Rich Cimini vs Conner Hughes on if the Jets will draft a QB

Jetsbb

They both claim to have inside sources yet they come to 2 diametrically different thoughts on what will happen.

Statements made this week:

Connor Hughes

BrooklynRob11: In your opinion, who is under center for the Jets in Week 1?

HUGHES: Zach Wilson.

Rich Cimini

The Jets have two paths back to respectability: (1) Trade for Deshaun Watson, who would be their best quarterback since Joe Namath. (2) Use their draft capital (four of the first 66 picks) to improve the roster, building around incumbent QB Sam Darnold. They can't do both because the price to get Watson could clean them out of premium draft picks. They could throw a curve and draft a quarterback with the second overall pick, but the early sense is that it will be Watson or option 2. If it's the latter, GM Joe Douglas needs to make the picks count. -- Rich Cimini

Skip to 48:30 for why Connor believes Jets will select Zach Wilson

1 minute ago, Jetsbb said:

They both claim to have inside sources yet they come to 2 diametrically different thoughts on what will happen.

Connor Hughes

Rich Cimini

The Jets have two paths back to respectability: (1) Trade for Deshaun Watson, who would be their best quarterback since Joe Namath. (2) Use their draft capital (four of the first 66 picks) to improve the roster, building around incumbent QB Sam Darnold. They can't do both because the price to get Watson could clean them out of premium draft picks. They could throw a curve and draft a quarterback with the second overall pick, but the early sense is that it will be Watson or option 2. If it's the latter, GM Joe Douglas needs to make the picks count. -- Rich Cimini

I think football guy and moggelz both have been saying it’s Darnold for weeks. Sure, if Watson shakes loose or someone offers a high first rounder for Sam things could change, but they aren’t drafting a QB this year. Trade down or take the tackle. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Connor Hughes

Rich Cimini

The Jets have 3 choices outlined by the 2 reporters. One reporter favors the first choice, drafting a QB and the other reporter favors one of the other 2 possibilities, trading for Watson or sticking with Darnold. They’re just guessing since the Jets still have work to do before they decide which is the best choice so there really is nothing to see here. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Wit said:

I think football guy and moggelz both have been saying it’s Darnold for weeks. Sure, if Watson shakes loose or someone offers a high first rounder for Sam things could change, but they aren’t drafting a QB this year. Trade down or take the tackle. 

You are putting way to much confidence in what anonymous message board posters say.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Jetsbb said:

You are putting way to much confidence in what anonymous message board posters say.

It’s also the logical choice. Build a team around a QB, if it doesn’t work out draft one next year or trade for one. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

7 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Connor Hughes

Rich Cimini

I heard Cimini on the radio this past week saying that he thinks the Jets drafting Wilson is more likely than a trade for Watson.

• Upvote 1

Just now, docdhc said:

The Jets have 3 choices outlined by the 2 reporters. One reporter favors the first choice, drafting a QB and the other reporter favors one of the other 2 possibilities, trading for Watson or sticking with Darnold. They’re just guessing since the Jets still have work to do before they decide which is the best choice so there really is nothing to see here. 

Cimini and Hughes claim they aren't guessing. Its the conclusion they come to from what they are "hearing."

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

For me it's Watson or Wilson, I just have a hard time seeing the 32nd ranked QB becoming the top 10 QB we need to win a SB.

So why is Cimini saying they are going to stick with the bad QB instead of drafting a top tier QB in the first round? I fear we may have put to much confidence into Joe Douglas.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I actually am starting to believe it's what rich says. Sigh.

All I know is if we dont get Watson and we dont draft a QB and Darnold stinks up the joint and a QB we could have had at 2 plays well,  the unearned love affair fans have with Douglas will end quickly.

Plus 1000!!! This will happen btw. The odds are extremely high at least one of Wilson or Fields lights it up while Darnold is who he has been the past three years. What a wasted opportunity. Its disgusting and I will never forgive Douglas for it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Pac said:

Cimini was covering the Jets when Connor was pulling his pud as a teenager.

Richs sauces > Connahs

Neither one seems to have any sources in JD's FO to be honest, we've heard nothing from them before it happened

Football guy has leaked more accurately than them thus far.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I actually am starting to believe it's what rich says. Sigh.

