Jeremiah's Top 50

prime21

1 hour ago, 20andOut said:

I have a tough time with the idea of taking anybody that opted out of the 2020 season (Chase, Farley etc) at the top half of round 1. This is especially true with the limited access and workouts NFL teams are going to have with these players. Cant be basing a top 5 or 10 pick on 16 month old tape.

It depends what that 15 month old tape looks like.

I think Trey Lance will be an interesting example of this.  Is he better off:

1.   Playing a full season, taking hits, focusing on the NDSU offense/playbook.  Then starting the pre-draft after his team's playoffs, flying to 15 different cities to interview, and starting his rookie year essentially exhausted.

or

2.  Working from September through April with his QB coach on pro concepts, working on his drops and pro-style throws and getting 1000+ extra reps under center, resting his body and preparing for his rookie year.

We wont know the answer until we see how the kids who opted out or who were forced out do as rookies, but its going to make the evaluation process more difficult for GMs.

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

For sure. Again I haven’t taken a look at the EDGE guys really, but he’s 6’6 and you see what Young did as a rookie. Depending on his workout you at least have to do your due diligence.

If the Jets decide not to go QB for whatever reason, EDGE needs to be in play. The Jets are desperate at that position and have been since Abraham. You cannot go OT again.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Feels like, rationally, the best move for the Jets is to trade out and prioritize EDGE or CB in the 5-10 range. The team is destitute at both positions, even if they believe Bryce Hall can play

You two see this?

re: Kwity Paye

"He clocked the second-best 3-cone time on the team at a blistering 6.37 seconds, which would have topped anyone at the 2020 combine," Feldman wrote. "Paye’s 40 is also moving at 4.57, with a solid 34-inch vertical and 30 reps on the bench press. Paye’s 40 time and 4.15 pro shuttle time are better than any D-lineman or edge player who tested at the 2020 combine. His 11.3 time in the 60-yard shuttle is also elite."

https://www.si.com/college/michigan/football/michigan-football-kwity-paye-jim-harbaugh-nfl-draft-2021-first-round-pick-don-brown-wolverines-defensive-end

Dude is 6'4 270 lb.

I don't know enough about the player to say how good he is; but I see him mocked high... then see those #'s and it makes sense.

Deserves to be in the conversation at least. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

You two see this?

"He clocked the second-best 3-cone time on the team at a blistering 6.37 seconds, which would have topped anyone at the 2020 combine," Feldman wrote. "Paye’s 40 is also moving at 4.57, with a solid 34-inch vertical and 30 reps on the bench press. Paye’s 40 time and 4.15 pro shuttle time are better than any D-lineman or edge player who tested at the 2020 combine. His 11.3 time in the 60-yard shuttle is also elite."

https://www.si.com/college/michigan/football/michigan-football-kwity-paye-jim-harbaugh-nfl-draft-2021-first-round-pick-don-brown-wolverines-defensive-end

Dude is 6'4 270 lb.

I don't know enough about the player to say how good he is; but I see him mocked high... then see those #'s and it makes sense.

Michigan always seems to have a DE prospects that lights up the testing but then disappears as a pro.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Unicorn - OJ Howard 2017 draft round 1.   George Kittle 2017 draft round 5.

Pitts is a great athlete, "matchup nightmare", but if he cant block then he's just a big WR.  If you want a TE you draft a TE.  To me Pitts seems like an elite athlete who you will have to design touches for: 

At 6-foot-6, he plays just as big as his size indicates. More in the role of a big receiver, Pitts can align outside, in the slot, or place his hand in the dirt in-line. As an F tight end, his combination of size, athleticism, and hands makes him a multi-level threat for creative offensive coordinators. As a run blocker, he’s sustainable and willing as a one-on-one blocker, but also isn’t afraid to get his face dirty in the box, either. Pitts will need to go to a team that can use him in creative ways with an outside-the-box thinker orchestrating the offense that allows his assets to shine.

And he’s the only one. 

5 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I stopped reading Daniel's rankings after seeing his first 5.

A lot of people probably scoffed at his rankings, but Jeremiah is among the most tapped in as it pertains to how people around the league view prospects. I don't think it's gospel, but it's a good barometer. 

There are two teammates on this list who Jeremiah has higher than anyone else who will also be high on the Jets draft board. Both could very well be in play with the top two picks (assuming they trade down from #2). 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

A lot of people probably scoffed at his rankings, but Jeremiah is among the most tapped in as it pertains to how people around the league view prospects. I don't think it's gospel, but it's a good barometer. 

There are two teammates on this list who Jeremiah has higher than anyone else who will also be high on the Jets draft board. Both could very well be in play with the top two picks (assuming they trade down from #2). 

Pitts & Toney?

Rousseau & Phillips?

Slater & Newsome II?

Interesting. I'm going to say Slater & Newsome II.  

