Jets trying to trade Leveon Bell

49 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Hahaha haha 

this will just mean Gore gets 20+ catches and they re-sign Balledge.

Gase is an assclown.

I hate to rip NFL players because they are doing stuff I certainly cant, but man Ballage was as incompetent at blocking as I have ever seen

44 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Not to derail a great hatred thread, but was the Bell move widely cheered when it happened?  I don't remember it that way but I could be way off.  I thought it was more a 50/50 split

I hated it before it happened and when it happened and after it happened. Hate it now. Seems like the beggining of a Dr Seuss poem

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I mean, if I was looking to disseminate self-serving but anonymous info about the Jets, Manish has proven to be a reliable middleman for that type of thing. He was clearly doing it for Rex and then Maccagnan. 

In sure he was, but its not as if this was a shady/dirty story that somebidy else might not pass along for you.  Its a trade rumor.  Coukdve gone to Cimini and ESPN but you go to a guy who lost his credentials?  

I guess I just figured Manish was done.  Didnt think he'd get anyone with the Jets or the NFL to take his calls but he is.  I just wanna know how the hell he did it.

I know who several of his sources were before, but now? Not a clue.

24 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Ding, ding, ding.

Many of us are often "right" on this site, few  create threads about it and continually try to show us as much. Then there is you.

So we agree.  I was right. Big step, Scott. Major breakthrough for you today.  Let's try to build on this moving forward.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Would Bell will be willing to take pay cut now just to get away from Adam Gase?

The Jets are looking for a late-round pick and perhaps a middling player, according to sources.

The News reported earlier Tuesday that Bell told friends after last season that he would likely request a trade if things continued to go south this season. He also expressed uneasiness about Gase’s weekly game plans last year without complaining.

Now, it looks like things have been pushed to the brink.

Complaining about game plans? How can you complain about something that does not exist. Our gameplan is this

1. Call short pass or run up the middle

2. If stuffed, run up the middlle

3. If > 5 yard gain. go 5 wide, then throw short

4. Less than 5 yard gain, trap up the middle

5. If faced with 3rd down, throw short and pray for YAC

6. 4th down and out of FG range :Punt (regardlless of score or situation)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

In sure he was, but its not as if this was a shady/dirty story that somebidy else might not pass along for you.  Its a trade rumor.  Coukdve gone to Cimini and ESPN but you go to a guy who lost his credentials?  

I guess I just figured Manish was done.  Didnt think he'd get anyone with the Jets or the NFL to take his calls but he is.  I just wanna know how the hell he did it.

I know who several of his sources were before, but now? Not a clue.

If you’re Hughes, Coz, etc, and the agent comes to you with this trade demand/rip job, you might not publish it because it’s not all that captivating and it makes your life inside the building less comfortable which, from a journalism perspective, is problematic, but from a keep-my-cush-job perspective, I think is part of the calculus. Throw it to the guy who’s been reliably laundering this sh*t for ten years.  

• Upvote 3

BTW, Rotoworld writers (for whatever they are worth), feel that it would take the Jets GIVING a pick with Bell to allow another team to digest his contract.

• The Daily News' Manish Mehta reports the Jets are shopping Le'Veon Bell prior to the November 3 trade deadline.

It's unsurprising it came to this after neither Adam Gase nor GM Joe Douglas attempted to put out the flames of any trade rumors for Bell this offseason. The issue isn't whether or not Gase wants to part with Bell's hefty price tag, but whether any organization would even take Bell's guaranteed $8.5 million base salary on. The 28-year-old's contract does at least offer a team-friendly out for $4 million in dead cap space this offseason. The Jets would likely have to move a pick in order to part with the disgruntled running back, who has averaged 3.3 YPC across 17 appearances since signing his four-year, $52.5 million contract.

Oct 13, 2020, 12:10 PM ET

•  
  • Sympathy 1

I never wanted Le'Veon Bell I don't like the fact that he takes the focus away from our quarterback. Adam Gase shouldn't have to use Le'Veon Bell and get him more touches and Sam Darnold shouldn't have the play-calling surrounding Le'Veon Bell.

I've been saying this for a year this will not become Darnold's team till we get rid of Bell. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

BTW, Rotoworld writers (for whatever they are worth), feel that it would take the Jets GIVIN a pick with Bell to allow another team to digest his contract.

• The Daily News' Manish Mehta reports the Jets are shopping Le'Veon Bell prior to the November 3 trade deadline.

It's unsurprising it came to this after neither Adam Gase nor GM Joe Douglas attempted to put out the flames of any trade rumors for Bell this offseason. The issue isn't whether or not Gase wants to part with Bell's hefty price tag, but whether any organization would even take Bell's guaranteed $8.5 million base salary on. The 28-year-old's contract does at least offer a team-friendly out for $4 million in dead cap space this offseason. The Jets would likely have to move a pick in order to part with the disgruntled running back, who has averaged 3.3 YPC across 17 appearances since signing his four-year, $52.5 million contract.

Oct 13, 2020, 12:10 PM ET

•  

THis...  and WHAT TEAM does having Lev Bell actually help?

WHo wants the leagues slowestRB?

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

At least it appears Douglas is learning from botching the Robby situation.  If you're not going to keep him get whatever you can.

plus he probably views it as a positive towards the tank as Bell is capable of winning a game or 2 by himself if they suddenly learned how to use him.

Finally a reasonable take I can agree with.  Yes, Douglas should have traded Anderson at the deadline last year. 

Quinnen as well, if the rumors were true about his trade value being high for at least one team.

