Zach Wilson is the answer , I hope we win games to not pick Trevor

cookiemonsta911

I have watched enough of Trevor, he is not the answer. I also told you Darnold was not going to be good, he lacked accuracy and bad decisions in college. Last game vs ohio st he sucked in the bowl games at usc. 

Lawrence is better, but not elite.  Misses too many throws,

Wilson from Byu has the arm , accuracy, and smarts to be a great qb. No doubt here. 

With the Seattle pick we need to select a running back or a guard. But I would trade down from 1 to 2 or 3, and collect picks and take Wilson. 

One wr I want is to sign Benjamin Victor from the Giants practice squad, I think he has upside 

Watch the 6:03 catch , he is making people miss at 6 foot 4. He is a slow boomer, but he is elite folks.  I am Ohio St fan who thought he had a lot of untapped potential. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, kdels62 said:

I no longer believe in Zach Wilson

I would hire Mark Dantonio as coach. He reminds me of Pete Carroll .   Dantonio/ Zach Wilson is the combo we need. I think smart people leading us. That is a start.  If you know anything about Mark D, he is the best defensive mind in the world in football YES better than Bill or Saban.  He studied under Tressel on the great Ohio St 2002 team as d coordinator. Owned Meyer and Harbaugh in big games, and better record at Mich St than Saban. He makes you adjust to his 3 / 4 scheme and his special teams make you win games if they are close. 

12 minutes ago, cookiemonsta911 said:

have watched enough of Trevor, he is not the answer. I also told you Darnold was not going to be good, he lacked accuracy and bad decisions in college. Last game vs ohio st he sucked in the bowl games at usc. 

Well if you say you watched enough of him to be able to tell, I guess that’s that man. Thanks for showing us the truth.

13 minutes ago, cookiemonsta911 said:

Didn’t Josh Allen throw 58% in college?

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He plays against teams like McNeese, Utah STATE, NIU, UMass, NM State, TROY, NORTHERN Alabama etc, etc lol

And he's already suffered an injury that required shoulder surgery (and has yet to take an NFL hit). 

Screenshot_20201123-221404.thumb.png.b57005a41f8f0529c03d5711cf0980ce.png

Lol 

Compared to...

Screenshot_20201123-204906.thumb.png.8b6ab89174e9558c9c7ba051ba984fb3.png

Are you absolutely nuts or something?!?!?

Those schools on Trevor Lawrence’s list must feel dumb for not offering Wilson a scholarship.

The guy everyone has been drooling over for 3 years is suddenly within our grasp, and we still can't be happy.  You are even skipping over Joe Fields to fawn over a guy most boards have ranked anywhere from 3 to 5 among the 2021 QBs.

Lawrence threw for 83 TDs against 14 INTs in 995 attempts (so far).

Wilson threw for 49 TDs against 14 INTS in 738 attempts (so far).  Last year he was 11 TD vs. 9 INT.  

So that tells me Lawrence throw for more TDs and less INTs per pass attempt, but a substantial margin both ways.  Against tougher competition.  And Wilson was pretty bad last season so you're jumping onto a one-year wonder who wasn't nearly as wonderful as Burrow was last year.  Again against lesser competition.

Wilson might be very good.  But I could just as easily see him becoming a 2nd tier starter.  Or worse.  You can get lost in a subjective eye test, but there is no GM on earth who would give up Lawrence and draft Wilson.  Not...even...Mike....Macaggnan.  If we get #1, draft Lawrence.  Ride or die with him.  If we get #2, probably draft Fields and do same.  After that, it gets interesting but I might load up on other positions at that point.

TL/DR: No.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The guy everyone has been drooling over for 3 years is suddenly within our grasp, and we still can't be happy.  You are even skipping over Joe Fields to fawn over a guy most boards have ranked anywhere from 3 to 5 among the 2021 QBs.

Wilson threw for 49 TDs against 14 INTS in 738 attempts (so far).  Last year he was 11 TD vs. 9 INT.  

So that tells me Lawrence throw for more TDs and less INTs per pass attempt, but a substantial margin both ways.  Against tougher competition.  And Wilson was pretty bad last season so you're jumping onto a one-year wonder who wasn't nearly as wonderful as Burrow was last year.  Again against lesser competition.

Wilson might be very good.  But I could just as easily see him becoming a 2nd tier starter.  Or worse.  You can get lost in a subjective eye test, but there is no GM on earth who would give up Lawrence and draft Wilson.  Not...even...Mike....Macaggnan.  If we get #1, draft Lawrence.  Ride or die with him.  If we get #2, probably draft Fields and do same.  After that, it gets interesting but I might load up on other positions at that point.

Watch the tape . Arm angles, Velocity . I don't care about sure things. ALWAYS ALWAYS draft upside. 

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Well said. 

One QB has a 35-1 record with a 5.92 TD-to-INT Ratio the other a record of 18-9 with a TD-to-INT Ratio of 3.5. 

One QB has been to two National Championship Games, the highest rated QB prospect since Elway/Manning and the only True Freshman to ever win a National Championship since dating back to 35 years ago of 1985 while destroying both Notre Dame and ALABAMA while the other is playing against teams like McNeese, Troy and NORTHERN Alabama etc etc 

Disgusting. 

• Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, cookiemonsta911 said:

I have watched enough of Trevor, he is not the answer. I also told you Darnold was not going to be good, he lacked accuracy and bad decisions in college. Last game vs ohio st he sucked in the bowl games at usc. 

Wilson from Byu has the arm , accuracy, and smarts to be a great qb. No doubt here. 

With the Seattle pick we need to select a running back or a guard. But I would trade down from 1 to 2 or 3, and collect picks and take Wilson. 

One wr I want is to sign Benjamin Victor from the Giants practice squad, I think he has upside 

Watch the 6:03 catch , he is making people miss at 6 foot 4. He is a slow boomer, but he is elite folks.  I am Ohio St fan who thought he had a lot of untapped potential. 

Not sure about the QB thing yet but I wanted the jets to get Binjiman victor last off season he was an udfa was he not?

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

No GM would do it (without getting FIRED). 

Passing up on Lawrence for Wilson lol would be 10x worse than Macc passing up on Watson/Mahomes because we drafted Hack the year before...

Or 15x worse than Parcells passing up Pace and then Jones to draft Farrior.  

This is our Payton Manning moment without Bill Parcells around to f*ck it up & you want to take Wilson? 

Im not saying Trevor Lawrence is the next Manning, but my god man, Trevor has lost 1 game in his entire career! I'm gonna go out on a limb here & say Trevor is no Todd Marinovich. 

• Sympathy 1