3 hours ago, Marshmello said:

Thoughts on drafting Kadarius Toney with the 23rd pick.  He would fit the system nicely. 

20) Kadarius Toney, WR

School: Florida | Year: Senior

Toney is a versatile, explosive playmaker. He lines up in the slot and does a lot of damage on fly sweeps and seam routes. His combination of play strength, burst and wiggle makes him difficult to get on the ground once the ball is in his hands. He doesn't run a wide variety of routes, but he has the skill set to develop in that area. He's dangerous in the return game because of his athleticism and lack of fear. Overall, Toney isn't quite as big as Deebo Samuel, but I envision him playing the same role at the next level.

He's a player who some Jets execs are verrrrrrry high on, and have been for a few months now

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

McShay sucks, though, and we know that Douglas tried to hire Jeremiah last year.

That's one way to put it. Another is, despite rumors to the contrary, Jeremiah was not hired by the Jets, and remains a TV scout just like mcshay. 

Not that work in the NFL requires genius. Adam Gase worked in the NFL until quite recently. It could be that both mcshay and Jeremiah are smart individuals, neither of them really know what Douglas is going to do.

Its incredible how quickly I'm seeing Fields slide waaaaaay down. A couple months ago there was talk of him going 2nd to Lawrence making up the best QB class in years. Blah end to the season and a pretty bad national champ game and now I'm seeing him projected as the 4th QB drafted. 

All this just reinforces my opinion that the "experts" don't have a clue when it comes to projecting QB prospects. 

2 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

You two see this?

Dude is 6'4 270 lb.

Definitely impressive but didn’t seem to translate to sacks.

i know this is only one guy but this is the first list i have seen that doesnt have Penei Sewell as the top lineman. a few more draft guys have Slater over Sewell and we will start hearing.

we need Slater!!! hes the best Tackle in the draft!!!... LMAO

10 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Definitely impressive but didn’t seem to translate to sacks.

You can't draft what's not there and this year there's no Chase Young. Maybe Rousseau is interesting at 2 if he measures like this dude from Florida State did yesterday but probably not. Beyond that there are lots of options. Four of the top five guys on Feldman's list this year were ends.

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think it had more to do with Jeremiah getting $1.4 million at NFLN.

I gotta be honest and call bullsh*t on that number 

McShay and Kiper make like 500k a year on ESPN 

The broke ass nfl network is not paying dj triple Kiper salary for commenting on 40 yard dashes 

The NFL network has the worst commercials. They sell like my pillow type of direct consumer trash. ESPN is owned by Disney 

Show me the receipts and not that 1 site that estimates his net worth (mcshay is estimated at 2 million on the same site) 

10 hours ago, doitny said:

i know this is only one guy but this is the first list i have seen that doesnt have Penei Sewell as the top lineman. a few more draft guys have Slater over Sewell and we will start hearing.

we need Slater!!! hes the best Tackle in the draft!!!... LMAO

Slater is 6'3" (guard possible) and also sat out for a year like Sewell. I don't see the advantage, unless there's something terrible medical we don't know about Sewell 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I gotta be honest and call bullsh*t on that number 

McShay and Kiper make like 500k a year on ESPN 

The broke ass nfl network is not paying dj triple Kiper salary for commenting on 40 yard dashes 

The NFL network has the worst commercials. They sell like my pillow type of direct consumer trash. ESPN is owned by Disney 

Show me the receipts and not that 1 site that estimates his net worth (mcshay is estimated at 2 million on the same site) 

No idea if that number is true but DJ works year round unlike Kiper that comes out of his hole once draft starts.

5 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

No idea if that number is true but DJ works year round unlike Kiper that comes out of his hole once draft starts.

McShay works all year calling cfb games as well. I like Daniel Jeremiah but don't understand how he's worth 3x mcshay. That's like Rex Ryan money 

3 hours ago, BCJet said:

I trust your draft thoughts, but can you expand on how Pitts would be an actual TE not simply a bigger WR?

Thanks, and I'm so glad you asked.... It's going to be a long 3 months of talking about TEs :)

This is what the Eagles (Ertz+Goedert) won their SB with, and NE as well during their 2011 run (Hernandez+Gronk)

At this point, Pitts will not be your inline guy (often Y, but not always). Often teams will designate the F tight end, or Joker to around pre snap as well, line up even in a HBack formation or flex out. Herndon (if he's even still here) used to line up at Y more often with Njoku at F/H at MIA.... so he can resume that role. 

12+PERSONNEL+FORMATIONS+(1+RB,+2+TE,+2+W

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

Slater is 6'3" (guard possible) and also sat out for a year like Sewell. I don't see the advantage, unless there's something terrible medical we don't know about Sewell 

There don't have to be unknown unknowns. The simplest explanation is that you are just wrong about Sewell being singularly immune to heightened perceived risk due to opting out.