Was Daboll even interviewed

10 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Yes, he was.

Jets apparently liked him, but seem to like Saleh more.

Developing a QB will be down to the OC he brings in with him.

Great, so right after we destroyed one FQB prospect with bad HC's who didn't know how to develop one, we have an opportunity to hire someone who has a proven track record but we bring in a guy who we don't know if he can do it, hoping he hires an OC who does, just when we are likely to draft another potential FQB prospect.

I hate this this team.  

• Thumb Down 4

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Great, so right after we destroyed one FQB prospect with bad HC's who didn't know how to develop one, we have an opportunity to hire someone who has a proven track record but we bring in a guy who we don't know if he can do it, hoping he hires an OC who does, just when we are likely to draft another potential FQB prospect.

I hate this this team.  

The Jets are looking for a Head Coach. Not an offensive coordinator to just develop a QB. If they feel Saleh is the right man for the job over Daboll they should go with it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Your assumption that an offensive minded HC is needed to develop a QB is faulty.  We'd be just as much at risk of not developing the next QB with an offensive HC as with a defensive HC.  The HC is supposed to coach the team, not one half of the team.  F'ing Jets have gotten it wrong for so long.  QB development depends in the guy running the offense, not necessarily the HC.  

Great post. BB is far from an offensive guy. Did a pretty nice job with a guy from Michigan.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I hate this this team.  

A minute ago you didn't know if he interviewed.

Now, you still don't know if he interviewed well.  You also don't know how much interest in the Jets he had.

You're also discounting the fact that Daboll remains in the playoffs, and the Jets could lose out on Saleh in the next day or two, and then Daboll could go elsewhere or stay in Buffalo.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Daboll was the guy I felt should ha e been highest on the list. There is concrete evidence  he can develop a QB. Is there evidence that Saleh can?

First of all there really is not "concrete" evidence that Daboll developed Allen. In fact Allen himself credits Palmer and advanced biometrics to change his throwing motion to be more accurate. Much of Allen's success is off schedule plays and running. Daboll was very very mediocre except for this one season and all of a sudden he is the QB whisperer? Why aren't we crediting Dorsey as well? Daboll is literally a nightmare candidate. I am a bit mixed on Saleh but Daboll would be Gase 2.0

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Now, you still don't know if he interviewed well.  You also don't know how much interest in the Jets he had.

You're also discounting the fact that Daboll remains in the playoffs, and the Jets could lose out on Saleh in the next day or two, and then Daboll could go elsewhere or stay in Buffalo.

Not if we use Prime shipping. 

This is like Amazon, right? 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I hate this this team.  

I get your point but is he REALLY so responsible for Allen being a star or is allen just a natural born star? Its easy to just assume that allen was a raw prospect that was molded to be great because of Daboll. who really knows??

You should watch some videos of Saleh speaking and coaching up. I am VERY pleased and CONFIDENT we have a real coach and I have NEVER felt this before since Rex. Ok, yea its just  my gut but the dude has a body of evidence and his head coach says he is the greatest thing ever. Calm donw francis!!!

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Also, I like Daboll and wouldn’t be upset in the least if he was the guy...but why are so many acting like he has this long and storied history of being a top flight OC and QB guru?

His offenses have ranged from mediocre to straight up doodoo before this season.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Daboll was the guy I felt should ha e been highest on the list. There is concrete evidence  he can develop a QB. Is there evidence that Saleh can?

And Todd Bowles is a beast on the mic as DC. doesn’t mean Daboll is fit to run the team. Most overblown candidate this cycle. Been around the league since 1970 and has never been a HC or in the conversation for that matter till now. There’s a reason for that. Maxed out as an OC

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Also, I like Daboll and wouldn’t be upset in the least if he was the guy...but why are so many acting like he has this long and storied history of being a top flight OC and QB guru?

His offenses have ranged from mediocre to straight up doodoo before this season.

Is this not obvious.

Allen was thought to be trash, but became very good.  Therefore, Daboll will turn Darnold, who is trash, into very good.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Is this not obvious.

Allen was thought to be trash, but became very good.  Therefore, Daboll will turn Darnold, who is trash, into very good.

allen has his growing pains but came through. darnold never did. nobody can say for sure why that is. saboll is a gruff white man trust me players are going to relate, respond and respect Saleh

The charisma of Saleh is off the charts

28 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Problem with Daboll is even if you like him you need to wait until after his team loses before you cam offer him the job.  There’s also plenty of speculation he will get the Chargers job.  You risk losing out on your second choices if you wait Daboll out and he says no.  League should not allow hires until after the Super bowl to fix it maybe 

I would think he would stay out of division for courtesy sake to Sean McDermott and the Bills organization. Also, AFC East will be a beast for the next several years. AFC West.... not so much.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Your assumption that an offensive minded HC is needed to develop a QB is faulty.  We'd be just as much at risk of not developing the next QB with an offensive HC as with a defensive HC.  The HC is supposed to coach the team, not one half of the team.  F'ing Jets have gotten it wrong for so long.  QB development depends in the guy running the offense, not necessarily the HC.  

All I am saying is you hire a guy that has done it. If you are installing a new bathroom, you don't  hire a guy that builds great kitchen cabinets to do it. 

26 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Someone responded he was interviewed and I went along with that. What is the issue with you. I have never seen anyone take such combative positions when responding to a post as you do. 

No problem, let's  draft Fields and bring in someone we hope can figure out how to develop him. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I hate this this team.  

The head coach of a team needs to manage the team. He doesn't have time to focus on one position group. That's the mistake we've made in the past. We need a leader of men, not a QB whisperer. Do you think Andy Reid is spent as much time with Mahomes as Bienemy and Kafka - hell no! The only downside of this would be if the offensive coordinator is great then he could leave to be a head coach.

• Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

First of all there really is not "concrete" evidence that Daboll developed Allen. In fact Allen himself credits Palmer and advanced biometrics to change his throwing motion to be more accurate. Much of Allen's success is off schedule plays and running. Daboll was very very mediocre except for this one season and all of a sudden he is the QB whisperer? Why aren't we crediting Dorsey as well? Daboll is literally a nightmare candidate. I am a bit mixed on Saleh but Daboll would be Gase 2.0

Look at the Bills O. Are you telling me Daboll has not put his QB in position to be successful? 

30 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I think you missed a larger point. Buffalo was able to develop Josh Allen because they hired a CEO type coach who brought in a good OC who developed Josh. Plus Buffalo's GM supported the development of Josh by trading for Diggs and building the oline.

Jets did none of those things, however, now seem to be going down the same path now. Putting Daboll in place won't magically fix Sam, it takes a full change by the whole organization.

Sam is toast. We are going to have a new QB if not this season, the next. I want to know we have someone who can develop him. I want to get off this freaking  carousel. 

57 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Yes, he was.

Jets apparently liked him, but seem to like Saleh more.

Developing a QB will be down to the OC he brings in with him.

Imagine that.  Thats such forward thinking I barely know how to absorb it.  

27 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I get your point but is he REALLY so responsible for Allen being a star or is allen just a natural born star? Its easy to just assume that allen was a raw prospect that was molded to be great because of Daboll. who really knows??

You should watch some videos of Saleh speaking and coaching up. I am VERY pleased and CONFIDENT we have a real coach and I have NEVER felt this before since Rex. Ok, yea its just  my gut but the dude has a body of evidence and his head coach says he is the greatest thing ever. Calm donw francis!!!

Here is a fact, Daboll has devised an O that makes his QB successful.  When was the last time we could say that about anyone on the Jets