Don't want to jump the gun on this but for discussion purposes...

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

@Maxman

Can you attempt to verify if this dude actually has a source? I seem to remember you doing that with someone else in the past.

Dont want to be that guy...but I'm definitely going to be that guy. I think this is a ton of BS, someone just wanting to seem relevant. 

If he stops posting because of your whining I am going to be bummed out. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’ve heard Brandon Staley, in particular, is a Darnold fan.  I’m nowhere near ready to put my name to a coaching hire yet because there’s still a lot to be done, but if he gets the job it wouldn’t shock me to see him be ok with trying to salvage him.

That's interesting.  For awhile now, I've thought Sam's "salvage value" is Goff if he does turn it around somehow.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I was told on Friday that Martindale has told teams that he prefers to wait until the Ravens are eliminated before taking any interviews.  Quite frankly, I don’t see the Jets waiting that long for him.  If he doesn’t get one in this week, I think we’ll turn our focus elsewhere.

Eberflus and Staley have my utmost attention right now.

To confirm for others, I have heard this as well. It's a decision by him that may cost him a job this coaching cycle quite frankly if he does not wish to change his mind this week.  Many candidates have already interviewed with teams probably preparing to do second rounds by the end of this week.  If he chooses to wait ANOTHER week to even take a 1st interview I am not sure with with the quality of other candidates that teams will be willing to wait. 

I like wink alot, think he'll bring a lot to the table as a candidate and as I and a few others on here had heard he was high on the FO list of candidates but if he wont take an interview while others are really impressing with theirs then what can be done. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

If he stops posting because of your whining I am going to be bummed out. 

Yes. Whining. 

Wanting to know if a random internet poster is someone we should believe. Oh the horror. Let me go wipe tears out of my eyes. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I’m am sorry, but no way they keep Sam.

They might not even know it yet.  I can imagine JD’s mouth watering thinking about what he can get for that #2 and stack the team.

Push comes to shove, they really have no choice but to trade Sam and take a QB at 2.

You were dead right last offseason, when most doubted you.

You looked around this roster and wondered where all the talent was, while a lot of us found ways to get excited about Greg Van Roten, Breshad Perriman, a rookie receiver that didn't see an ounce of training camp, Pierre Desir and so on and so forth

Now I'm confused, though. You seem to advocating for taking a quarterback @ 2? 

I was all for Trevor Lawrence. But now that it's off the table, and we're unlikely to be a 'hot spot' for NFL free agents, why would you want to throw another young quarterback behind this offensive line, throwing to these receivers and handing off to mummified former NFL greats or practice squad chumps?

Genuinely curious, because I remember how right you were six months ago, and I think it's pretty clear that those same points still apply - the roster is very weak right now. 

2 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Literally nothing out there is confirmed. “Sources” are Unconfirmed.  

I can buy that viewpoint for sure. 

But it's still not unreasonable to wonder if this guy is legit. At all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Yes.  Most of us get that.

The rest of don't feel the need to say it out loud. Most people can process that possibility, process it and move in in about 2 seconds.  Welcome to the internet.

Well I would assume most of us learned to not take candy from strangers, but I'm starting to doubt it.

• Thumb Down 1

37 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Why can't people just be like "wow yea I dont know, I dont think he'll ever be good, but i guess others dont agree"  call a spade a spade, why do people have to attack a guy for suggesting otherwise.  ESPECIALLY GUYS WHO HAVE LEGIT SOURCES. 

He said his source hasnt heard a thing, its just a hunch, right?  Am I the only one who says thanks and kind of moves on waiting for more than someones hunch?

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

You don’t need to believe him. What does he have to prove to you?

lots of people enjoy his posts. 

He doesnt HAVE to prove anything to me. But asking to have his sources verified should be something we ALL strive for correct? 

Wouldnt it be great to know you have someone with legit connections, instead of wonder if he is just another internet kook? 

11 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Yes. Whining. 

Wanting to know if a random internet poster is someone we should believe. Oh the horror. Let me go wipe tears out of my eyes. 

I suppose if you’d just politely or fairly asked “Have you posted legit stuff on here” or asking him for more info on source, it might have been different that just instantly saying it was BS and he was an attention seeker. 

*That* is probably what annoyed the bloke, and seeing as he’s a popular poster on here at the minute, what has annoyed those of us who enjoy reading his info. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

He doesnt HAVE to prove anything to me. But asking to have his sources verified should be something we ALL strive for correct? 

Wouldnt it be great to know you have someone with legit connections, instead of wonder if he is just another internet kook? 

Have you read his posts in the past?

he’s laid much of it out  Go back and read it  

do you want him to post his sources name?  Will that satisfy you?  Or do you need the sources email addy so you can confirm he’s the source?

plus you were kind of rude when you asked the question 

7 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Well I would assume most of us learned to not take candy from strangers, but I'm starting to doubt it.

Can you provide reliable evidence to support why any single poster here should give a flying **** what you think?  This clearly needs to be verified by multiple outside sources before a single speck of sh*t could be allowed to be given.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

He said his source hasnt heard a thing, its just a hunch, right?  Am I the only one who says thanks and kind of moves on waiting for more than someones hunch?

Depends if you want to appreciate info of any kind or only locked in info. I can understand anyone wanting to wait for substantiated information thats more than a hunch. But he chose to share the information because the person that relayed it has given him reliable information in the past. 

At the end of the day it really depends on what youre looking for.  For me personally as a fan right now anxiously anticipating any news possible on the coaching search, love these tidbits and updates and really appreciate sharing them openly. I personally usually only share stuff i hear with a few people on here so anyone that is open to sharing their sources that openly I appreciate.  I can understand where others may choose not to believe the information, thats their own personal prerogative, but certainly he shouldnt be admonished in any way for sharing it. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Instead of continuing to slander me why didn't you just DM me and ask instead of trying to cast doubt on my reputation? Douche. Happy to share everything just to prove this narrative wrong. 

As I said before. Verify the source with Max and it would be fantastic to hear everything you have to say. I dont need any proof for me personally.

• Thumb Down 3

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Can you provide reliable evidence to support why any single poster here should give a flying **** what you think?  This clearly needs to be verified by multiple outside sources before a single speck of sh*t could be allowed to be given.

This would be exactly 1% funny if I cared what you think. 

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Have you read his posts in the past?

he’s laid much of it out  Go back and read it  

do you want him to post his sources name?  Will that satisfy you?  Or do you need the sources email addy so you can confirm he’s the source?

plus you were kind of rude when you asked the question 

No. I asked Max to verify. Something that has happened in the past. 

2 hours ago, football guy said:

Don't want to blow up the person who told me because they seemed stern in making it clear that they haven't been told anything and that it was just their opinion, otherwise I'd be more willing to give out who this person works for

Todd McShay?

7 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:
12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Depends if you want to appreciate info of any kind or only locked in info. I can understand anyone wanting to wait for substantiated information thats more than a hunch. But he chose to share the information because the person that relayed it has given him reliable information in the past. 

At the end of the day it really depends on what youre looking for.  For me personally as a fan right now anxiously anticipating any news possible on the coaching search, love these tidbits and updates and really appreciate sharing them openly. I personally usually only share stuff i hear with a few people on here so anyone that is open to sharing their sources that openly I appreciate.  I can understand where others may choose not to believe the information, thats their own personal prerogative, but certainly he shouldnt be admonished in any way for sharing it. 

In summary, STFU!