Don't want to jump the gun on this but for discussion purposes...

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

As I said before. Verify the source with Max and it would be fantastic to hear everything you have to say. I dont need any proof for me personally.

I'm going to verify the sources with Max just to clear my name, then I'm not going to share anything publically anymore. I didn't sign up for some conspiracy bs. I get not wanting to fall for phony "reports" that people just make up online, but there's a way to do this and question it, and you did it the wrong way. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Depends if you want to appreciate info of any kind or only locked in info. I can understand anyone wanting to wait for substantiated information thats more than a hunch. But he chose to share the information because the person that relayed it has given him reliable information in the past. 

At the end of the day it really depends on what youre looking for.  For me personally as a fan right now anxiously anticipating any news possible on the coaching search, love these tidbits and updates and really appreciate sharing them openly. I personally usually only share stuff i hear with a few people on here so anyone that is open to sharing their sources that openly I appreciate.  I can understand where others may choose not to believe the information, thats their own personal prerogative, but certainly he shouldnt be admonished in any way for sharing it. 

Hunches arent info.  Martindale as the favorite was info.  Saying hes out before hes interviewed on a hunch is kind of odd imo.  I'm also under the impression that the zoom calls, which is all that have been conducted are to narrow the list of possibilities to a manageable number that will be called in for face to face interviews.  So again, have no idea how anyone has an idea of who the choice will be.  Call me cynical.  Or unconvinced.  

Im glad your itch for info is eased though, I do get it.

1 minute ago, football guy said:

I'm going to verify the sources with Max just to clear my name, then I'm not going to share anything publically anymore. I didn't sign up for some conspiracy bs. I get not wanting to fall for phony "reports" that people just make up online, but there's a way to do this and question it, and you did it the wrong way. 

Cool.

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

lol there’s like five people who contribute anything of value to this site and we’re doing our damnedest to drive one of them away

No

OP said: “Don't want to blow up the person who told me because they seemed stern in making it clear that they haven't been told anything and that it was just their opinion, otherwise I'd be more willing to give out who this person works for”

Thats no different than some random ahole typing on here right now 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, football guy said:

Latest I've heard is that they think 49ers DC Robert Saleh will land the job. They cautioned that they haven't been told anything and they've been pretty secretive, just a hunch. There will be follow up meetings and the team is pushing the league to allow for in-person visits, even if the Jets have to go to them. Word is expected from the league within the next 24-48 hours. 

I've been told by someone else to not rule out Brandon Staley. The playoff performance merely improves the media narrative, but the Jets were impressed by all the endorsements he's gotten from those who have worked with him.

Still have interviews scheduled tomorrow and could add a few from the Baltimore tree. Also keep an eye on Press Taylor... if he's fired, Douglas will try to get him on the staff (he won't force it, but I know they're close and he thinks really highly of his football acumen and ability to coach). 

Was Peyton one of them?

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

So you're saying I need to repeat it another dozen or so times to really drive the point home?  There's still so much for us to all learn from you.

Jets fans: Manish Mehta is a turd and deserves to be ran out of town, he makes up anonymous sources to write stories. 

Also Jets fans: Random internet poster should be believed, and if you question him, you're an ass. 

Makes sense. 

Total sense. 

• Thumb Down 1

44 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you!

Some us feel that Sam Darnold would be horrible if Sam had Jim Brown, Jerry Rice and the best OL in the world protecting him!

And they have stats to back it up!

But guess what folks whoose lives and careers are on the line have to make judgments based upon things we see and MANY things we DON'T see behind the scences. We don't know what is going on!

What evaluators do know is that Darnold has not panicked despite the team around him having horrible unimagiative coaching, poor skill players and a bottom OL.  These folks think well maybe we can see Sam improve if we can get a better "team" around him.

Sam might have all that around him and still not play welll; that is why the GM and evaluators get paid money to evaluate the risks.

So if Deshaun Watson was the Jets QB, we would made the playoffs?

2 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Its a shame that its come to this honestly.  There are a lot of people on here that really appreciate your information, but theres always people that will ruin things for others.  You shouldnt have to jump through hoops defending yourself when youre just trying to give people here information they wouldn't normally get.  

Damn shame

I'm not going anywhere. Just DM me going forward and I'm happy to facilitate questions and come back with responses. I just don't feel the need to post things that will fuel skeptics. They don't deserve any of the info as far as I'm concerned. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hunches arent info.  Martindale as the favorite was info.  Saying hes out before hes interviewed on a hunch is kind of odd imo.  I'm also under the impression that the zoom calls, which is all that have been conducted are to narrow the list of possibilities to a manageable number that will be called in for face to face interviews.  So again, have no idea how anyone has an idea of who the choice will be.  Call me cynical.  Or unconvinced.  

Im glad your itch for info is eased though, I do get it.

Fair, for me I never took from the hunch that Martindale is out.  I took it as Saleh impressed that much during his interview it is this persons opinion that he will get the job.  I think if anything it was insight into how well Saleh did. 

As for Martindale, he may be taking himself out of the running all by himself with his unwillingness so far to interview unitl the ravens are eliminated.  If he changes his mind and interviews then things can change. 

I think most of the uproar here is that people took the "hunch" as Saleh being locked in by this source as the hire.  I  didnt take it that way, I took it as from what this person has heard and the feeling their getting he's the guy.  In the same post he also said not to count Staley out either.  So this is all still very up in the air. 

Point is people should just take the information at whatever value they deem appropriate to them and move on in my opinion. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

You were dead right last offseason, when most doubted you.

