Rich Cimini vs Conner Hughes on if the Jets will draft a QB

Jetsbb

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

I would agree. I think Connor is great but I get the sense he's chosen this hill to die on because of all the anti-Darnold stories he published in the wake of Lawrence looking realistic. 

Agreed, I like Connor a lot as well. Cimini is tapped into some ESPN sources as well so that is why I bet on him.

22 minutes ago, football guy said:

If your opinions suck then you deserve to get bashed for them. When I'm told things directly from people who work in the front office, go out of my way to share it on here and get bashed for it, then continue try to defend myself by sharing more detail than I should whether it be screenshots or sharing my sources with a mod, watch the things that I've repeatedly been told unfold publicly despite it going against the "popular narrative" yet still get accused of sharing obvious info, yes it's irritating. I'm not sharing for "cred". I just want to talk Jets. And I want to talk realistic things Jets, not sensationalist fantasies. 

My opinions are separate from sourcework. No problem if people want to attack my opinions, but I don't appreciate when people discredit when I share actual info just because it doesn't fit their worldview. Grow up

You have to be without a doubt the thinnest-skinned poster I have ever seen on these forums.

I said I have no doubt you have a source and that I enjoy you bashing the haters but because I don't curtsy for you I need to "grow up".  Get lost kid.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I had believed for weeks that the Jets were leaning towards rolling with Darnold, but the rumors of them calling about Stafford make it clear to be me that, as much as they obviously like Darnold, they aren’t sold on him (how could they be?).

My point is - no one knows what the Jets are going to do at QB for sure  - including the Jets!  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Again they both have said essentially same thing, the Jets are not against keeping  Darnold, but they are going to, as an organization, do their due diligence and if they can move on from Darnold they will; but the Jets don’t think that Sam Darnold sucks despite his stats, lack of wins and bone head plays.  

LOL

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Pac said:

You have to be without a doubt the thinnest-skinned poster I have ever seen on these forums.

I said I have no doubt you have a source and that I enjoy you bashing the haters but because I don't curtsy for you I need to "grow up".  Get lost kid.

You don't even have the balls to tag me when talking about me, yet I'm thin skinned for defending myself? 

Stop being a child

1 hour ago, football guy said:

I would agree. I think Connor is great but I get the sense he's chosen this hill to die on because of all the anti-Darnold stories he published in the wake of Lawrence looking realistic. 

If the Jets do choose to ride Sam and trade down, the salt that will radiate from Connor might match his “I can’t believe the Jets fired my source, they’re absolute clowns” levels.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Skip to 48:30 for why Connor believes Jets will select Zach Wilson

So basically he hears that Wilson is a good fit for the Shanahan offense from people who don't work from the Jets, and because of this, they will ultimately take him? Hey I love Zach Wilson as much as the next guy, but this is a lazy take by Connor. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If the Jets do choose to ride Sam and trade down, the salt that will radiate from Connor might match his “I can’t believe the Jets fired my source, they’re absolute clowns” levels.

He's been lazy this offseason. I don't know how people can watch those pods and believe wholeheartedly that he's reporting. His colleagues ask him questions point-blank and he gives round-about answers. But we're making things up. Got it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Cimini and Hughes claim they aren't guessing. Its the conclusion they come to from what they are "hearing."

It’s hard for me to believe the Jets have made up their minds this early in the process. They have a new coaching staff which has to watch a lot of film and hasn’t even met Darnold in person let alone interview any draft choice possibilities. Houston has a complete new regime and is still deciding what to do with Watson as well so going all in for him still carries an uncertain cost. That’s why it would be irresponsible to have decided exactly what they are doing before free agency and the draft process really gets going so no matter what the reporters are hearing I think it’s still guesswork. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, football guy said:

So basically he hears that Wilson is a good fit for the Shanahan offense from people who don't work from the Jets, and because of this, they will ultimately take him? Hey I love Zach Wilson as much as the next guy, but this is a lazy take by Connor. 

He is giving Joe Douglas credit that he will choose the best option for the Jets. From everything he is hearing Zach Wilson is obviously the best option so by extension Joe will not make the stupid mistake of sticking with a QB who has failed going into his 4th year. Unfortunately I am not as confident Connor is that Joe Douglas wont screw this up. I predicted right when we lost out on Trevor that Joe will go the alternate route instead of drafting a lesser QB so as to comfort himself that losing out on Trevor wasn't a disaster. He will rationalize that trading down and stocking up on talent at other positions will be even better than Trevor. No way will he throw in the towel and draft the #2 QB on the board and thereby acknowledge that not tanking the last few games like the Jets fan base was begging was an atrocious mistake. 

