Deshaunapolooza ****Official Deshaun Watson Speculation Megathread**** (Merged eleventy bajillion times)

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Seattle will still be good because of Wilson.  But the idea of using the picks from Adams to go get Watson warms my heart.  

Watson is doing the same thing that made Adams a hated man on this board. What nerds.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, genot said:

Watson is doing the same thing that made Adams a hated man on this board. What nerds.

Watson has a big mouth and wanted to tell their front office what players to pick et al. And now he’s pulling a Jamal Adam’s. I’ve seen him choke a few times in the playoffs. Let him go somewhere else, thank you.

give Darnold another shot and load up the o line and weapons for him. And mother of god get a pass rusher, we haven’t had one since John Abraham.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, BP said:

Watson has a big mouth and wanted to tell their front office what players to pick et al. And now he’s pulling a Jamal Adam’s. I’ve seen him choke a few times in the playoffs. Let him go somewhere else, thank you.

give Darnold another shot and load up the o line and weapons for him. And mother of god get a pass rusher, we haven’t had one since John Abraham.

All of this is wrong except for the pass rusher part.

Watson didn't "choke" in the playoffs.  In fact, he had a tremendous comeback against the Bills.  Terrible take.

Loading up around Darnold.  lmao.  Like giving the keys to a Ferrari to a 7 year old and having a raccoon work the pedals.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BP said:

Douglas got rid of Adams for tweeting his desire to leave. He's going to give up an enormous amount of draft capital for someone who wanted a hand in picking a GM and HC. And now this stuff. I don't care how good he is. Douglas isn't taking the bait. He's too smart. Some people are living in fantasy land

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Greensleeves said:

Let's play this out - you have Sam playing QB with those assets in a perfect world. My perfect world is this:

Deshaun Watson QB

Allen Robinson - WR1 FA

Denzel Mims - WR2

Jameson Crowder - Slot

Thuney - Guard FA

Center - Draft pick 2nd round

Travis Etienne - RB  2nd round pick)

CB or Edge - 3rd Round Pick

WR - 3rd Round Pick

Edge  or Corner - FA

Beat Pass Rusher - #1 pick next year

My team wins by a landslide even if you ad my free agents to your team.

You put alot of faith in non 1st rounders developing into starters. Not one person outside the 2nd round from last years draft turned out to be a reliable starter in their position unless you include the punter, who really didnt even punt to well when you look the stats. 

12 minutes ago, genot said:

Douglas got rid of Adams for tweeting his desire to leave. He's going to give up an enormous amount of draft capital for someone who wanted a hand in picking a GM and HC. And now this stuff. I don't care how good he is. Douglas isn't taking the bait. He's too smart. Some people are living in fantasy land

It happens that he wanted the coach the Jets hired anyway. Problem solved, and it wouldn't take much to make him feel involved.

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All of this is wrong except for the pass rusher part.

Watson didn't "choke" in the playoffs.  In fact, he had a tremendous comeback against the Bills.  Terrible take.

Loading up around Darnold.  lmao.  Like giving the keys to a Ferrari to a 7 year old and having a raccoon work the pedals.

He looked terrible against the Colts in the playoffs a couple of years ago. And even though there was terrible coaching involved he choked against the Chiefs last year. In contrast the Bills choked against the Texans in that game you’re referring to.

Darnold hasn’t been developed. Not developing players is/was a Jets trademark. See Leonard Williams?  

5 minutes ago, BP said:

He looked terrible against the Colts in the playoffs a couple of years ago. And even though there was terrible coaching involved he choked against the Chiefs last year. In contrast the Bills choked against the Texans in that game you’re referring to.

Darnold hasn’t been developed. Not developing players is/was a Jets trademark. See Leonard Williams?  

All the choking!!!  lol.  So every playoff loss by a QB is a "choke".  Got it....

