Sam Darnold is a bust

JustInFudge

Sam Darnold is more concerned about his hair than his performance on the football field.  He has set this  franchise back 3 years and has been paid millions to do it.   He is not to be trusted  as a leader and or a QB of an NFL team.  He continues to make the same mistakes and claims he will clean it up after he reviews the tape.  This goes on week after week after week.  He is not the Golden Child that he has been portrayed to be.  Let some other team deal with him, because alot of the Jet fan base has had enough.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, GothamLurker said:

I say he is not a bust, as much as a project that did not pan out because he went #3.

He is a failed project imo.

RG3-ish.

RG3 was great at one point though..........

Sam would be solid on a team like SF, were he is like, the 6th best player on the field. Expecting him to be "The guy" aint gonna cut it......

I do think he has a decent run, and career after this. Sam is not a top 15 QB, that can takeover games. he is more Alex Smith like, just with more picks.....

You don't trade up to draft projects at 3.  

F**king Macc.  

• 8 months later...
On 9/27/2020 at 6:45 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

I think we should give Darnold a chance in a better situation before giving up on him. I am someone who typically gives up on QBs quickly. I have my doubts on Darnold but he definitely has the physical gifts to be a successful NFL qb and he's been in the absolute worst situation imaginable.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

On 1/3/2021 at 4:17 PM, GothamLurker said:

I say he is not a bust, as much as a project that did not pan out because he went #3.

He is a failed project imo.

RG3-ish.

RG3 was great at one point though..........

Sam would be solid on a team like SF, were he is like, the 6th best player on the field. Expecting him to be "The guy" aint gonna cut it......

I do think he has a decent run, and career after this. Sam is not a top 15 QB, that can takeover games. he is more Alex Smith like, just with more picks.....

Computer Kid Thumbs Up GIF by Captain Obvious

On 1/3/2021 at 5:44 PM, NamathToCaster said:

Sam Darnold is more concerned about his hair than his performance on the football field.  He has set this  franchise back 3 years and has been paid millions to do it.   He is not to be trusted  as a leader and or a QB of an NFL team.  He continues to make the same mistakes and claims he will clean it up after he reviews the tape.  This goes on week after week after week.  He is not the Golden Child that he has been portrayed to be.  Let some other team deal with him, because alot of the Jet fan base has had enough.

Love finding these old takes....

lol

• Haha 1

He is playing pretty well exactly ho a rational person would expect.

He showed here he is not going to be a high end franchise QB but he flashed enough to suggest he might do okay with a better supporting cast.

No one could have succeeded with the dreadful combination of things faced by a new Qb here.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

5 fumbles in 3 games. It’ll catch up.

The Darnold haters will never give up. Pretty Boy was worse last week than any game Darnold played in three years here, yet people on this board have already ordered his gold jacket.

It's all about the quarterback, they say. I thought a good quarterback elevated the team around him? Darnold should have been a star in spite of having, at best, one NFL-caliber receiver, the worst O-line in the NFL, tight ends who couldn't catch a ball if you handed it to them, a number 1 running back who qualified for Social Security, and the worst head coach/OC in the history of the league. But it was always on Darnold to "elevate" the crap around him.

Look what happened to Mahomes in last year's super bowl when he had to play behind a patchwork O-line. He was running for his life the whole game. Look what happened to Aaron Rogers against New Orleans a couple of weeks ago. It is NEVER just the quarterback. A good quarterback on a bad team is never going to win. A quarterback needs some talent around him to succeed.

And the damage inflicted on Darnold by Gase will take time to fix.

Try watching last night's game objectively. Except for the bomb he overthrew by just one or two yards he was spot-on. Take away 2 or 3 drops that should have been easy receptions and he would have had a 75% completion ratio. Not to mention 2 rushing touchdowns and 2 quarterback sneaks for first downs.

I am a Jet fan for life and will support Zach as long as he is our quarterback but Darnold haters need to drop it. He is a good quarterback that was put in a no-win situation.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, viffer said:

The Darnold haters will never give up. Pretty Boy was worse last week than any game Darnold played in three years here, yet people on this board have already ordered his gold jacket.

It's all about the quarterback, they say. I thought a good quarterback elevated the team around him? Darnold should have been a star in spite of having, at best, one NFL-caliber receiver, the worst O-line in the NFL, tight ends who couldn't catch a ball if you handed it to them, a number 1 running back who qualified for Social Security, and the worst head coach/OC in the history of the league. But it was always on Darnold to "elevate" the crap around him.

Look what happened to Mahomes in last year's super bowl when he had to play behind a patchwork O-line. He was running for his life the whole game. Look what happened to Aaron Rogers against New Orleans a couple of weeks ago. It is NEVER just the quarterback. A good quarterback on a bad team is never going to win. A quarterback needs some talent around him to succeed.

And the damage inflicted on Darnold by Gase will take time to fix.

Try watching last night's game objectively. Except for the bomb he overthrew by just one or two yards he was spot-on. Take away 2 or 3 drops that should have been easy receptions and he would have had a 75% completion ratio. Not to mention 2 rushing touchdowns and 2 quarterback sneaks for first downs.

I am a Jet fan for life and will support Zach as long as he is our quarterback but Darnold haters need to drop it. He is a good quarterback that was put in a no-win situation.

Worse than Darnold’s worse game? You sure about that? 

Darnold has been bad in the red zone all season. There’s a reason for that. He threw almost entirely into huge open windows and in the red zone accuracy and processing matters. 5 fumbles with only 1 lost… that’s a dangerous game and one that tends to balance itself out.

• Upvote 1

On 9/24/2021 at 11:08 AM, JiFapono said:

I feel solace in the fact that I decided in the offseason my preference was to trade down for a kings ransom and give Darnold another shot with real coaching.

Counter point; Lil Mikey is an F'ing disaster. 

I felt like we should trade down for a ransom, trade Darnold for as much as we could get and draft either Trask, Mund or Mills who all have the potential to be as good as either Darnold or Zach.  

I might add I did buy into Zach.  I also bought into Lam Jones, Blair Thomas, Johny Mitchell, Dwayne Robertson, Gholston, Milner, Coples, etc., etc., etc.

Please Jets, win a game so that the Sam Darnold love fest, which, btw, will probably get you a case of Mono, ends.

He's played one notable game. The others were against non-existent offenses. He's not a young Tom Brady. He just had an easy schedule.

btw, where's the Jets "easy" schedule? wtf?

54 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Please Jets, win a game so that the Sam Darnold love fest, which, btw, will probably get you a case of Mono, ends.

He's played one notable game. The others were against non-existent offenses. He's not a young Tom Brady. He just had an easy schedule.

btw, where's the Jets "easy" schedule? wtf?

We basically got blown out at home by a mediocre to bad patriots team with Mac Jones who looks like Case Keenum’s less talented clone