"

is the ecxeption, not the rule

(not just Sam, but young players in general...i believe sonone said they thought Herndon would be a top 5 TE this year...

based on him performing like an AVG NFL TE for a few games in his rookie year)

for SOME players getting better happens...   its not all THAT common

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

One thing is for certain, Darnold winning on the Jets is not happening. Two head coaches and 11 wins in three seasons. In a perfect situation he can probably be a salvageable QB for a new team. I don't want a salvageable at best QB. I want a QB who can read a defense and know when to throw the ball away. I'm done with the excuses of his surrounding cast. You know what, he is part of the surrounding cast to other players. 

If it's a "perfect situation" then who the hell needs him?

I remember hearing this stuff month after month with the overpaid, overpraised, and overvalued Pennington -- whom I might add was a 1st ballot HOFer compared to Darnold.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

8 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

He has been completely broken down the last 2 years. Any progress he was making at the end of year 1 is gone.

He may b able to resurrect his career somewhere else, but it's over here. Very disappointing. It's time to move on

Long odds he becomes a player elsewhere. He’s lost out there. Doesn’t have it upstairs.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Still believe Sam has, or at least had, talent.  Gase and this hot dysfunctional mess of an organization destroyed him

Yea you and others like yourself will die on that hill until Darnolds bounced around the league and then out of it. Then people like you and Keyshawn Johnson will just use the “he was broken at his first stop” while forgetting most of you was calling him the next Ryan Tann. 

It’s like most of you forgot that maybe it’s bad coaching AND QB play is why the Jets are where they are, the two can coexist ya know? ?‍♂️

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Leave Sam alone! He just needs weapons and to have a few more birthdays! He was the youngest starting QB ever and he has been trained by the great Jordan Palmer who did wonders for superstar QBs like Hackenberg. 

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that Darnold's 3 TDs vs 8 INTs in 7 games are caused by fans and nothing else.  The kid is supremely  talented and has suffered from the incessant harping from Jet fans.  It's true.

I'm tellin' ya, all the negative vibes being sent by so called Jet fans on these fan sites are the only problem he has.  He's a sensitive kid and if the avalanche of criticism here and other places on the internet would disappear so would Darnold's poor play.  The only reason for him losing all the games in three years, inability to read NFL defenses well, panicking from even mild pressure by the defense, making tons of bone-headed INTs, and not having the ability to see open receivers in the clear or throw the ball deep consistently are message board fans and the media.   

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Yea you and others like yourself will die on that hill until Darnolds bounced around the league and then out of it. Then people like you and Keyshawn Johnson will just use the “he was broken at his first stop” while forgetting most of you was calling him the next Ryan Tann. 

It’s like most of you forgot that maybe it’s bad coaching AND QB play is why the Jets are where they are, the two can coexist ya know? ?‍♂️

It's fun to say, he'll be the next Tannehill but Tannehill was never ever this bad.   There was something there to believe in at least with Tannehill, Sam has always just been glimmers of hope mixed in with worst QB in the NFL. 

My biggest takeaway from this experience and following the draft/league; expert analysts, dont know their ass from their elbow.  These guys are full of sh*t and legit dont have a clue.  I saw a thingy that McShay had Darnold as his 4th best prospect since Luck siting his insanely high Football IQ for the rationale and then you watch him play Football and he's a total ******* bonehead.  You've heard Orvolosky say he'd take Darnold over anyone other than Mahomes.  lol

Finding a QB is hard, I get it but one thing is for certain, the "experts" dont know sh*t about sh*t.  This is why I laugh at the "generational" stuff when it comes to TL, what on earth is he doing different than any other QB that makes him generational?   That's not to say you pass on TL but would it really be shocking if he doesnt end up the best QB in the class?  It pretty much plays out that way every year.  All the best QB's in the league, were taken after another QB; Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, Rodgers, Allen, etc, etc, etc.  The #1 overall's in the league?  Goff, Winston, Burrow, Murrary, Stafford, Mayfield - it's the meh of the meh.  

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's fun to say, he'll be the next Tannehill but Tannehill was never ever this bad.   There was something there to believe in at least with Tannehill, Sam has always just been glimmers of hope mixed in with worst QB in the NFL. 

