Eagles Hire Their HC

jetsons

7 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

And the gems have been plucked. Reich and Douglas, for example,  had much to do with their success. 

JD did set us up. I don't think we get Saleh without the assets JD lined up here between cap dollars & draft picks. 49ers have at least 3/4 free agents Saleh can swipe to have his guys right out of the gate. Kind of under the radar guys like the Patriots would do, like Van Noy ect. 

TEAM TO WATCH? Saints. I would LOVE to see Joe Douglas make a trade or 2 with the Saints to get them under the salary cap. Right now they are 71 million over! Players to target? #1- Marshon Lattimore (Jets need a #1 CB BADLY) #2- Ryan Ramczyk RT (This would be a HUGE GET) basically could swap him for Fant (not a fan of Fant) for 3 million extra because we'd save 8 million cutting Fant. We should keep upgrading everywhere we can! Ramczyk is a HUGE UPGRADE over Fant & he can MOVE with power. #3- Kwon Alexander OLB (always seems to be around the ball- Jets LBs were horribly slow!)  Also Free Agent Saint Trey Hendrickson. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I hope he got a 5 year deal. That's probably going to take a few years to rebuild. 

What a terrible place to start! Philly & Houston jobs are just terrible. At least in Houston you might have Watson, might. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

The Philly situation is so weird. They are choosing Wentz regardless or not he is the best QB on the roster. You may say we are dysfunctional but this is all time bad

The owner fired Pederson and kept Roseman/Wentz.  Instead he should be firing Roseman and unloading Wentz.  Pederson may well have deserved to get fired, but not at the expense of those 2 idiots.

Lurie sucks.  He and Cal McNair are making strong pitches to be considered worse owners than the Johnson's, that's for sure.  

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The owner fired Pederson and kept Roseman/Wentz.  Instead he should be firing Roseman and unloading Wentz.  Pederson may well have deserved to get fired, but not at the expense of those 2 idiots.

Lurie sucks.  He and Cal McNair are making strong pitches to be considered worse owners than the Johnson's, that's for sure.  

100%. Weird thing is Hurts was playing well enough that it suggested that Wentz was the issue not the offense or even coach

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

100%. Weird thing is Hurts was playing well enough that it suggested that Wentz was the issue not the offense or even coach

Watching that team - they don't want to play hard for Wentz. There were a few stories last year that Wentz was a diva and hardheaded, I think there might be something there.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

JD did set us up. I don't think we get Saleh without the assets JD lined up here between cap dollars & draft picks. 49ers have at least 3/4 free agents Saleh can swipe to have his guys right out of the gate. Kind of under the radar guys like the Patriots would do, like Van Noy ect. 

TEAM TO WATCH? Saints. I would LOVE to see Joe Douglas make a trade or 2 with the Saints to get them under the salary cap. Right now they are 71 million over! Players to target? #1- Marshon Lattimore (Jets need a #1 CB BADLY) #2- Ryan Ramczyk RT (This would be a HUGE GET) basically could swap him for Fant (not a fan of Fant) for 3 million extra because we'd save 8 million cutting Fant. We should keep upgrading everywhere we can! Ramczyk is a HUGE UPGRADE over Fant & he can MOVE with power. #3- Kwon Alexander OLB (always seems to be around the ball- Jets LBs were horribly slow!)  Also Free Agent Saint Trey Hendrickson. 

Agree on saints, and Lattimore would be the best player for us to get - the issue is he is a free agent after the 2021 season.  He counts $10 million vs the cap this year in the last year of his rookie deal, but thats not a huge cap hit and then the saints could let him go and recoup a 3rd round compensatory, so I dont see the need to deal him to the jets unless its for a 3rd round pick to give them cap relief a year early. Ramczyk is in the same exact situation - one year left at $10 million.

I think its more likely they will want to get out of bad contracts like Andrus Peat, who did apparently have a good year (I think)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think Lurie is a good owner. They built great facilities and have been consistent winners. He picked Reid when he was an unknown position coach. They recently won a super bowl. His judgement has been pretty good up until now. Signing Wentz seemed right at the time but it turned out to burn them. Anyway I won’t shed any tears for them. I live in Philly area and it’s nice to see Jets looking like the team with the better future. 

10 hours ago, Jetster said:

Love it! 

i actually buy into the logic that JD accrued some of the those later rd picks for this exact reason. Teams are going to have to flat out cut guys due to the salary cap drop. If they can scoop up a 6th rd pick for them, it would at least be getting something.  The cool thing too is that it will be a way to fill out the roster without buying Free Agents. That could have a positive impact on the comp pick equation. because we are gonna let about 20 FA go this offseason imo.  Jenkins, Perriman and Gore just to name a few. We have 25 FA this year. If we can make 3 or 4 trades in addition to picking up players who were cut from other teams, we can come out on top of the comp pick formula. 

Could JD be this brilliant?  lol 

Ramczyk would be an amazing get for a 6th. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, docdhc said:

I think Lurie is a good owner. They built great facilities and have been consistent winners. He picked Reid when he was an unknown position coach. They recently won a super bowl. His judgement has been pretty good up until now. Signing Wentz seemed right at the time but it turned out to burn them. Anyway I won’t shed any tears for them. I live in Philly area and it’s nice to see Jets looking like the team with the better future. 

Lurie is a good owner going through a rough patch

he and the Texans owner right now are giving the Johnsons a run for their money

6 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Love it! 

i actually buy into the logic that JD accrued some of the those later rd picks for this exact reason. Teams are going to have to flat out cut guys due to the salary cap drop. If they can scoop up a 6th rd pick for them, it would at least be getting something.  The cool thing too is that it will be a way to fill out the roster without buying Free Agents. That could have a positive impact on the comp pick equation. because we are gonna let about 20 FA go this offseason imo.  Jenkins, Perriman and Gore just to name a few. We have 25 FA this year. If we can make 3 or 4 trades in addition to picking up players who were cut from other teams, we can come out on top of the comp pick formula. 

Lattimore could be our Gilmore. Pats D is totally different when Gilmore was hurt. 

6 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Love it! 

Saints can probably only keep 1 of those guys. A top CB is probably more costly than a RT. With Brees retiring, they are still 42 million over the cap. Saints are going to be a firesale! Plus guys will want to jump off a sinking ship.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Watching that team - they don't want to play hard for Wentz. There were a few stories last year that Wentz was a diva and hardheaded, I think there might be something there.

Those stories have been around for a lot longer than just last year. It's a poorly kept secret at this point that Wentz is a grade A douche.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Saints can probably only keep 1 of those guys. A top CB is probably more costly than a RT. With Brees retiring, they are still 42 million over the cap. Saints are going to be a firesale! Plus guys will want to jump off a sinking ship.

Yep.  I think the trade route and signing guys who were cut is going to drastically improve our team and the comp system. It's about time we started using that offer of free draft picks.  Imagine that? 

• Upvote 1