Don't want to jump the gun on this but for discussion purposes...

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

If Saleh is the hire, I think LaFleur is a heavy favorite to be the offensive coordinator. La Fleur was the best man at Saleh's wedding. 

l just read an article on him that said he got blocked from interviewing for the Packers OC last year with his brother. I wonder if they would go after him again. I would not mind McDaniels either from what I have read about him.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I had him described to me this way:

“It's hard not to like what you hear about him.  He's risen fast up the ranks which shows he's a quick study.  Had a positive effect on players he's coached (had a big hand in developing Bradley Chubb and Leonard Floyd), clearly a very bright defensive mind who prepares his unit extremely well for all opportunities.  The Rams defense, the secondary in particular, had a lot of young players that really stepped up this year under him and they were EXTREMELY disciplined.

He was ALSO a former QB which gives him experience on both sides of the ball, and a unique perspective for how offenses work and how defenses work to attack offenses. Also will have unique perspectives on Sam and how to work with him. 

Everything you read about him is that he's a football junkie and a defensive savant.”

Thanks for the insight. Definitely a name to watch going forward. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Oh mannnnn, sign me up for that.

I'm sorry I read your post wrong. 

LaFleur-Saleh. 

I too have grown extremely fond of Staley. I think it would be an outside-the-box OC. Dave Ragone is a possibility, and I know Jets fans would be sick with that but what can I say. The good thing about Staley is that McVay loves him so would likely give him some pointers there as Ragone was on the 2015 Redskins staff with him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, football guy said:

I'm sorry I read your post wrong. 

LaFleur-Saleh. 

I too have grown extremely fond of Staley. I think it would be an outside-the-box OC. Dave Ragone is a possibility, and I know Jets fans would be sick with that but what can I say. The good thing about Staley is that McVay loves him so would likely give him some pointers there as Ragone was on the 2015 Redskins staff with him. 

Ahhh gotcha.

I did a quick run through their staff last night and figured Ragone might be the one he poaches.  I’m sure Sean will point him in the right direction no matter what so im not overly concerned. 

I hadn't heard much about Joe Brady tbh. I think we're at least another round of interviews away from picking a coach so we'll see. I'm guessing they'll regroup tomorrow and go over the interviews, then come up with how they'd rank them against each other. Probably try to zero in on the top 3 and then see how it unfolds. 

The one thing that has been proven right is that the Jets hire will be an outside-of-the-box hire. It's certainly looking more and more that way by the day.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

I hadn't heard much about Joe Brady tbh. I think we're at least another round of interviews away from picking a coach so we'll see. I'm guessing they'll regroup tomorrow and go over the interviews, then come up with how they'd rank them against each other. Probably try to zero in on the top 3 and then see how it unfolds. 

The one thing that has been proven right is that the Jets hire will be an outside-of-the-box hire. It's certainly looking more and more that way by the day.

Easily lol. 

I like Brady a lot so I would not be upset to see him get hired.  He’s got connections to Payton, college, and now Rhule.  Some pretty good company.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, football guy said:

Mike LaFleur is the rumor

FWIW he was the best man at Mike's wedding 

23 minutes ago, maury77 said:

If Saleh is the hire, I think LaFleur is a heavy favorite to be the offensive coordinator. La Fleur was the best man at Saleh's wedding. 

Whats he a profession NFL Best Man?  lol

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

LMAO. You are such a fraud. This is the typical behavior of a catfish trying to make you feel guilty for questioning him. A guy with legitimate info would be happy to confirm their legitimacy as all they are trying to do is be helpful and getting that verification stamp would be a good thing. A fraud like you however would get defensive and angry to make the other person feel bad and get the others who believe him be angry at the person who is questioning him.

You want him to put his sources for you?  Seriously

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’ve heard this as well and mentioned it yesterday in the thread discussing him.

For as young as he is, he’s absolutely crushing this process.  He’s my 1B to Staley’s 1A.

If he is the BEST THAN HIRE HIM!!!!

