Could Joe Cool be the next Vinny T?

GreekJet

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

No, but we also don't want that anyway. 

We don't want another Vinny or Fitzpatrick scenario - A veteran who has an overachieving, flash in the pan season.  

For once, we need to have sustained success with a young QB and build a team that can compete year in and year out. 

We do, but I fear that we have squandered Darnold, like Sanchez, Geno and even Bridgewater were squandered, and now the coaches fighting for employment here or elsewhere will try and use the veteran to avoid us picking top 3 again, which is actually where the QBs usually are found.

Its JD's fault for signing Flacco.  Signing Flacco is actually counter evidence to thinking that the Jets were completely tanking this season prior to its start.  The thought was that Flacco could fill in credibly for Darnold to keep alive a decent season.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Obviously a lot of youngins on this board who don’t remember Vinny T and how much the fan base internalized with him. 

The same fanbase that loves losers like Chad Pennington, Rex Ryan, Al Toon, Wayne Chrebet, Rusty Staub, and Mike Piazza.  All you need is a cute face, a local backstory, or be Italian and they love you.  

Testaverde was a one-season wonder and playoff choker, we wasted 4 seasons on this bum, ruined the shot we had with a Hall Of Fame head coach.  Oh, but he’s from Long Island and won a single playoff game, so it’s love love love for the loser.  Unbelievable. 

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The same fanbase that loves losers like Chad Pennington, Rex Ryan, Rusty Staub, and Mike Piazza.  All you need is a cute face, a local backstory, or be Italian and they love you.  

Testaverde was a one-season wonder and playoff choker, we wasted 4 seasons on this bum, ruined the shot we had with a Hall Of Fame head coach.  Oh, but he’s from Long Island and won a single playoff game, so it’s love love love for the loser.  Unbelievable. 

SAR I

My face is chubby but cute. I was born  in the Bronx. I’m Italian and expect to be loved. Thanks friend 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The same fanbase that loves losers like Chad Pennington, Rex Ryan, Al Toon, Wayne Chrebet, Rusty Staub, and Mike Piazza.  All you need is a cute face, a local backstory, or be Italian and they love you.  

SAR I

I don’t think you should classify toon or chrebet as losers. Both of those guys were exceptionally good at their positions. The team didn’t lose because of a lack of effort from either of them.

• Upvote 2

SAR I, You need to check yourself! This is my first post & just for you!! Mike Piazza a HOFamer, drafted in like the 58th round, Wayne Chrebet an Undrated Free Agent, Rusty Staub, fringe hall of famer, community angel for the FDNY Widows, NYPD & feeding the hungry.Al Toon, who suffered 1 too may concussions as did Chrebet.I am now convinced you either enjoy inciting the masses, get paid to drive up the traffic/posts! Maybe one of these days if & when you look at yourself in the mirror, glass will come raining down ,please stand back, stay safe!! Been a Jet Fan since 1968, watched Superbowl 3, even throughout all this misery I haven't lost my soul, how about you???

• Post of the Week 3

1 hour ago, Laine Hardcastle said:

SAR I, You need to check yourself! This is my first post & just for you!! Mike Piazza a HOFamer, drafted in like the 58th round, Wayne Chrebet an Undrated Free Agent, Rusty Staub, fringe hall of famer, community angel for the FDNY Widows, NYPD & feeding the hungry.Al Toon, who suffered 1 too may concussions as did Chrebet.I am now convinced you either enjoy inciting the masses, get paid to drive up the traffic/posts! Maybe one of these days if & when you look at yourself in the mirror, glass will come raining down ,please stand back, stay safe!! Been a Jet Fan since 1968, watched Superbowl 3, even throughout all this misery I haven't lost my soul, how about you???

I am a twenty-year season ticket and PSL owner who has spent over $180,000 to attend Jets games since 2001.

This gives me a level of insight you can’t possibly comprehend. 

SAR I

What does that have to do with showing some class & not calling sports figures losers that have succeeded way above expectations & have made their mark in this world.Maybe you've should've taken some of that 180,000 & took some humility courses.SAR I, surely hope you know there are other ways to measure a man's wealth other than is wallet, if not....???Not getting into a man a mano word of words man, but sometimes you need to stop, you're wasting o2 & emitting unneccessary co2. Hey the Jets have been an embarrassment lately, but in my young years,not to this extent, I get it,peace!!.