Don't want to jump the gun on this but for discussion purposes...

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

Personally, I haven't thought it would be Saleh at all. There are no real links between him and those in our front office and our organization. I've been saying Eberflus and Staley. This is a pivot for me, and I'm not 100% sold that this will be the case yet. I think Douglas will be thorough. However, this person never steered me wrong so if this is their opinion it sounds very possible, hence why it's certainly worth discussing. 

If Saleh comes here, the expectation is that he'd bring Mike LaFleur with him as OC. Then the question becomes whether Press Taylor gets fired, and if he does, maybe they would want him on the staff as QB coach. He'd be in demand (especially in CIN), but just something to keep an eye on. 

I would prefer McDonald but would be very happy with LaFleur also.

43 minutes ago, football guy said:

Don't want to blow up the person who told me because they seemed stern in making it clear that they haven't been told anything and that it was just their opinion, otherwise I'd be more willing to give out who this person works for

@football guy

Lose lips sinks ships!

Don't rveal ANYTHING on a public forum other than the INFO!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

@Maxman

Can you attempt to verify if this dude actually has a source? I seem to remember you doing that with someone else in the past.

Dont want to be that guy...but I'm definitely going to be that guy. I think this is a ton of BS, someone just wanting to seem relevant. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 5
  • WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Figures they go back to the well with another defensive coordinator. In an offensive league I expect to wait another 20 years to see an offensive head coach of the Jets.

Aye, it’s a whole 7 days since the Jets last had a HC with an offensive background.

Those were the days.

• Haha 3

So now we are to believe that "football guy" ihas some inside Jet source?

Who is "football guy?"

For all we know, "football guy" may not even be a guy...

I'm getting a "Cookiemonsta" vibe here, for those who remember, who would be predicting deadly weather events daily even when the National Weather Service predicted nothing...

Consider me skeptical...

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, jetswinbaby! said:

So now we are to believe that "football guy" ihas some inside Jet source?

Who is "football guy?"

For all we know, "football guy" may not even be a guy...

I'm getting a "Cookiemonsta" vibe here, for those who remember, who would be predicting deadly weather events daily even when the National Weather Service predicted nothing...

Consider me skeptical...

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

His posts have been nothing like cookiemonstah.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Not really buying any of this.

Why would joe Douglas and Christopher Johnson need permission from the league to go talk to Saleh in person? 

The jets are putting out tweets after interviews, not sure they would do that if they were planning on more rounds. 

4 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Not really buying any of this.

Why would joe Douglas and Christopher Johnson need permission from the league to go talk to Saleh in person? 

The jets are putting out tweets after interviews, not sure they would do that if they were planning on more rounds. 

Technically coordinators are not allowed to. I don't know, it sounds stupid to me. Just like the rest of this covid sensationalist nonsense. Also, I never said they wanted to go meet Saleh specifically. They want to meet their finalists for second rounds of interviews, whoever they wind up being. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

What does your guy say Douglas wants to do with Darnold?

Sorry- a few people are going to ruin it for everyone, and I see no reason to share info for people to read who are unappreciative skeptics.

Feel free to DM me going forward. I'll be happy to facilitate questions and get back to you

Truth is, nobody knows how good he’ll be as HC.

Very well thought of around the league, his players love him (Richard Sherman, who isn’t backward in coming forward, raves about him which I really like), and seems the leadership sort - energetic, passionate without being stupid, focused etc....

Might not be successful, but at least makes sense as a hire and a whole lot more successful than Gase two years ago.

• Upvote 1