Don't want to jump the gun on this but for discussion purposes...

Just now, Mogglez said:

That’s fine.  I can sleep easy with the fact that I told everyone here that Marvin Lewis would be interviewing for the job on December 23rd and the Jets, in turn, announced that they interviewed him 3 days ago.

Ignore those haters, lol. Continue doing your thing :D. Most of us appreciate it!

Same goes for you as well, @football guy

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, King P said:

All of this was completely unnecessary, and it just shows that some of you guys lack any self control and don't know how to be discreet at all.

There's no reason to just call him out like that, and then accuse the rest of us of being sheep and drinking the Kool Aid.

I personally enjoy OP's posts if for nothing else they're intriguing reads. Whether I believe what he says or not is another story. But he'll never know, because even if I don't believe him, I'll never straight up tell him. Even if I know someone is full of crap, I'll keep it to myself and let them hang themselves with their own rope.

Some of you have no type of tact whatsoever, and it shows

samuel l jackson fire GIF by Lionsgate

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats fine, if thats the point he was making, my bad I thought I read that his source thinks Saleh will land the job.  As I said hes on my list of candidates that I can totally get why they would hire.  Thats not the point.  

I like Salah as a candidate, like that he seems fiery and my first choice, Campbell has bowed out of any consideration, is staying at Iowa

Campbell was my first choice as well.  

I wouldnt be mad with any of the names mentioned as candidates outside of Bieniemy, who personally I want 0 part of. 

Staley right now has kind of peaked my interest the most, but either him saleh or martindale I think would be excellent hires. 

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

That’s fine.  Considering the fact that I told everyone here that Marvin Lewis would be interviewing for the job in a gigantic post, full of information, that I made on December 24th and the Jets, in turn, announced that they formally interviewed him 3 days ago without a single reporter putting it out there that we would be bringing him in, I’m sleeping pretty easily.

or when I told this place that Ryan Fitzpatrick had agreed to his contract with the team in 2016, a full day before it was announced.

or when Darron Lee agreed to his rookie deal a day before his contract was announced.

and plenty more.

I’d like to think that information that lined up with sh*t that actually ended up happening is more than enough for most people.

Plenty of people here can vouch for me and the owner of this site has already verified Football Guy.  I’m not sweating over you, your emojis, and whether or not you believe me.

Ok? Great! I’m convinced now ?

Now please if you wouldn’t mind, can you:

-list of all the times you were incorrect? (Bet that list is longer)  

Question, do your intel post contain lines like; “this is just my sources opinion” , “not sure this will happen but this is what I’m hearing”? - I bet 99.9% of your intel post do 

^^ Do you leave your intel post with outs like these??

Wont piss down my leg and tell me it’s rain because you claim know some random toilet washer at florham park. 

Give me a break and no offense, I’m not just the type to believe backwards intel on the internet. I rather goto a conspiracy site ?‍♂️

• Thumb Down 8
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Oh don’t worry, I won’t let it ruin anything or stop me from sharing anything lol.  I just felt like throwing some of the sass back considering that I’ve said, on multiple occasions, that the only reason I share sh*t is because I love this place and the people that post here.  I’m not looking for clout or to make a career out of it lmao.  I’m just fortunate to have a little “extra” access and want to share what I, safely, can with a place and people I enjoy discussing football at/with.

how do I go to bed, wake up, and see that this argument with people is still going on?  lol Football Guy is vindicated even though he needed no vindication from people that handled his information appropriately. 

Lets all just enjoy any information we get and enjoy the coaching search shall we?

Thank god I dont post my information hahaha

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, football guy said:

What's funny is now I'm torn: part of me wants Saleh to get announced so that I don't look like an idiot (even though I thought I made it clear I wasn't putting my name on it, just relaying very relevant info from a very relevant source), the other part is hoping he doesn't because I'm not sold on him. 

Another thing: coaching cycles tend to be a game of musical chairs. A lot of candidates are in play for a number of jobs. If Meyer passes on JAX and both the Jets and Jaguars gave him an offer, he'd definitely have a decision to make. 

Personally, I don't think it will be Saleh. We shall see. 

Its so tough because each candidate they have interviewed is enticing in their own way. Even Wink who we haven't formally requested yet, is extremely enticing.  I go back and forth daily at this point with who I want lol

Mostly now I am in the camp of wanting Staley, some gut feeling just tells me he's going to be the guy.  We'll see though, process is far from over. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Campbell was my first choice as well.  

I wouldnt be mad with any of the names mentioned as candidates outside of Bieniemy, who personally I want 0 part of. 

Staley right now has kind of peaked my interest the most, but either him saleh or martindale I think would be excellent hires. 

Im with you, me and my son are both kind of intrigued by him, he has experience with both sides of the ball, and really has coached a fine tuned unit with the Rams defense.  I'd totally understand Saleh and Martindale but right now the Martindale play hasnt materialized and thats kind of interesting in itself.  Does JD know him so well hes going to be his last interview or are we all wrong in assuming JD knows and like Martindale from their days in Baltimore? Maybe he knows him and isnt impressed with him for HC.  

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Mogglez said:

As someone who has proven himself a number of times here, you would have to be completely naive to believe that people with the right connections do not get information.  I’m not super defensive about it because, personally, I’m not going to cost my guy his job over some stranger on the internet demanding that I prove to them, or anyone for that matter, who my source is.  I just let what I say do the talking for me.

People never understand things like this.  I dont have the level of sources that Either you or FG have, but I have some legitimate NFL insiders and a 3rd party source.  The reason I rarely post anything I hear is I would not want it to get back to them and ruin my relationship with those people.  They wouldnt get fired, but it may effect the relationship I have with them which I have no wish to do because it runs deeper than just being a source. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Joejet said:

No one really gives a **** about whether or not you believe these guys so why don’t you post about the topic and let the majority of us enjoy the inside information that FG and Mogglez share without your snide remarks.

