Watson documenting his off-season drama?

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

*looks at thread title*

Well, I look at pretty much every thread on JetNation as how it affects the NY Jets. - I thought that's why we're hear.  Everything I post comes at it from that lens.  My mistake for making that assumption.

I stand by the fact that I think it would be a mistake to give up so much to bring in DW and that this documentary, whatever it ends up being, makes signing him more precarious.  IMO, just announcing it exist is concerning.

If you, or others, choose to take a self-righteous position that my opinion is somehow racist - have at it. 

I can't stop you, but it's a very serious accusation and I find it incredibly offensive, unwarranted and frankly, sad, to see a place on which I truly enjoying spending time, take such an ugly turn.  

Again, believe whatever you want, I'm done discussing it.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, JiF said:

Fair and I'm not backing down from it.  My comment 100% implied race was a factor but it was a general comment that included many factors ie; you dont like athletes doing stuff like this.  Again, I gave examples of how all QB's are divas and this sh*t has been happening for years.  Michael Jordan just released an entire series where he documented his final year/controversy vs. the Bulls where he called out the organization and multiple teammates and it was loved and adored by all.

It bothers me that he's being painted as a villain for this and yes, admittedly, he's my favorite player in the NFL so I do get defensive with him at times and this thread is ridiculously petty and self righteous and biased and stupid. 

Is it a coincidence that the desert choice at the NFL owners meeting is Apple strudel and Black Forest Cake?  

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, let him go be a top 5 QB in Miami for the next decade.  That sounds fun.

No one will remember this documentary 6 months from now.  People keep saying Watson has no leverage over Houston. This is how players have to create leverage. It’s ugly, yes, but it works.  And it will work out for both Watson and the team that acquires him as well.

One thing is for sure:  Watson isn’t playing another snap for Houston ever again, regardless.

If hes a top 5 QB in miami surrounded by air because they cant afford any talen around him .. id be fine with that and his sub 8-8 record. If there is a way to afford him and still have a talented roster ..,. I'd want him on the Jets.

Edited by Dunnie

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Well, I look at pretty much every thread on JetNation as how it affects the NY Jets. - I thought that's why we're hear.  Everything I post comes at it from that lens.  My mistake for making that assumption.

I stand by the fact that I think it would be a mistake to give up so much to bring in DW and that this documentary, whatever it ends up being, makes signing him more precarious.  IMO, just announcing it exist is concerning.

If you, or others, choose to take a self-righteous position that my opinion is somehow racist - have at it. 

I can't stop you, but it's a very serious accusation and I find it incredibly offensive, unwarranted and frankly, sad, to see a place on which I truly enjoying spending time, take such an ugly turn.  

Again, believe whatever you want, I'm done discussing it.

You chose to be defensive as if you were singled out. You weren’t. 

You chose to deflect with smart Alec replies. Suggesting you know exactly what’s going on here.

Now you’re playing victim? Spare me.

Spongebob Squarepants Worlds Smallest Violin GIF

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

A year after signing a very lucrative extension he needs to shoot his way out of town? He shouldn't have signed the extension then. It's a bad look. Reminds me of Carmelo Anthony shooting his way out of Denver, and he's my guy...look up how much money Carmelo has given back to his communities off the field. Bottom line what an athlete does with his/her money off the field doesn’t absolve them of acting unprofessional towards the team cutting the checks. He signs a lucrative contract extension then 1 year later he's unhappy, demands a trade, and allegedly he's making a documentary about it because he wasn't involved in the hiring if the next GM and head coach. It's hard to not be turned off by his behavior looking for an escape hatch when the franchise is in a vulnerable position. 

So we're ignoring that things went from "not great" to "unmitigated disaster" in Houston in the span of 6 months?  OK then.

Teams sign with teams or situations that are bad all the time.  This isn't just bad.  This is completely untenable, toxic, creepy, and the league needs to get involved.  It's that bad in Houston, and it got that way very quickly.  

No one should begrudge Watson for going ahead and getting that bag when he could.  QB's hitting the open market just isn't really a thing usually, and I do think Watson really liked being in Houston even if the org wasn't good.   But none of this should be a surprise to anyone who sees what's happening with the Texans.  It's absurd to put the criticism on Watson for this.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I agree he wants to do something to get/force Houston to trade him, except I don't think this helps -- unless it's shown that nothing in his vids is designed to humiliate the owner. It may be nothing to you, but it's not far-fetched for another owner to worry he might be next, where there might always be a recording device every time he thinks he's speaking privately to Watson (e.g. in the event Watson wants a raise and the team doesn't want to give it). Based on today's info it's not an illegitimate concern.

Again, I don't gaf how bad he makes McNair look. I'd love for Watson to be the Jets' QB and don't find this helpful with this minimal amount leaked.

From a PR perspective it'd be better to release his videos in full, to show that they're about himself not McNair, or to leak nothing at this time & leave prospective trade partners worrying. 

Basically he needs to demonstrate he is staunch in never playing another snap for Houston again.  Actions like these should show Houston he's serious about that threat. 