• Upvote 2

I haven't read the first seven pages of the thread - mea culpa.

I'd just like to state that I hate them shopping Bell. He has tried hard, played hard, and been (up to this point) quiet and a loyal teammate. That said, if he is pushing to get out, then we might be forced into trading him. Teams don't get better by letting go or trading their best players - we haven't seen his "best" because our coach SUCKS and the OL has only recently progressed from all time worst to merely bottom three or so. We can afford him - and we have one back, Perine, who might be able to replace him, and NO depth after that. (Gore is too old to even be considered - he should be an RB coach, not a roster spot.) 

The reason I hate this is that IMHO it stinks of the same incompetence to trade away good players because they are fed up with losing and the prospect of more losing. (The Knicks and Porzingis, anyone?) Even the Adams situation qualifies, despite his money threats - and I'm not saying that he made the situation so bad that Douglass had no choice but to shop him for the best deal available, which I think he got. If he saw light at the end of the tunnel/his contract, maybe something could have been worked out, maybe not. 

But we now have a growing list of players - Anderson, Osemele, Adams, now Bell - who want OUT above all else. I'm looking primarily at Douglass: why do good players want to leave? I think that's an important part of the culture that needs to be fixed. What are you doing to address it? (And this applies less to Gase because he should be GONE by season end, if not sooner - if nothing else to prove that changing the team culture is important.) If the Jets can't imbue hope and possibilities into their players,no wonder they want out. We are becoming the Washington Foreskins of the AFC East by becoming the destination where players get that last big contract, and actually competing for a title is an afterthought. While Douglass isn't to blame for Bell's contract - and neither is Bell- Douglass and C. Johnson need to get rid of this cancerous coach at the bye week to send a signal that stubbornness, stupidity and incompetence will not be the team's future path.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Just look at this thread.  I asked how funny/crazy it is that Manish is getting stories that other guys aren't despite not being credentialed and all of you maniacs are like "WhY dO YoU LikE MaNIsH"?

And yet you go on and on an on and on about your boy crush.  Post after post about Manish.  Post after post wondering why people comment on your Manish obsession.  On and on it goes. 

And then you call OTHER people obsessed when they call you out on it.

• Upvote 1

anybody with a brain knew this was coming day one this season well bell was not happy with his practice reps-he knows first hand how sh*tty gase is a coach-gase likes to use tight  ends  for his runs and if you think bell is washed what in gods name is gore.....

bell I am sorry the jets are such a train wreck.

I dont blame you force your way out. I would .

the jets want guys like ballage and gore

I hope bell gets traded and becomes once again the best back in football as a parting gift

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Not to derail a great hatred thread, but was the Bell move widely cheered when it happened?  I don't remember it that way but I could be way off.  I thought it was more a 50/50 split

Your assessment is accurate.  Some were happy to have a player with his talent onboard.  Some hated the cost.  Some thought he was done.  But it most certainly wasn't widely celebrated, at least not here.

6 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

I haven't read the first seven pages of the thread - mea culpa.

I'd just like to state that I hate them shopping Bell. He has tried hard, played hard, and been (up to this point) quiet and a loyal teammate. That said, if he is pushing to get out, then we might be forced into trading him. Teams don't get better by letting go or trading their best players - we haven't seen his "best" because our coach SUCKS and the OL has only recently progressed from all time worst to merely bottom three or so. We can afford him - and we have one back, Perine, who might be able to replace him, and NO depth after that. (Gore is too old to even be considered - he should be an RB coach, not a roster spot.) 

The reason I hate this is that IMHO it stinks of the same incompetence to trade away good players because they are fed up with losing and the prospect of more losing. (The Knicks and Porzingis, anyone?) Even the Adams situation qualifies, despite his money threats - and I'm not saying that he made the situation so bad that Douglass had no choice but to shop him for the best deal available, which I think he got. If he saw light at the end of the tunnel/his contract, maybe something could have been worked out, maybe not. 

But we now have a growing list of players - Anderson, Osemele, Adams, now Bell - who want OUT above all else. I'm looking primarily at Douglass: why do good players want to leave? I think that's an important part of the culture that needs to be fixed. What are you doing to address it? (And this applies less to Gase because he should be GONE by season end, if not sooner - if nothing else to prove that changing the team culture is important.) If the Jets can't imbue hope and possibilities into their players,no wonder they want out. We are becoming the Washington Foreskins of the AFC East by becoming the destination where players get that last big contract, and actually competing for a title is an afterthought. While Douglass isn't to blame for Bell's contract - and neither is Bell- Douglass and C. Johnson need to get rid of this cancerous coach at the bye week to send a signal that stubbornness, stupidity and incompetence will not be the team's future path.

Is it possible that “good players” (your term) want to Leave because they’re not JD’s guys and he’s not exactly keeping it a secret that he thinks they’re totally overpaid, and they also saw what happen to Adams and they wanna get ahead of it?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And yet you go on and on an on and on about your boy crush.  Post after post about Manish.  Post after post wondering why people comment on your Manish obsession.  On and on it goes. 

And then you call OTHER people obsessed when they call you out on it.

Just trying to help some of you guys out a little.  What kind of person leaves people he cares about to roam around in a delusional state just because it might take a little time to help them get better?  Not my style.  I'm here for you.

1 minute ago, thshadow said:

Any chance we can trade Bell for a WR?  How about Bell plus whatever picks are necessary for JuJu?

Or even a middling WR would instantly be our #1.

Zero.  Douglas is after picks.  As many as he can get.  My guess is he's aiming for a fifth at best for Le'Veon.