Darnold plays a significant role in that lack of development.  It's like he barely knows how to play QB.  Like, even the basic stuff, such as making effective presnap reads or feeling the pass rush, are foreign to him.  That's not all on Bowles/Bates/Gase. 

And he really wasn't a great prospect to begin with.  He's made the same mistakes in his 3 years that he was making at USC.  Maccagnan and the Jets got duped by one great Rose Bowl performance.  He was a Linebacker in High School and had less than 20 collegiate starts.  Those aren't things that should be overlooked when drafting a prospect.

And the funny thing is you complain about Darnold's lack of development, but don't simultaneously acknowledge that Watson is young and will only continue to get better.  So this supposed playoff "choking" he's been doing is going to be something he improves on.  He's not a finished product yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

So then why does he prefer to come here?

I have no problem with Watson wanting to play somewhere else. I think he''s got a lot of nerve thinking he should have any say in who the GM and HC are. All this stuff being aired publically is the reason Adams got shipped out. I never heard of a player thinking he should have input into who an owner hires as a GM. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All the choking!!!  lol.  So every loss by a QB is a "choke".  Got it....

Darnold plays a significant role in that lack of development.  And he really wasn't a great prospect to begin with.  He's made the same mistakes in his 3 years that he was making at USC.  Maccagnan and the Jets got duped by one great Rose Bowl performance.  

No, it’s how he lost those two games. Please, he was sent into a shark tank with chum on his balls and told to swim or sink with the sh*t talent and coaching staff the Jets had.

3 minutes ago, BP said:

No, it’s how he lost those two games. Please, he was sent into a shark tank with chum on his balls and told to swim or sink with the sh*t talent and coaching staff the Jets had.

As opposed to Deshaun Watson, whose receivers last year were ***checks notes***, an oft-injured Brandin Cooks, Will Fuller, and former Jets bust Chad Hansen.  Didn't stop him and he didn't need any excuses.  

And that also doesn't explain why 35-year old, disinterested Joe Flacco looked competent and had a 6/3 TD:INT ratio with the same supporting cast and coaching.

Sam Darnold sucks and always will suck.  Build around him, and you'll just have a bad QB with good coaches and surrounding talent.

Jets fans are uniquely enamored by bad QB's.  It shouldn't surprise me anymore, but it does.

3 minutes ago, genot said:

I have no problem with Watson wanting to play somewhere else. I think he''s got a lot of nerve thinking he should have any say in who the GM and HC are. All this stuff being aired publically is the reason Adams got shipped out. I never heard of a player thinking he should have input into who an owner hires as a GM. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

morpheus.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, genot said:

You think Darnold can still be a franchise QB. I don't think it's us that's living in fantasy land

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

Why are you casually ignoring the 2018 and 2019 season when he won 21 games combined?

I seriously question whether some people want the Jets to win on this board. A top 5 QB - which the Jets have never had since Namath. Sufficient assets to be able to build around him and a very affordable price tag for a top guy, wants to come here, could own NY. We should be questioning JD if he doesn't do it - that gives him more of a grace period with a new coach so they don't have to win now. If Miami lands Watson because we don't want him, how hard will it be to win the division with the Bills and Miami with Watson. It could keep us in 3rd for a long time. Counting out Pats because, f*ck the Pats. :) It's not just keeping our picks, it's letting a division rival get much, much better.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, genot said:

Except he never really aired anything out publicly like Jamal did. Maybe one tweet that said “something’s never change”?

He wanted to offer his input from a players perspective and they completely ignored him. It’s a lot that’s built over time. Not just this. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

As opposed to Deshaun Watson, whose receivers last year were ***checks notes***, an oft-injured Brandin Cooks, Will Fuller, and former Jets bust Chad Hansen.  Didn't stop him and he didn't need any excuses.  

And that also doesn't explain why 35-year old, disinterested Joe Flacco looked competent and had a 6/3 TD:INT ratio with the same supporting cast and coaching.

Sam Darnold sucks and always will suck.  Build around him, and you'll just have a bad QB with good coaches and surrounding talent.