Houston needs Watson more than Watson needs Houston, so that's where his leverage lies.  They need him on the field.  

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Basically he needs to demonstrate he is staunch in never playing another snap for Houston again.  Actions like these should show Houston he's serious about that threat. 

Houston needs Watson more than Watson needs Houston, so that's where his leverage lies.  They need him on the field.  

Again, I agree it shows that he wants out. It's also something that could quite easily make another team shy away from making the type of offer Houston requires.

I'd love to add Watson, am ok with the Jets forking over more than many would, and couldn't give two craps about McNair getting humiliated.

But if there's any chance the Jets might've made an offer and this made Woody step in to veto it (or similar with another team)? It's not far-fetched, until such time that he shows he's not been accumulating dirt on the Texans' team owner, now that this much has been leaked.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Fair and I'm not backing down from it.  My comment 100% implied race was a factor but it was a general comment that included many factors ie; you dont like athletes doing stuff like this.  Again, I gave examples of how all QB's are divas and this sh*t has been happening for years.  Michael Jordan just released an entire series where he documented his final year/controversy vs. the Bulls where he called out the organization and multiple teammates and it was loved and adored by all.

It bothers me that he's being painted as a villain for this and yes, admittedly, he's my favorite player in the NFL so I do get defensive with him at times and this thread is ridiculously petty and self righteous and biased and stupid. 

Question Jif say Watson was a Jet and he was pissed about a 2-14 season and said I've had it with this organization and I want to be traded to either the Pats or Fins.. Would you be saying I don't blame him he has every right to want out even with the contract he signed.. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Question Jif say Watson was a Jet and he was pissed about a 2-14 season and said I've had it with this organization and I want to be traded to either the Pats or Fins.. Would you be saying I don't blame him he has every right to want out even with the contract he signed.. 

But that's not what happening.  This isnt just about his 4-12 season.  He's not demanding a trade because of their record.  This about the organization being an untrustworthy cult of idiots, so yes, I would 100% support him.  But then again, I cant see why anyone would willing want to play for the NY Jets, so I'm probably biased but in real life, I've been sold a bill of goods and had a full on bait and switch happen with employers and have left accordingly  So, yeah, I understand it totally.  It's not like the Texans would ever be unconditionally loyal to him, so why should he?

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

But that's not what happening.  This isnt just about his 4-12 season.  He's not demanding a trade because of their record.  This about the organization being an untrustworthy cult of idiots, so yes, I would 100% support him.  But then again, I cant see why anyone would willing want to play for the NY Jets, so I'm probably biased but in real life, I've been sold a bill of goods and had a full on bait and switch happen with employers and have left accordingly  So, yeah, I understand it totally.  It's not like the Texans would ever be unconditionally loyal to him, so why should he?

So you would be happy with the Fins or panthers for him since he's your favorite player and you want the best for him.. Your a good man Jif..:cheers:

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

So you would be happy with the Fins or panthers for him since he's your favorite player and you want the best for him.. Your a good man Jif..:cheers:

Oh yeah, I'm on record.  I see it all playing out.

Watson to Miami

Fields to New England

Jets draft Wilson

It will be so groovy!

23 hours ago, JiF said:

The untrusty cult of idiots is his view, his opinion.  It’s not fact, like you and others make it seem.  Look at Jamals view of the Jets; is that fact because he said so? No. 

like I said I would be concerned by this especially if I was joe Douglas but at the same time, I can understand why, in this case, he would want to document things.  Hope it’s more than not having. Say in the cos hand gm

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

The untrusty cult of idiots is his view, his opinion.  It’s not fact, like you and others make it seem.  Look at Jamals view of the Jets; is that fact because he said so? No

wait, what?  lol.   Players are coming out left and right talking about how their idiots, including JJ Watt.  So like it seems to be fact.

And yes, Jamal was 100% right and yes, it was 100% fact.  Gase was a moron and they didnt wan to win last year.  He wanted off.  Just because he's a dbag doesnt change the fact he was right about the situation.

10 hours ago, JiF said:

wait, what?  lol.   Players are coming out left and right talking about how their idiots, including JJ Watt.  So like it seems to be fact.

And yes, Jamal was 100% right and yes, it was 100% fact.  Gase was a moron and they didnt wan to win last year.  He wanted off.  Just because he's a dbag doesnt change the fact he was right about the situation.

You actually defend jamals behavior? 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JiF said:

'wait wut' is really well put after this one regarding jamal being right in his actions.  This is a very big wait wut.

Due process and all that, but this is going to end up with Watson looking like a sympathetic figure and a big, fat sharpie line connecting Buzbee to McNair and Easterby. Who knows if Buzbee is acting of his own accord, but it’s too easy to write a story, with minimal legwork, about this being a collusive effort, and will end up with Goodell having to step in to protect the shield. Watson should file suit against the Texans for defamation and see what shakes out. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Due process and all that, but this is going to end up with Watson looking like a sympathetic figure and a big, fat sharpie line connecting Buzbee to McNair and Easterby. Who knows if Buzbee is acting of his own accord, but it’s too easy to write a story, with minimal legwork, about this being a collusive effort, and will end up with Goodell having to step in to protect the shield. Watson should file suit against the Texans for defamation and see what shakes out. 