5 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

He is giving Joe Douglas credit that he will choose the best option for the Jets. From everything he is hearing Zach Wilson is obviously the best option so by extension Joe will not make the stupid mistake of sticking with a QB who has failed going into his 4th year. Unfortunately I am not as confident Connor is that Joe Douglas wont screw this up. I predicted right when we lost out on Trevor that Joe will go the alternate route instead of drafting a lesser QB so as to comfort himself that losing out on Trevor wasn't a disaster. He will rationalize that trading down and stocking up on talent at other positions will be even better than Trevor. No way will he throw in the towel and draft the #2 QB on the board and thereby acknowledge that not tanking the last few games like the Jets fan base was begging was an atrocious mistake. 

I don't think it's so clear cut nor do I think it's fair to say he'd be screwing it up. You can have an opinion which way is the right/wrong way, but one way or another need to let it play out. What appears to be obvious today can easily be obviously not tomorrow. Many of the same fans criticizing such a decision would criticize him if Wilson/Fields bust and Darnold looks like a stud elsewhere. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, football guy said:

First i like Connor I really really do! 

Yet what concerns me is that Connor doesn’t know what happened behind closed doors that are leading some in the Jets organization to say that Darnold is salvageable. 

None of us fully do!

Some say we should move on; I get it. However just because some, want to say keep Darnold, trade down and draft Trey Lance doesn’t make them crazy.  

6 hours ago, Bugg said:

There's no upside to badmouthing Darnold. Better for teams to think the Jets like Darnold a bunch. This could go right up to the draft, What ever Douglas is saying or thinking right now many change between now and the raft. And change several times. 

A lot of teams like Darnold. That's why they're calling the Jet's about him. S o why would it be a surprise the Jet's like him also

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Pac said:

Cimini was covering the Jets when Connor was pulling his pud as a teenager.

Richs sauces > Connahs

For real, I dont get this love for Connor, seems like a total goober who doesnt know his ass from his elbow.  I guess he's "informed" but his takes are stupid and often way off and I question if even watches the games.

9 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

You are putting way to much confidence in what anonymous message board posters say.

What you didnt appreciate the hot take that Jets were interested in a hot coaching candidate? I for one, was blown away by this inside scoop. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

@Mogglez and @football guy both have been outstanding with what they have provided this board————for anyone to come out here and trash them cause they are not following the narrative they want is preposterous.  

Again they both have said essentially same thing, the Jets are not against keeping  Darnold, but they are going to, as an organization, do their due diligence and if they can move on from Darnold they will; but the Jets don’t think that Sam Darnold sucks despite his stats, lack of wins and bone head plays.  

I got some hot scoop for you bro, the Jets may or may not, go with Sam Darnold.  They also might draft a QB.  Or possibly trade back.  Or maybe trade for Watson.  It's definitely one of the above though

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, football guy said:

If your opinions suck then you deserve to get bashed for them. When I'm told things directly from people who work in the front office, go out of my way to share it on here and get bashed for it, then continue try to defend myself by sharing more detail than I should whether it be screenshots or sharing my sources with a mod, watch the things that I've repeatedly been told unfold publicly despite it going against the "popular narrative" yet still get accused of sharing obvious info, yes it's irritating. I'm not sharing for "cred". I just want to talk Jets. And I want to talk realistic things Jets, not sensationalist fantasies. 

My opinions are separate from sourcework. No problem if people want to attack my opinions, but I don't appreciate when people discredit when I share actual info just because it doesn't fit their worldview. Grow up

Have you been able to change your sources mind in getting Watson yet? ?

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I got some hot scoop for you bro, the Jets may or may not, go with Sam Darnold.  They also might draft a QB.  Or possibly trade back.  Or maybe trade for Watson.  It's definitely one of the above though

I've put my name and even odds on this, as well as state a specific team/compensation I expect the Jets to get in return for #2. Don't lump me into this category. 

6 hours ago, docdhc said:

It’s hard for me to believe the Jets have made up their minds this early in the process. They have a new coaching staff which has to watch a lot of film and hasn’t even met Darnold in person let alone interview any draft choice possibilities. Houston has a complete new regime and is still deciding what to do with Watson as well so going all in for him still carries an uncertain cost. That’s why it would be irresponsible to have decided exactly what they are doing before free agency and the draft process really gets going so no matter what the reporters are hearing I think it’s still guesswork. 

Please... some people typed words here obviously holds more weight than common sense. 

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Lol hey there's a lot of blame to be put on the Jets, but this ain't it. There's no mind to change other than the Texans, and I don't think they will change their mind

You are getting no credit for having been saying this for weeks and weeks. I still think if he’s sits out a year and Darnold sucks the Jets are in good position to trade for him next year if they trade down and get some extra picks next year. 

(No one really knows what the Jets are going to do at QB because the situation is fluid and it serves no one to make any information about it publicly available. There’s maybe two guys in the Jets building that know if they have a shot at Watson, or if they think Sam is redeemable, and they’re not sharing that info with the types of low-rung weasels that would leak it to Rich Cimini or Mogglez or football guy). 

• Haha 2