The Jets need players right now. Not ONE player for eleventy billion draft picks. If Darnold doesn’t work out we move on and get another qb. But I don’t like Watson or what we’d have to give up to get him.

2 minutes ago, BP said:

The Jets need players right now. Not ONE player for eleventy billion draft picks. If Darnold doesn’t work out we move on and get another qb. But I don’t like Watson or what we’d have to give up to get him.

What if I told you the Jets could trade for Watson and STILL get players right now???

There's absolutely no reason to dislike Watson.  That's insane.  A lot of people who are against trading for Watson have at least admitted that he's elite and/or one of the game's best young QB's. 

Darnold already hasn't worked out.  The dream is over, my man.  Move on.  If you'd rather talk, say, Fields, because of your irrational dislike of Watson, I'm down for that.  But stop trying to talk yourself into Darnold.  It's done.  He's not the guy, and he won't be the guy elsewhere, either.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What if I told you the Jets could trade for Watson and STILL get players right now???

Darnold already hasn't worked out.  The dream is over, my man.  Move on.  If you'd rather talk, say, Fields, I'm down for that.  

I think Douglas is a pretty smart guy and think  he’ll do the right thing. And that would be passing on Watson.

1 minute ago, BP said:

I think Douglas is a pretty smart guy and think  he’ll do the right thing. And that would be passing on Watson.

@Mogglez has already reported Douglas is very interested in Watson, so you're wrong on that front, too.  If he's available, Douglas will be looking into it aggressively.  Because he's a smart guy, and knows having a top 5 QB is the easiest path to a Super Bowl.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I seriously question whether some people want the Jets to win on this board. A top 5 QB - which the Jets have never had since Namath. Sufficient assets to be able to build around him and a very affordable price tag for a top guy, wants to come here, could own NY. We should be questioning JD if he doesn't do it - that gives him more of a grace period with a new coach so they don't have to win now. If Miami lands Watson because we don't want him, how hard will it be to win the division with the Bills and Miami with Watson. It could keep us in 3rd for a long time. Counting out Pats because, f*ck the Pats. :) It's not just keeping our picks, it's letting a division rival get much, much better.

Trading for Watson is a 2-3 year shortcut for the organization to get better. Without him and with the Bills and Dolphins improving this team ain't compete for a few years and that's IF they found a franchise QB. And since we haven't found one of those in 35 years in going to go out on a limb and say that won't happen. If Watson really wants to be here they can not pass up that opportunity to try to get it done. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

You put alot of faith in non 1st rounders developing into starters. Not one person outside the 2nd round from last years draft turned out to be a reliable starter in their position unless you include the punter, who really didnt even punt to well when you look the stats. 

Bryce Hall and Mims are starters - Davis will be a starter too. Lots of injuries in a year with no pre-season and mini camps, etc. We did very well. Plus, we'll have a first rounder like most teams. 

3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Except he never really aired anything out publicly like Jamal did. Maybe one tweet that said “something’s never change”?

He wanted to offer his input from a players perspective and they completely ignored him. It’s a lot that’s built over time. Not just this. 

You make a good point. I just don't know why he should think that he should have a role in the hiring of front office personal. That's rather nervy. If he thinks he's capable in helping with staff hirings, maybe he should help Douglas in the draft.

15 minutes ago, genot said:

I do. I don't want a diva on this football team. I doubt Saleh does neither. He talked about a culture change. This isn't the way you start that process.

Not sure how much you’ve looked into this situation or if you’ve gotten feedback from Texans fans, but Watson is not the diva in this situation.

The Texans FO approached Watson and told him he would be involved. Watson didn’t ask to be involved. The FO than went against its word. It became the last straw is a series of blunders by that organization including trading away a top WR for scraps.

Texans fans are very much backing Watson and want Easterby fired. On the contrary, Jets fans blamed Adams for that situation last year.

• Upvote 1