Wayne Chrebet: Jets' future 'is bright - they can turn this thing around pretty quickly'

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

With the most cap room in the league and the # 1 pick they can turn things around quickly.

Daboll should be leaving the Bills. The Dolphins don't know what Tua is yet. And the Patriots look terrible.

It really comes down to getting the # 1 pick.

They need to be .500 in 2 years. Then we will know JD is good. This should be realistic if we get a good coach and the many new/young players learn their new systems for offense and defense next year. That is the most optimistic situation that I can see.

It may even take 3 years to go .500 and so far many of JD’s moves have not worked out at all. I have concerns but if he can even be a “good” GM, we can at least start digging out if the hole. I give him 2 full offseasons to judge him. So far he gets a C and that’s not good enough to get out of this insanely deep hole that we are in. 

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

With the most cap room in the league and the # 1 pick they can turn things around quickly.

Daboll should be leaving the Bills. The Dolphins don't know what Tua is yet. And the Patriots look terrible.

100% correct...you have Trevor Lawrence in your back pocket............they will come 

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

2 first rounders 

2 3rd rounders

2 5th rounders

Huge cap space.   If they get the #1 pick, it is an appealing job and they are poised to rebound.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

So the future says its not really a dumpster fire just smoldering after the fire.

• Haha 1

Not getting it could be a blessing in disguise too. There is always the chance trevor lawrence ends up being the next marcus mariota or that darnold ends up being good under the next head coach who hopefully builds gameplays around his players instead of building a game plan that has proven to not work and forcing his players to run plays that don't play to their strengths.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

If it makes you happy Boss I hope we do. Personally I don’t see anything helping. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

I believe It comes down to the next coaching staff.  I trust Douglas will bring in talent (maybe I shouldn't?)  but this team needs direction

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, chirorob said:

2 first rounders 

2 3rd rounders

2 5th rounders

Huge cap space.   If they get the #1 pick, it is an appealing job and they are poised to rebound.

pff so was out "situation" with Darnold when we hired Gase... we had a chance at Rhule.

This starts Joe getting full control. 2 first rounders, minues the QB, is 1st and plus 2 picks around 30-34... we need like 30 picks around there to turn this roster around. Don't think some extra short lived cap and an extra pick at the 2nd of the first round is enough to get Rudy out of the factory

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, chirorob said:

2 first rounders 

2 3rd rounders

2 5th rounders

This is correct!

with Becton, Mims and Perrine.  Assuming each of them get better.  Then our 3 picks in the top 33.

you get your QB, another WR or TE - another OL (in the top 33)

Sign the top offensive weapon on the FA market and the best OL you can find.

You now have three quality receiving targets.  A solid RB, two first round OLinemen and a third high level FA on the OL.

You have a team at this point - one that you could call NFL caliber.

Now JD has to hit on these picks - but I'm not talking about finding stuff in the 4th.  I'm only talking about signing a couple of good FA's and picks in the top 35.  

Let the defense fend for itself.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

pff so was out "situation" with Darnold when we hired Gase... we had a chance at Rhule.

This starts Joe getting full control. 2 first rounders, minues the QB, is 1st and plus 2 picks around 30-34... we need like 30 picks around there to turn this roster around. Don't think some extra short lived cap and an extra pick at the 2nd of the first round is enough to get Rudy out of the factory

Oh, I'm not saying this team is a year away from winning the division.

This team could be Improve to more of a 5-11, 6-10 team, which is a huge step up from 0-16 or 1-15.   I'd also be happy if Joe trades down in the 2nd and 3rd rounds to pick up additional picks in 2022.  Then, another 2 first rounders in 2022 and any other picks he stockpiled, and the team could start to be respectable. 

That was always may point, even last year.   This team is utterly barren when it comes to talent.  It will take 3 years to re build a solid base and make the team competitive.    I've also said, it doesn't matter who the QB is next year, if you don't improve the line, and the running back, and get another WR, that person will fail.  No one can do it with this level of talent.

• Upvote 1