All I know is if we dont get Watson and we dont draft a QB and Darnold stinks up the joint and a QB we could have had at 2 plays well,  the unearned love affair fans have with Douglas will end quickly.

It also paints Douglas as incompetent this season if he wants to stick to Darnold with what he gave Darnold to work with last season.

If it's all part of JD's grand tear-down then fine. It is what it is. Otherwise, I agree with you 100%. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Icer said:

Neither one seems to have any sources in JD's FO to be honest, we've heard nothing from them before it happened

Football guy has leaked more accurately than them thus far.

With respect to football guy, he hasn't said anything that isn't pretty obvious.

Not saying he doesn't have a sauce, just that what he's said thus far aren't exactly revelations.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, undertow said:

I think people have a hard time telling the difference between a opinion and actually having a source.

If you listened to Connors podcast its the conclusion he makes from talking to sources. When Rich Cimini says "early sense" its code word for what he is hearing. This is not guessing from out of the blue.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsbb said:

If you listened to Connors podcast its the conclusion he makes from talking to sources. When Rich Cimini says "early sense" its code wors for what he is hearing. This is not guessing from out of the blue.

When people say "i'm hearing" or "early sense" I just assume they are talking out of their asses.  It's click bait framed as information imo.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

So why is Cimini saying they are going to stick with the bad QB instead of drafting a top tier QB in the first round? I fear we may have put to much confidence into Joe Douglas.

Many ways to skin a cat, they can run it back with Sam if they want. Hope you can turn him around with all the assets you have this year and then if it doesn't work out use your 3 firsts next year to go get a QB.

My biggest issue is that I don't want to repeat 2017 again. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

21 minutes ago, Pac said:

With respect to football guy, he hasn't said anything that isn't pretty obvious.

Not saying he doesn't have a sauce, just that what he's said thus far aren't exactly revelations.

Ummmm sorry

FYI ......we went down this rabbit hole before and Max the grand pooba himself vetted @football guy    That doesn’t mean everything he says will be gospel but it does mean he isn’t making it up either.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmm sorry

FYI ......we went down this rabbit hole before and Max the grand pooba himself vetted @football guy    That doesn’t mean everything he says will be gospel but it does mean he isn’t making it up either.  

Charles - I just said I don't doubt he has a source.  I'm saying everything he's revealed is what I've been thinking all along from what I've read and what strikes me as logical.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Charles - I just said I don't doubt he has a source.  I'm saying everything he's revealed is what I've been thinking all along from what I've read and what strikes me as logical.

I hear you!!

You are 100% on Point!!!

Just trying to protect him some.  People insulted him for awhile out here and it  got a o little ugly

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

I hear you!!

You are 100% on Point!!!

Just trying to protect him some.  People insulted him for awhile out here and it  got a o little ugly

I read the threads..  2 in particular were semi-bashing.  Given their highly questionable takes I didn't really pay them any mind.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

I just categorically disagree that I've shared things that weren't obvious. I specifically posted things that I was told because they weren't obvious. In fact, very often they countered what the public perception/betting odds were. 

Hi I'm Pac..  I get bashed on this site almost every day for posting opinions that counter public perception and betting odds.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

Statements made this week:

Connor Hughes

Rich Cimini

Cimini would have a better sense of what they are thinking imo.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Pac said:

Hi I'm Pac..  I get bashed on this site almost every day for posting opinions that counter public perception and betting odds.

If your opinions suck then you deserve to get bashed for them. When I'm told things directly from people who work in the front office, go out of my way to share it on here and get bashed for it, then continue try to defend myself by sharing more detail than I should whether it be screenshots or sharing my sources with a mod, watch the things that I've repeatedly been told unfold publicly despite it going against the "popular narrative" yet still get accused of sharing obvious info, yes it's irritating. I'm not sharing for "cred". I just want to talk Jets. And I want to talk realistic things Jets, not sensationalist fantasies. 

My opinions are separate from sourcework. No problem if people want to attack my opinions, but I don't appreciate when people discredit when I share actual info just because it doesn't fit their worldview. Grow up

• Upvote 1