You looked around this roster and wondered where all the talent was, while a lot of us found ways to get excited about Greg Van Roten, Breshad Perriman, a rookie receiver that didn't see an ounce of training camp, Pierre Desir and so on and so forth

Now I'm confused, though. You seem to advocating for taking a quarterback @ 2? 

I was all for Trevor Lawrence. But now that it's off the table, and we're unlikely to be a 'hot spot' for NFL free agents, why would you want to throw another young quarterback behind this offensive line, throwing to these receivers and handing off to mummified former NFL greats or practice squad chumps?

Genuinely curious, because I remember how right you were six months ago, and I think it's pretty clear that those same points still apply - the roster is very weak right now. 

Also.......You could keep Darnold and still draft Fields or another QB @ 2.  They are not mutually exclusive.  Hardly ideal but it could be done. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, football guy said:

Yup any random a$$hole who just happens to work in the Jets front office. Makes sense. 

Obviously you are very low on the totem pole(if true) because of the quality of you’re intel is basically “let me tell you my opinion, not what’s actually being said“ -

so it’s mehhhh imo, if it’s even true at all

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Also.......You could keep Darnold and still draft Fields or another QB @ 2.  They are not mutually exclusive.  Hardly ideal but it could be done. 

I understand that, but I’m of the mind that there will be QB prospects of his caliber next year. 

And if that’s the case, then why not add a superstar at receiver or offensive tackle, or trade down and give ourselves more opportunity to add talent. 

Personally, I think Ja Marr Chase is going to be a star in this league. The process is early, and my mind isn’t made up, but right now I like that better than taking a quarterback. 

Just now, JTJet said:

Jets fans: Manish Mehta is a turd and deserves to be ran out of town, he makes up anonymous sources to write stories. 

Also Jets fans: Random internet poster should be believed, and if you question him, you're an ass. 

Makes sense. 

Total sense. 

To be clear, is that more or less sense than your failure to comprehend the difference between self-proclaimed "facts" cited by a professional sports journalist who was stripped of credentials, as opposed to stated rumors and second-hand opinions from a message board post, and opting to throw an endless childlike tantrum over it along the way?

Although I guess it all makes a bit more sense coming from an apparent Mehta fan, which of course could mean only one thing... Hi Manish!!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, football guy said:

LMAO. You are such a fraud. This is the typical behavior of a catfish trying to make you feel guilty for questioning him. A guy with legitimate info would be happy to confirm their legitimacy as all they are trying to do is be helpful and getting that verification stamp would be a good thing. A fraud like you however would get defensive and angry to make the other person feel bad and get the others who believe him be angry at the person who is questioning him.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 2

13 minutes ago, peebag said:

So if Deshaun Watson was the Jets QB, we would made the playoffs?

Not IMO we wouldn't win automatically.

Watson had an historic season and Houston was awful this year!  That is why you have to evaluate the QB position in a holistic way and not just say the QB sucks change him and we magically can be in a position to win, you wont and we wouldn't.

Temas win and players, including QBs help that process.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

To be clear, is that more or less sense than your failure to comprehend the difference between self-proclaimed "facts" cited by a professional sports journalist who was stripped of credentials, as opposed to stated rumors and second-hand opinions from a message board post, and opting to throw an endless childlike tantrum over it along the way?

Although I guess it all makes a bit more sense coming from an apparent Mehta fan, which of course could mean only one thing... Hi Manish!!

Yes lol. 

Everyone who doesn't drink your green kool aid every time is Manish. There are far more likely suspects on this forum to be Manish. 

But, someone taking issues with their sources being questioned and then calling someone a cuck because of it .... ?

Manish may very well actually be in this very thread. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

LMAO. You are such a fraud. This is the typical behavior of a catfish trying to make you feel guilty for questioning him. A guy with legitimate info would be happy to confirm their legitimacy as all they are trying to do is be helpful and getting that verification stamp would be a good thing. A fraud like you however would get defensive and angry to make the other person feel bad and get the others who believe him be angry at the person who is questioning him.

This. 

Just now, Maxman said:

From the JetNation standpoint we have stayed away from sources and breaking info. For us it works against us in many ways. Every leak we post, we would technically owe somebody something. The nice thing about what we do is we don't owe anybody anything. I can not express how refreshing it is to be closing in on 16 years and know that the Jets have no control over what we do. It brings me peace and I think it is a big part of our success.

That is a long way of saying that there is no reason for us to validate what @football guy is posting. He clearly knows football and seems like a good dude.  He is putting his name on this, I feel that if "JetNation" gets involved it would only limit or hinder things.  

So we will stay out of it and are just happy to read the info along with everyone else.

Thats fair and I can understand that. 

• Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I think at minimum every single one of us, including you are entitled to know if someone is being truthful with this type of info or not. 

It's not that hard to fathom. 

You're worried about honesty? On an anonymous online message board? Let me guess, you get your news from Facebook too?

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Yes lol. 

Everyone who doesn't drink your green kool aid every time is Manish. There are far more likely suspects on this forum to be Manish. 

But, someone taking issues with their sources being questioned and then calling someone a cuck because of it .... ?

Manish may very well actually be in this very thread. 

Dude..  given your down votes on anyone who questions a certain orange political figure i find your quest for the truth to be highly ironic...  thats about as nice as I can say it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Not the worst outcome. Darnold could always be traded mid-season when a QB goes down, which ALWAYS happens. It might net us a better pick.

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Not IMO we wouldn't win automatically.

Watson had an historic season and Houston was awful this year!  That is why you have to evaluate the QB position in a holistic way and not just say the QB sucks change him and we magically can be in a position to win, you wont and we wouldn't.

Temas win and players, including QBs help that process.

Ok, what qb outside of Mahomes would have made this team better?

• Upvote 1