Is it my fault?

neweypie

3 minutes ago, neweypie said:

I chose the Jets as my team in late 2018 before Gase was hired.

Commenters on this board tried to warn me off following the team but I wanted a team that wasn’t a perennial contender so that when the good times came I couldn’t be accused of being a bandwagon follower.

I didn’t realise that I would bring my sh*t magnet curse with me to the Jets. The rugby league team I follow is also a cellar dweller. I’m really sorry.

I would offer to change teams but I feel like I have already suffered enough that I now am trapped  in this abusive relationship and can’t see a way out.

I will understand if you are angry with me and decide to include me in future polls as an option for who is to blame for this mess.

Get out while you still can.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, neweypie said:

Commenters on this board tried to warn me off following the team but I wanted a team that wasn’t a perennial contender so that when the good times came I couldn’t be accused of being a bandwagon follower.

I didn’t realise that I would bring my sh*t magnet curse with me to the Jets. The rugby league team I follow is also a cellar dweller. I’m really sorry.

I would offer to change teams but I feel like I have already suffered enough that I now am trapped  in this abusive relationship and can’t see a way out.

I will understand if you are angry with me and decide to include me in future polls as an option for who is to blame for this mess.

Nope we’ve been bad a long time. Now the good news, we are so bad so terrible, that we can really only get better when they finally fire Gase.

18 minutes ago, usanyj said:

I blame my dad... he made me the way I am.

I'm glad I was there with my dad in the Kotite years... driving from hotel bar to dive pub in NC begging for the bartenders to put the Jets game on one of the crappy small screens in one of the dark corners. Usually took 2 or 3 stops until we hit paydirt. Until we found the local Jets fan club, he would've had to curse and throw peanut shells at those fuzzy crappy TVs on his own. Glad I was there. Can't ever quit this team but can sure as Hell bitch about them. We've earned that. And anyone who calls me or people like me not a "real fan" can lick my green and white arse.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, neweypie said:

No. It's @CTM fault.  Trust me, he ruins everything. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, jgb said:

I'm glad I was there with my dad in the Kotite years... driving from hotel bar to dive pub in NC begging for the bartenders to put the Jets game on one of the crappy small screens in one of the dark corners. Usually took 2 or 3 stops until we hit paydirt. Until we found the local Jets fan club, he would've had to curse and throw peanut shells at those fuzzy crappy TVs on his own. Glad I was there. Can't ever quit this team but can sure as Hell bitch about them. We've earned that. And anyone who calls me or people like me not a "real fan" can lick my green and white arse.

You sound like one of those entitled Jet fans that I've read so much about.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, neweypie said:

You can redeem yourself by becoming a Patriots fan and bringing your curse. It's about time they sucked again.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, neweypie said:

Oh, so YOU'RE the culprit!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, neweypie said:

WOW!!!  You jumped on the band wagon!!!!

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, neweypie said:

Your fault for choosing this team in 2018. You get no credit for turning this team into a nightmare, it's been going on long before most of us where born. I got no sympathy for you. We all mostly inherited this pain, you decided to choose it. Just leave 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, neweypie said:

You know what you need to do. 

5E0729CB-84FB-47BE-8496-FF83FBE15857.jpeg

• Haha 2

It’s easy to say that I should just leave and take my curse to another team but I now feel invested in this stupid team and this message board. Just look at the number of commenters who announce they are  leaving and then they come back. There is some serious voodoo that attaches itself to anyone who starts to follow this team. They get stuck. I have only followed them for one and a half seasons so I can’t even imagine the pain that most of you feel. Was there a time when the Jets were good and/or popular?

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, usanyj said:

I still watch every game with my dad, married with a kid on the way. Wouldn’t miss a Sunday with him watching. Those are the best times. As much as this team breaks you. We all have those moments with the jets that we will remember fondly because of other things. Time spent with dad is mine.

Why would you do this to your dad? What kind of son are you. What comes around goes around. You’re next!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, neweypie said:

It’s easy to say that I should just leave and take my curse to another team but I now feel invested in this stupid team and this message board. Just look at the number of commenters who announce they are  leaving and then they come back. There is some serious voodoo that attaches itself to anyone who starts to follow this team. They get stuck. I have only followed them for one and a half seasons so I can’t even imagine the pain that most of you feel. Was there a time when the Jets were good and/or popular?

Youre invested in under 2 years of following a team?

LOL, try being one of us.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, usanyj said:

I still watch every game with my dad, married with a kid on the way. Wouldn’t miss a Sunday with him watching. Those are the best times. As much as this team breaks you. We all have those moments with the jets that we will remember fondly because of other things. Time spent with dad is mine.

Yep if I didn't live in Europe, I'd do the same. Still make it back for a few games a year (pre-COVID times). Fact is that I like being a Jets fan. I like rooting for a team that sucks. I laugh at the garbage times and enjoy the great times as much as any homer who calls me a "fake fan" for being realistic. Wouldn't trade 10 rings for the times spent with pop and other hard-boiled Jets fans who told it like it was. When I was a kid at the Jets Fan Club, whenever I'd say something positive during one of the many trash years, they made me sit in the corner of the bar and only get up to serve drinks. Character > participation trophies. Feelings don't create reality and predicting something ain't the same as rooting for it, young'uns.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You sound like one of those entitled Jet fans that I've read so much about.  

The only entitlement I have is to be entertained. When the Jets blow, I have this place and riposting all the homers calling me a "fake fan."

21 minutes ago, neweypie said:

So you really should study the history of the game. Tradition is paramount and will give you a different perspective.  Jets history goes back some 60 years with the inception of the AFL and why and how it was started. Again, study history of football. Learn about how the AFL came to be and then merged with the NFL. Check out documentaries on the Jets and Namath.  Very fascinating stuff and it will give you great insight into how this team shocked the professional sports world. Things will turn around. The Jets, while only winning 1 SB, have had great seasons and many great players. Things come in waves. Yea we are absolute garbage right now. But it will change so hang in there. 

2 hours ago, neweypie said:

Yes 

15 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

So you really should study the history of the game. Tradition is paramount and will give you a different perspective.  Jets history goes back some 60 years with the inception of the AFL and why and how it was started. Again, study history of football. Learn about how the AFL came to be and then merged with the NFL. Check out documentaries on the Jets and Namath.  Very fascinating stuff and it will give you great insight into how this team shocked the professional sports world. Things will turn around. The Jets, while only winning 1 SB, have had great seasons and many great players. Things come in waves. Yea we are absolute garbage right now. But it will change so hang in there. 

And we had the first 4,000 yard passer in pro football history!!! (And not one since)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, neweypie said:

When did Mac start posting here?