Ummm how about No

Wont tell you when, where and what to type so please don’t tell me ?

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Im with you, me and my son are both kind of intrigued by him, he has experience with both sides of the ball, and really has coached a fine tuned unit with the Rams defense.  I'd totally understand Saleh and Martindale but right now the Martindale play hasnt materialized and thats kind of interesting in itself.  Does JD know him so well hes going to be his last interview or are we all wrong in assuming JD knows and like Martindale from their days in Baltimore? Maybe he knows him and isnt impressed with him for HC.  

Yea the more you read about Staley the more you get to like him as a candidate and understand why he's moved through the ranks so quickly.  Also, and this doesnt mean much but he comes from an absolute football factory at John Carroll University.  I'm not sure anyone can explain why, but that college has produced a ton of nfl coaches and gms over the years.  So history is on his side as well. 

In terms of Wink, those are all great questions.  I think that JD liked him enough to want to interview him, and by all accounts he's a really good candidate who is rumored to be bringing a fantastic staff to where ever he is hired.  I had heard the rumors of him being a lead candidate going into this like everyone else.  Based off of what my people told me about him as a person and the staff he was rumored to have wanted, it fit perfectly with what JD had said he wanted in a HC.  So logically it made sense. I think what is happening now is that Wink, who by all accounts is very happy as DC in Balt, is trying to be respectful to the team and focus all of his attention on winning a superbowl there.  The problem is that the coaching cycle will pass him by most likely if he does not open himself up to interviews this week in my opinion.  Teams are taking their time but i would imagine by the end of this week many teams will have started their second round of interviews.  That would leave Wink who hasn't met with anyone yet, very out of position.  

I think JD knows he'd be in the running, but also with the quality of candidates they have brought in, if they absolutely impress, no one will be thinking of waiting for him to open himself up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

***BREAKING***

**My sources tell me**

1. They actually like everyone that they interviewed 

2. Joe Douglas isn’t favoring any coach that wants to keep Darnold because of his contract situation and poor play (Joe will never admit this to anyone because he has to give the impression he’s doing what’s best for the team and not what’s most beneficial to his future) 

3. This coaching search could linger out because the team announced they will be “casting a wide net”

4. more surprising interviews will pop in the coming days 

**this is Just my sources opinions on what they hear is going on, everything posted is subject to change***

My sources I can reveal them if anyone needs to know 

• Thumb Down 1

Bringing Brady in would make keeping Darnold more palatable for me, even though I still wouldn't like it.  I do think that he would be able to hide Darnolds flaws a lot better than most other candidates on the list. What McVay did with Goff is a minor miracle and I do think Darnold has more arm talent than Goff. Icould see Brady being Darnolds McVay. If Douglas really is trending in keeping Darnold i could see Brady being in play bc once he makes the decision to keep Darnold he has now taken responsibility for his play. Brady would give Darnold the best chance to succeed. No matter who they hire they need a young creative offensive mind to run the offense whether they keep Darnold or draft a QB.

4 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Thank you @football guy & @Mogglez for both of your contributions. Don’t listen to the haters. Even if it doesn’t come true Maxman verified you so appreciate you sharing what you know. In my opinion these are the best kind of threads and why these boards exist . Looking forward to more info in the future!

I second the Motion. I love threads like this, and really enjoy reading the insights that the guys are sharing. It certainly gives us an interesting perspective and provides a lot for us to discuss.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Thank you @football guy & @Mogglez for both of your contributions. Don’t listen to the haters. Even if it doesn’t come true Maxman verified you so appreciate you sharing what you know. In my opinion these are the best kind of threads and why these boards exist . Looking forward to more info in the future!

God the whole "haterz" narrative people try to shoe-horn into every aspect of life is so weak. Both of these guys have acknowledged that none of what they share is set in stone, anyway. It's not "hating" to be skeptical.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Bingo!

And another thing, many in here claiming to “have sources”, okay? So how come the couple of _____ that come here and type like they have the keys to the information inside the NYJ all have different opinions?

If anyone had real “sources” info would line up, not some “well idk about that, my sources aren’t telling me that “ -????

People really underestimates how crafty people on the internet can be. Smfh 

I DONT BELIEVE NONE OF YOU WITH “SOURCES” FOR THE RECORD ? 

I just want to be the first one to officially let you know that nobody gives a flying F word what you think. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

God I hate the whole "haterz" narrative people try to shoe-horn into every aspect of life. Both of these guys have acknowledged that none of what the right is set in stone, anyway. It's not "hating" to be skeptical.

The way of life, hive mind gang mentality. The majority rules. God forbid you bring any counter arguments to the hive, they will attack like rabbit dogs ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Ok? Great! I’m convinced now ?

Now please if you wouldn’t mind, can you:

-list of all the times you were incorrect? (Bet that list is longer)  

Question, do your intel post contain lines like; “this is just my sources opinion” , “not sure this will happen but this is what I’m hearing”? - I bet 99.9% of your intel post do 

^^ Do you leave your intel post with outs like these??

Wont piss down my leg and tell me it’s rain because you claim know some random toilet washer at florham park. 

Give me a break and no offense, I’m not just the type to believe backwards intel on the internet. I rather goto a conspiracy site ?‍♂️

Just out of curiosity . . .  are you always this big a dick, or did someone take the raisins out of your oatmeal?

Asking for a friend.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

The way of life, hive mind gang mentality. The majority rules. God forbid you bring any counter arguments to the hive, they will attack like rabbit dogs ?

They attack, and then when you are proven right they convince themselves that they knew it all along and your opinion wasn't that bold/controversial to begin with

• Post of the Week 1