My biggest takeaway from this experience and following the draft/league; expert analysts, dont know their ass from their elbow.  These guys are full of sh*t and legit dont have a clue.  I saw a thingy that McShay had Darnold as his 4th best prospect since Luck siting his insanely high Football IQ for the rationale and then you watch him play Football and he's a total ******* bonehead.  You've heard Orvolosky say he'd take Darnold over anyone other than Mahomes.  lol

Finding a QB is hard, I get it but one thing is for certain, the "experts" dont know sh*t about sh*t.  This is why I laugh at the "generational" stuff when it comes to TL, what on earth is he doing different than any other QB that makes him generational?   That's not to say you pass on TL but would it really be shocking if he doesnt end up the best QB in the class?  It pretty much plays out that way every year.  All the best QB's in the league, were taken after another QB; Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, Rodgers, Allen, etc, etc, etc.  The #1 overall's in the league?  Goff, Winston, Burrow, Murrary, Stafford, Mayfield - it's the meh of the meh.  

Herbert's going to be on that first list now too.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Still believe Sam has, or at least had, talent.  Gase and this hot dysfunctional mess of an organization destroyed him

Every NFL player has talent. But consistency is king.

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

So obvious now but at the time almost everyone was in the “Tannehill sucks train.”

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

I always thought he was underrated...but I know Dolphins fans hated him...

I remember he was a dbag to a practice squad player who picked him off a couple times in training camp. Maybe that’s part of it. But to your point, there was a lot more cause for optimism for Tannehill before he went to TENN than there reasonably could be for Darnold at his next stop.

On 11/30/2020 at 5:09 AM, munchmemory said:

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that Darnold's 3 TDs vs 8 INTs in 7 games are caused by fans and nothing else.  The kid is supremely  talented and has suffered from the incessant harping from Jet fans.  It's true.

I'm tellin' ya, all the negative vibes being sent by so called Jet fans on these fan sites are the only problem he has.  He's a sensitive kid and if the avalanche of criticism here and other places on the internet would disappear so would Darnold's poor play.  The only reason for him losing all the games in three years, inability to read NFL defenses well, panicking from even mild pressure by the defense, making tons of bone-headed INTs, and not having the ability to see open receivers in the clear or throw the ball deep consistently are message board fans and the media.   

sam is thevictimofmassive dumps

big baby GIF

On 11/29/2020 at 10:51 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

If it's a "perfect situation" then who the hell needs him?

I remember hearing this stuff month after month with the overpaid, overpraised, and overvalued Pennington -- whom I might add was a 1st ballot HOFer compared to Darnold.

Flacco is past his expiration date and no world beater but with mostly the same cast he looked like a competent NFL QB vs. the Pats. As to the 3 WRs being healthy, Darnold did nothing with them vs. the Dolphins other than miss or not even bother to find them when they were open.  These last few weeks  exposed him completely. Team talent-wise may be from hunger but a pro QB could make some noise as Flacco did. Darnold cannot do that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Darnolds rookie year against the Vikings when it was like 45 degrees at MetLife and he looked like he’d rather be anywhere else was the telltale sign he wasn’t the guy. Jets fans need to call these things out earlier instead of being homers. Darnold has always stink.

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Flacco is past his expiration date and no world beater but with mostly the same cast he looked like a competent NFL QB vs. the Pats. As to the 3 WRs being healthy, Darnold did nothing with them vs. the Dolphins other than miss or not even bother to find them when they were open.  These last few weeks  exposed him completely. Team talent-wise may be from hunger but a pro QB could make some noise as Flacco did. Darnold cannot do that. 

Yeah it's a real bummer. Was exciting at least for the rest of April, until he threw a pick on his first pass attempt, that the law of averages finally threw some good fortune our way.

Turns out even when we luck into the past half-decade's "it" QB prospect, we get one with an s-h prefix. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I saw nothing in this game that changes my opinion on Sammy. He's been stuck on a sh*t team, with a sh*t surrounding cast, and sh*t coaching. Sammy's decline in my opinion is the Jets fault. 

I continue to think the wise choice for the Jets is to hold on to Sammy and put him in a straight up QB competition next training camp. Give Sammy a tryout with a COMPETENT surrounding cast. The Jets have NOT done that up to date.

2 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I saw nothing in this game that my opinion on Sammy. He's been stuck on a sh*t team, with a sh*t surrounding cast, and sh*t coaching. Sammy's decline in my opinion is the Jets fault. 

I continue to think the wise choice for the Jets is to hold on to Sammy and put him in a straight up QB competition next training camp. Give Sammy a tryout with a COMPETENT surrounding cast. The Jets have NOT done that up to date.

Damn if only Sam had the support of 200 rushing yards, one of the best slot receivers in the game and 2 fast receivers over 6’3”

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1