Brady only  worries me on how he would build a staff, that is the only thing.  Hire the right GUY this time!

3 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

LMAO. You are such a fraud. This is the typical behavior of a catfish trying to make you feel guilty for questioning him. A guy with legitimate info would be happy to confirm their legitimacy as all they are trying to do is be helpful and getting that verification stamp would be a good thing. A fraud like you however would get defensive and angry to make the other person feel bad and get the others who believe him be angry at the person who is questioning him.

He willingly sent me the info which I was able to verify. Not that he has to but I have asked him to not share his sources with anyone. They are legit, the first post here seemed pretty safe to me I am not sure why this is provoking such a reaction. The Jets read this stuff and I never know what accounts are Jets employees so I did ask him to be careful. There is no need for him to verify. His name is on it, let's just see what happens.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Maxman can’t even get a press pass from the Jets but now he’s qualified to vet team sources? I am sorry, but no. I get all my *real* Jets news on Parler.

There is nothing about you that I don't hate. You could save a kitten and I would still hate you. Hope this clears up where we stand lol.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

Wasn't it Matt LaFleur (Packer's HC) that was Saleh's best man, Mike's (49ers Passing Game Coordinator) brother?  Either way, Saleh is close to the family so it would still make sense.

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

As someone who has proven himself a number of times here, you would have to be completely naive to believe that people with the right connections do not get information.  I’m not super defensive about it because, personally, I’m not going to cost my guy his job over some stranger on the internet demanding that I prove to them, or anyone for that matter, who my source is.  I just let what I say do the talking for me.

and that was my point. you dont want to risk his job by posting who he is, yet he risks his own job telling you so you could post it on the internet. 

im not saying if its true or not, my question is why. what does this guy get out of telling you?

obviously this guy is in high level talks with the Jets. he knows how JD feels about certain people, knows the NFL will respond in 24-48 hrs. 

i never asked or demanded anything. i just questioned the reason someone with a 6 maybe even 7 figured salary would risk leaking info. and it wouldnt be hard for JD to figure who it is out. only so many people have this close of access

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

As someone who has proven himself a number of times here, you would have to be completely naive to believe that people with the right connections do not get information.  I’m not super defensive about it because, personally, I’m not going to cost my guy his job over some stranger on the internet demanding that I prove to them, or anyone for that matter, who my source is.  I just let what I say do the talking for me.

You “inside scoop people” 

image.jpeg.c1e7a301a4c4707f8da1a625314c3c83.jpeg

• Thumb Down 1

53 minutes ago, doitny said:

and that was my point. you dont want to risk his job by posting who he is, yet he risks his own job telling you so you could post it on the internet. 

im not saying if its true or not, my question is why. what does this guy get out of telling you?

obviously this guy is in high level talks with the Jets. he knows how JD feels about certain people, knows the NFL will respond in 24-48 hrs. 

i never asked or demanded anything. i just questioned the reason someone with a 6 maybe even 7 figured salary would risk leaking info. and it wouldnt be hard for JD to figure who it is out. only so many people have this close of access

Bingo!

And another thing, many in here claiming to “have sources”, okay? So how come the couple of _____ that come here and type like they have the keys to the information inside the NYJ all have different opinions?

If anyone had real “sources” info would line up, not some “well idk about that, my sources aren’t telling me that “ -????

People really underestimates how crafty people on the internet can be. Smfh 

I DONT BELIEVE NONE OF YOU WITH “SOURCES” FOR THE RECORD ? 

• Thumb Down 1

37 minutes ago, doitny said:

I can only speak for myself, but to make a long story short, I’ve known my person for a while.  It’s a friendship.  There are things I know of that I cannot and will not divulge here because, yes, it could easily be traced back to them.  I’m not looking to make this about me though.  All I was really trying to do is back-up FG’s legitimacy while people in this thread went after him.  The stuff he posts falls in line with what I have heard through my source and we have no idea who each other are so it’s not like we’re speaking to the same person (as far as I know lol).

• Upvote 1