Thursday Night game...

Beerfish

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Who do you see them realistically having a chance of beating?

Dolphins (Tua), Raiders (blew them out last year) Chargers, Browns, and tanking Patriots.

An Evan Engram drop could have affected your life drastically for the next 2 decades.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Dolphins (Tua), Raiders (blew them out last year) Chargers, Browns, and tanking Patriots.

An Evan Engram drop could have affected your life drastically for the next 2 decades.

Henry Ruggs will take a wet diarrhea on our secondary 

• Haha 2

Looking at the schedule, the Jaguars are the real competition for the #1 pick.  I don't see another W for them on the schedule.  I am hoping for a scenario where we can win 1 game and still get the #1 pick.  With all of these bad teams, I don't see how we can win 2 games and still get the #1 because we should lose all tiebreakers based on SOS.

So, we need all of these bad teams to get to at least 2 wins.  I think the Giants, Texans, Vikings, Falcons, and Chargers will all get there.   I am concerned about Washington and the Jaguars.  I could easily see 1 or both finishing with 1 win.  

As bad as we've been, with Darnold, Becton, and Mims playing the next 10 games, I just don't see us losing all of them.  I think we have a legitimate shot to beat the Chargers (rookie QB), Dolphins (rookie QB), and Browns (don't trust Baker Mayfield).  We could be screwed if we win even 1 of those games.  I don't see us beating the Patriots in any scenario.  Week 9 they will definitely have something to play for.  And if Week 17 comes along and the Jets can secure the number 1 pick by losing, there is no way we try to win that game.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Andrew Thomas looks terrible. Like worst player in the NFL terrible. 

Everyone laughing at Jones falling over on that run but holy f*ck at that speed. He was breaking away from the corners chasing him.

We might look back on this draft & say we got the best LT in 2020. Giants would swap Thomas for Becton in a HEARTBEAT. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Andrew Thomas looks terrible. Like worst player in the NFL terrible. 

Everyone laughing at Jones falling over on that run but holy f*ck at that speed. He was breaking away from the corners chasing him.

95%  of the basement dwellers ridiculing Jones couldn’t walk down a flight of stairs without  needing a break.

I heard one sports commentator on the radio expressing sympathy for the cardboard cutouts of people in the stands. He noted that they can't even close their eyes when things get really bad. [Ed.: Any idea why they're called 'stands' when the people sit in them?]

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Are you suggestion we shouldn’t judge professional athletes at their jobs because we’re not in as good a shape as them?

Not at all. There is an old saying, and I'll paraphrase, "don't criticize someone until you've walked in their shoes."  Simple as that. Nothing to read between the lines, here.

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Who do you see them realistically having a chance of beating?

The pandemic is the wild card. The Patriots lost a game to the Broncos which then should not have lost...mind boggling, the Broncos are chopped liver. The Patriots facility was shut down due to an outbreak. They lost a bunch of key practices coming up to the game, which let to a very un-Patriots like game versus the Broncos. That same scenario might well play out with one of our opponents.

Of course if it happens to the Jets you won't see much of a difference in our loss column  ?