This is about to get extremely ugly either way it goes but if they investigate and find out that McNair is behind this... let’s just say a SERIES of things including the trade are going to happen. It might even wreck their trade leverage.

On 3/15/2021 at 6:14 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

He already has done that.  The Texans management is lost in space they don’t care and now that the lions robbed the Rams of 2 first round picks only God knows what Easterby wants for Watson who is way younger and better than Stafford

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

This is about to get extremely ugly either way it goes but if they investigate and find out that McNair is behind this... let’s just say a SERIES of things including the trade are going to happen. It might even wreck their trade leverage.

If McNair is proven to have actively promoted or financed this, Watson is going to sue him into oblivion. And, honestly, given the creep sh*t being reported about McNair and Easterby, it’s not too far a leap to believe they had a hand in this.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

'wait wut' is really well put after this one regarding jamal being right in his actions.  This is a very big wait wut.

Never said that, not sure why guys are so butt hurt that you're putting words in my mouth.  I said I support him wanting to leave.  He was right.  This organization is a joke and Gase is a loser.  Just because he handled it like dbag doesnt make his motivation to leave wrong.

Pretty simple concept to grasp.

1 minute ago, freestater said:

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

How long you been following this team?  You know this is happening.  Without a shadow of a doubt.  

3 alpha male, elite athletes, stud bad asses with balls the size of watermelons battling for the division and the Jets will be rolling out prepubescent Zach Wilson!  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JiF said:

How long you been following this team?  You know this is happening.  Without a shadow of a doubt.  

3 alpha male, elite athletes, stud bad asses with balls the size of watermelons battling for the division and the Jets will be rolling out prepubescent Zach Wilson!  

I completely agree. There will be 3 top tier QBs in the division, and Dimples McTwink. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

He already has done that.  The Texans management is lost in space they don’t care and now that the lions robbed the Rams of 2 first round picks only God knows what Easterby wants for Watson who is way younger and better than Stafford

The Stafford/Goff deal has very little to do with Watson.  DET got those picks in large part for taking back Goff's albatross of a contract.  Stafford's isolated value in a trade is less than that, whatever the actual number.  I suspect you know that but you conveniently ignored it to pad your position.  

As for what this does to the value of a trade, it is hard to say.  If it comes out this suit is largely baseless, it will certainly increase Watson's leverage that he'll never play for the McNair's since this attorney has ties to them.  So it undermines HOU's position that they won't trade him.  But this also increases the urgency that they really do need to complete a trade ASAP, ideally prior to the draft.  That should lower the eventual value unless this spins into a clear bidding war.

As for the theory that it's a cover to justify trading him to NE for a lower value, given the history of both franchises, it's hard to completely dismiss that but that is a dangerous game for all.  All it would take is for another team to go public with a clearly better offer and I could see some serious repercussions following, including an NFL investigation that could threaten both owners.  If there was even a sniff of that, I would expect Watson to just dig his heels in and refuse to play for NE in that case.  What a movie that would make though.

8 minutes ago, freestater said:

I completely agree

You throwing all the Jets past on Joe Douglas? Last I heard the owners are allowing him to run this team as he sees fit. It's easy to be habitually negative as a Jets fan though. It's a defense mechanism after years of disappointment. I'm going to remain open minded for this current regime and give them a fair shake. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Never said that, not sure why guys are so butt hurt that you're putting words in my mouth.  I said I support him wanting to leave.  He was right.  This organization is a joke and Gase is a loser.  Just because he handled it like dbag doesnt make his motivation to leave wrong.

So teams  that lose is justification for guys to blab incessantly and  essentially demand a trade with multiple years left in a contract?  Got it.  Can’t wait for that nfl to take hold.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Cant blame the guy for wanting to leave and be part  of a winning organization. Especially because he’s 100% incapable of pushing the needle with his style of play. Once Seattle trades Wilson he’ll be ready to move again. Smart kid, douchebag and as overrated as they come. He’s marketed himself and developed his brand based on very little to support it as good as anyone I’ve seen. Nobody can take that away from him. 

Just now, AlexVanDyke said:

So teams  that lose is justification for guys to blab incessantly and  essentially demand a trade with multiple years left in a contract?  Got it.  Can’t wait for that nfl to take hold.

Wasn’t just the losing record, it was the coach and Jamal’s  opinion of Jamal. He sees himself as a winner even though he’s never win anything. Kid can be a douche bag and justified at the same time. Well, as far as he’s concerned. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Wasn’t just the losing record, it was the coach and Jamal’s  opinion of Jamal. He sees himself as a winner even though he’s never win anything. Kid can be a douche bag and justified at the same time. Well, as far as he’s concerned. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

If it’s a single question of is he right for being frustrated and disappointed with the coach and losing etc, sure I can see that.  He was not right to behave like that and demand a trade the way he did.  I think this player empowerment stuff that everyone in the media and society is promostingbis ridiculous.  What happens the other side when these players underperform?  Guess what, teams are still on the hook to pay you. Works both ways