#/!# Jets vs Browns - Discussion Thread #/!#

Maxman

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Have not seen much of Mayfield.  But if today is any indication, the guy is a bum.  He can't hit the ocean throwing today.

He's not much better than Darnold. His success comes when they run the ball and he gets easy reads. He's a gunslinger with no anticipation. As I've said on this forum before, you just slow down Cleveland's run game and Baker reverts to being a bad QB. Let them run the ball and he can look competent when he has time and wide throwing windows. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, K Clue said:

Not sticking up for him, but all his top targets are out due to covid. This game would be very different if they had Landry and Higgins playing right now. 

That’s just an excuse!  We’ve been told around here for two years that the talent surrounding the quarterback doesn’t matter.  Great quarterbacks elevate the guys they play with!

• Upvote 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

He's not much better than Darnold. His success comes when they run the ball and he gets easy reads. He's a gunslinger with no anticipation. As I've said on this forum before, you just slow down Cleveland's run game and Baker reverts to being a bad QB. Let them run the ball and he can look competent when he was time and wide throwing windows. 

Now Baker understands what Sam has had to deal with for 3 years.  Sam has his issues but I think we can both agree that having no oline, weapons, or competent coach will really hurt a young QB.  I still would like to see Sam with some actual talent around him with even just adequate coaching