Darnold shoulder injury reaggravated

Icer

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm just speculating but maybe they think he needed a year studying how NFL offenses work.  Maybe he has good raw tools but played in a simplified offense in college? 

TBH I think Sam needs that right now, but instead of offenses substitute in defenses. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Did you see Flacco play. We have a way better shot of Flacco plays the rest of the way

Not sure there's much of a difference, except that Darnold can make a few wow plays when everything goes to sh*t. In the pocket he's just as bad or worse

23 minutes ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

DiNucci started in an offense where every position except for LT is vastly superior to what the Jets are trotting out there. Exactly how would starting Morgan  be good for anyone? It would be extremely difficult to evaluate anyone among this dreck and it would be likely that he would get hurt behind this swiss cheese line.

There are too many positions on this team that need to be upgraded for them to worry about a QB. At least 3 OL, 2 WR, a RB and a TE need to be upgraded. Until they get the OL squared away and get 1 more target to pair with Mims, putting any hope in a QB, drafted or not, is foolish, IMHO.

No one is putting any hope in Morgan, really, and no one expects him to play well.  But it's certainly more worthwhile to see him than Flacco.

If Morgan gets in there and outperforms Darnold, that will tell us something about both Morgan and confirm what we already know about Darnold.  

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one is putting any hope in Morgan, really, and no one expects him to play well.  But it's certainly more worthwhile to see him than Flacco.

If Morgan gets in there and outperforms Darnold, that will tell us something about both Morgan and confirm what we already know about Darnold.  

Morgan won't outperform Sam just like Flacco didn't outperform Sam.  There is simply no talent on this team.  ZERO.  

While Sam hasn't been great, he's far from the biggest problem this team has.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Our receivers suck, O-line is horrible outside of Becton, running backs are mediocre at best and the head coach is a horrible playcaller

yeah great situation for a QB

So him holding onto the ball too long, overthrowing and under throwing WR's and missing open WR's is not his fault. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

So him holding onto the ball too long, overthrowing and under throwing WR's and missing open WR's is not his fault. 

He holds onto the ball because no one is open.  Watch the tape.  An average division I college secondary could cover our WRs and TEs

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

His initial shoulder injury this season happened because he held onto the ball too long. 

no it was because the Denver player sacked him and got away with a clear unnecessary roughness penalty 

Again where is this talent at WR and TE that Sam Darnold isn’t taking advantage of?  Jets have only one WR who would start on any other NFL team which is Crowder and he’s an ok slot receiver. Mims is talented but he’s a raw rookie who barely practiced. Then it’s a garbage heap of Malone, Hogan, Herndon, Griffin, Smith etc 

• Upvote 1

The old, "We never throw long!" we are only dink and dunk and only call screens!"

QB gets killed "Well he holds on to the ball to long what do you expect to happen to him."

Our oline is still stink bad, if you watched the game alone last night it would show you that, Brady standing back all day double and triple patting the ball.  Even Danny Dimes has far more time.

Of course part of this is Idiotgase scheme.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The old, "We never throw long!" we are only dink and dunk and only call screens!"

QB gets killed "Well he holds on to the ball to long what do you expect to happen to him."

Our oline is still stink bad, if you watched the game alone last night it would show you that, Brady standing back all day double and triple patting the ball.  Even Danny Dimes has far more time.

He does hold the ball too long :(

It's sad, but undeniable. 

There have been numerous times this season where he has held the ball too long, taken a back sack, and missed an open WR, all on the same play. This is not something you can argue away. Color commentators have pointed this out numerous times this year - including on the play that he got hurt. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I know I'm one of the few that believe in Morgan. I think he's the best QB on your roster. If the let him start he would make things interesting. He damn sure couldn't make anything worse. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

I know I'm one of the few that believe in Morgan. I think he's the best QB on your roster. If the let him start he would make things interesting. He damn sure couldn't make anything worse. 

Camp reports were certainly positive about him, and the strong rumors suggesting Belichick wanted him intrigues me as well.  I definitely want to see what he can do out there as soon as possible.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

Then why is he seemingly being redshirted? 

If the Jets thought they had their future QB on the roster, they would be playing him and letting him start to develop with the other rookies already playing. 

39 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Gase loves calling nothing but screens and slants.  He’s so smart y’know

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Camp reports were certainly positive about him, and the strong rumors suggesting Belichick wanted him intrigues me as well.  I definitely want to see what he can do out there as soon as possible.

Is Belichick really a qb evaluator?  Pioli drafted Brady and that was a fluke.  Aside from Jimmy G Belichick has done nothing but whiff on QBs in the draft ever since

36 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Then why is he seemingly being redshirted? 

If the Jets thought they had their future QB on the roster, they would be playing him and letting him start to develop with the other rookies already playing. 

You know the answer...GASE.

8 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

If they think he is pretty good then why would they still care as much about the #1 pick?   

Maybe good enough to be a backup / spot starter, but not good enough to pass up on a “generational talent” (not that I haven’t heard that one more than once per generation). 

Also shame on you for taking that post seriously in the first place. No one actually benches a player they think is good and far superior to the starter, let alone while the starter is struggling so mightily. 

20 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

It happened because Sam Darnold held onto the ball too long. 

I still can’t believe roughing the passer wasn’t called! Everyone knows damn well if that was Brady thrown to the ground & he layed their injured like Sam, even if they INITIALLY didn’t throw the flag as soon as they saw the play hurt him flags would rained down! 

• Post of the Week 1

20 hours ago, Ben Had said:

If he is good then this is more of a reason to keep him on the bench. Flacco is at the end of his career and would make much better cannon fodder.

Also, I hope you are right.

21 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Did I say that? 

He was thrown down like a rag doll because he held onto the ball too damn long. 

Should have been a penalty. 

Agreed.  He did hold onto the ball too long on that play but it also should've been a penalty by today's standards.