For the Trevor Lawrence fan club

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Arthur Blank praised Matt Ryan's career so far, but was non committal at best about his future. There, my friends, you have the most serious threat to the # 1 pick. Unlike the Giants, they don't have 5 games left vs the NFC east.

I wonder where Trevor Lawrence of Cartersville,  Ga. would rather play....

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

ATL is stuck with Ryan's contract for at least 1 more year.  It's easy to blame the HC for the mess in ATL but they are witnessing what happens when you have 20% of your salary cap committed to 2 aging players. 

I could definitely see Blank throwing the season and putting Ryan in IR at some point.   I think they still have Matt Schaub who has to be pushing 50 by now as the backup.   I could see Schaub retiring rather than actually starting an NFL game.    

Big games for ATL are Denver, Detroit, and Chargers.   We need ATL to preferably win 2 of those 3.   

5 hours ago, section314 said:

Arthur Blank praised Matt Ryan's career so far, but was non committal at best about his future. There, my friends, you have the most serious threat to the # 1 pick. Unlike the Giants, they don't have 5 games left vs the NFC east.

totally right.  they're going to pick the home town (or nearly so) guy if they get the chance.  ryan is good enough to play a season or two while lawrence sits on the bench.  the only thing i'd be concerned with is what the rest of the team looks like.  are they depleted like the jets?  at least they still have jones at wr.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Yes. 

Always fear the teams that aren't traditionally garbage. They'll fluke their way into any generational prospect. That's how the Falcons got Ryan to begin with. We have him if we don't beat KC in week 17 the prior season. F*ck you Mangini.

Yeah I totally see this happening.  Always some less deserving team that sneaks in front of us and takes the more coveted player.    And if it happens to be Atlanta this year we can all look back and cry at their inexcusable failure to recover that onside kick vs Dallas in week 1.

I've never seen him play. If you do draft him you make sure the rest of the draft picks are also players on offense. That's after you went heavy on O in FA. It doesn't matter if the d is sh*t next year. You have to stock up the talent on offense and not in a piecemeal fashion, they need to surround their QB with talent that wont shell shock him.