Deshaunapolooza ****Official Deshaun Watson Speculation Megathread**** (Merged eleventy bajillion times)

Rhg1084

4 hours ago, jgb said:

I don’t Eli didn’t make that much after two SB MVPs. I think it’s more personality and performance-dependent than what market you play in that’s important.

Eli isn’t Watson. Eli was never considered a cool kid, and he didn’t come up in the social media age that Watson is. 

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

if Watson really wanted to go to the jets he wouldn't have added them to the no trade clause of the contract he signed in Sept 20. What's really changed since then? The team hired Saleh yes they also bottomed out at 2-14 and have like half a roster 

Other than he didnt know he would want out before they dumped his WR, didnt pay any attention to their best player  and had no idea that Saleh would become the Jets HC when he signed that contract for one thing? 

But more importantly, the Jets arent weren't added to his no trade clause, have no idea why you keep saying this.  The no trade clause is just what it says it is, he cant be traded anywhere without his approving the deal. 

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The no trade clause is just what it says it is, he cant be traded anywhere without his approving the deal. 

Most no trade clause has a small list of teams that are exempt from the clause. The jets weren't on the list 6 months ago but a team's like Miami or Philadelphia might have been 

3 minutes ago, King P said:

hmm...

Hmm I thought the league insiders on this site say the Jets have no shot? 

Like I've been saying this trade doesn't happen unless the Texans can sell their fanbase on a new rookie Franchise QB. That is somthing only the Jets and Dolphins can offer with the 2/3 picks. 

The road to get Watson goes through the Jets if the Texans fall in love with Zach Wilson. It goes through both the Jets/Miami if they are into Fields as well. 

It does not go through the Niners or other teams random guys are just making up. How are the Texans gonna trade Watson and be like "We traded Watson but we got a got the third ranked lineman on the board" Thats just not happening. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This guy, a few days ago, said that there was no chance the Texans would trade Watson. This represents a walkback by McClain, who has been pretty plugged-in with the Texans for a long time

Interesting that we have a “plugged-in” champion for us to be the trade partners.

His trade comp is whack, but if it just boils down to price I actually like JD’s negotiating leverage. 

• Upvote 1

Deshaun Watson has been a buzzy NFL topic as his relationship with the Houston Texans continues to be strained. And the Jets have been a potential landing spot after GM Joe Douglas didn't commit to Sam Darnold as the team's quarterback moving forward.

With that in mind, here is the latest on Watson this offseason:

Jan. 24, 1:13 p.m.

Watson will still want out of Houston no matter who the Texans hire as their new head coach, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Sunday.

The Texans are expected to hire their next head coach soon, but no matter who they land on, Watson wants to be traded.

Jan. 23, 1:52 p.m.

Watson has given his preference of teams he’d like to be traded to, and he lists the Jets as No. 1, according to the Miami Herald.

The Dolphins are No. 2 on that list, but Watson highly values new Jets head coach Robert Saleh. According to the Miami Herald report, Watson asked the Texans to interview Saleh for their head coaching position.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Most no trade clause has a small list of teams that are exempt from the clause. The jets weren't on the list 6 months ago but a team's like Miami or Philadelphia might have been 

No one has ever said that there is a list of preferred teams, has ever even hinted to the teams so saying the Jets weren't on the list is wrong.  And guessing who might be on or not on the list is actually laughable when its sold as fast.  There is no list

And even at that, the player being traded, Watson can change his list at any time.  

• WTF? 1

I just think that Watson is being too much of a diva. He shouldn't have a say in who the GM is or the head coach. He is getting paid to play, so play. I am getting tired of all these players wanting to take their ball and go home. Time to grow up.

I still don’t see this happening.  Douglas wants to build through the draft PLUS we need to fill a ton of holes.  The dust will be astronomical.  It’s will probably be 3 firsts plus a couple seconds.  We simply don’t have a good enough roster right now to afford losing that many premium draft picks.