***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

43 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And for all the complaining about JDs drafting, AVT is much more important, serves a much bigger role and is more important a piece towards making this team better than Jamal Adams ever would be.

Totally agree AVT is worlds better than Jamal. BUT I can't give credit to JD for 1st round picks when 90% of the forum could have done just as well if not better.

JD has had three 1st round picks:

- Right now it looks like Becton will turn out to be injured the majority of the time. It was a risky pick to begin with, hope I'm wrong.

- Zach - the jury is out but THUS FAR he looks like he's in way over his head and might not ever find his way.

- AVT - excellent pick. Building the OL foundation.

Good GM's make their money by PICKING starting productive players on days 2 and 3.

5 hours ago, MyFavoriteMartin28 said:

Becton, Bryce Hall, and Braden Mann

That’s one reliable starter. Becton will be out all season (just wait for the Saleh announcement in a few weeks) and mann is a very average punter. It’s also silly to waste a pick on a punter. So one guy he got. One, that’s Idzik type bad 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Totally agree AVT is worlds better than Jamal. BUT I can't give credit to JD for 1st round picks when 90% of the forum could have done just as well if not better.

- Right now it looks like Becton will turn out to be injured the majority of the time. It was a risky pick to begin with, hope I'm wrong.

- Zach - the jury is out but THUS FAR he looks like he's in way over his head and might not ever find his way.

Good GM's make their money by PICKING starting productive players on days 2 and 3.

Is that 2 to 3 games? 5 games in Zach is lost?, the lil prick won rookie of the week while learning the position, the DB's he's picked aren't looking to shabby, AVT a stud...LaFleur's thus far keeping Mims off the field, but who knows...some picks sucked for sure, every gm including Ozzie newsome picked some duds... but I'm seeing people like the m carters both of them, looking good, have we given up on Moore already? Rome wasn't built in a day... 

• Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

If Becton comes back and plays to his ceiling, landing a starting LT and a starting CB in your first draft is a success by every measure.

So if two starters a draft (one who is hurt more then he is healthy) is the standard guess this team may come around circa 2028

Solid strategy 

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

Parcells showed us you can inherit a bad team and use a plan to have them competing for a championship right away  and even leave the team with a foundation behind as well

To compare the team that Parcells inherited, to the team Douglas inherited is laughable. Parcells inherited a team that had infinite more talent.

Say what you want about JD, and ok. But let's keep the conversation real

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Are you the type of guy who shows up at a construction site and yells at the workers because they are only done with the foundation and first floor? Joe Douglas took over a failure of a regime. Of course there will be some losses. It takes years to rebuild a decimated team. 

Are you the type of guy who lets the contractor get away with using below spec rebar in the foundation?

• Sympathy 1

55 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

So if two starters a draft (one who is hurt more then he is healthy) is the standard guess this team may come around circa 2028

Solid strategy 

2020 will get you 3 starters by next year (Mims) and possibly a 4th with Davis who is playing now.

2021 has 3 guys already. AVT, CB Carter and Echols playing well. hopefully by seasons end we can add Wilson RB Carter and Moore. though i think Moore and Mims will be big guys next year.

sorry if Wilson hasn't be Justin Herbert from day1. or Carter isn't Henry after 5 games. but these drafts are far from being done

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Your choice of hills to die on are unbelievably bad - Adam Gase, the 7-9 record in 2019, Jamal Adams.  I'm with Jet Nut above. Either your posts in this thread the past 2 days are you joking and trolling to get a rise, or you have no clue about football and building a team at all.  It is universally understood that Gase was a terrible coach.  The 7-9 record in 2019 was followed by last season's 2-14 disaster. And the entire NFL is pointing out now that the Jets completely fleeced the Seahawks.  You are becoming a caricature of yourself.  

7-9

2-14

1-16

PROGRESS!!!

SAR I

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

This isn’t some development QB camp or pee wee football league. Why do I need to keep explaining this to people.

Because Joe Douglas can’t pick players and they don’t want to face the reality we have already accepted. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

JD has become the new Darnold.  Folks giving him every excuse in the book for his record.  

Lately, lots of people on here promote the idea that losing is to be expected and even welcomed.  After all, we're "rebuilding". "playing all rookies", "have the youngest roster", "Zeus is angry with out franchise", etc.  I don't agree.  JD put those players on the field so the results are on his watch.   That's the reality of being the GM.  

namathjmg.jpg

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

To compare the team that Parcells inherited, to the team Douglas inherited is laughable. Parcells inherited a team that had infinite more talent.

No. That talent sucked balls under Rich Kotite.

A talented head coach that demanded wins brought out that talent, an indictment on Robert Saleh but he’s got another month before we fly planes in his honor.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Solid strategy 

Just because JD picks two starters per draft you have to wonder how many other teams they'd start for.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

A talented head coach that demanded wins brought out that talent, an indictment on Robert Saleh but he’s got another month before we fly planes in his honor.

SAR I

This is the same bunch that flops onto the fainting couch when you tell them that Rex Ryan inherited a loaded roster that finished 9-7 and were Vegas favorites to go to the Super Bowl at one point the year prior.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

That’s one reliable starter. Becton will be out all season (just wait for the Saleh announcement in a few weeks) and mann is a very average punter. It’s also silly to waste a pick on a punter. So one guy he got. One, that’s Idzik type bad 

Becton was playing at an all pro level last season as a rookie so to completely just write him off as a hit because of some injuries in his second season is crazy. Also you can’t right off Mims yet either in my opinion all these guys are only 5 games into their second season. Who in your opinion is the best GM in the league?

People here talk about the Cardinals GM (Keim) as a guy who knows what he’s doing if JD had the same draft in 2018 as Keim did you guys would fire him. You guys are just insufferable there is not one GM who hits on every single pick he makes. I guarantee the hit rate is a lot less than 40% in draft picks for GMs. Let the man work he’s had 2 and half seasons. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Because Joe Douglas can’t pick players and they don’t want to face the reality we have already accepted. 

SAR I

When Woody wants basement bargain gm's this is what you get.

You get what you pay for. 

The same reason why you don't have a separate entrance to get to your seats like the suite psl ticket holders.  You get what you pay for !

8 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

The same reason why you don't have a separate entrance to get to your seats like the suite psl ticket holders.  You get what you pay for !

Joe Douglas gets $3 million a year for 6 years. The average GM makes between $1 to $3 million per year, and gets 4 to 5 year contracts. You could say many things about Woody, but cheap is not one of them.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

That fans think they can draft as well or better than actual GMs is one of those things that no one actuality can prove and really no one takes seriously.  And the other side of it is all the contributors on this defense and most of the players on roster are from day 2 & 3 picks.  We’re not the youngest team in the NFL because of first round picks

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

That fans think they can draft as well or better than actual GMs is one of those things that no one actuality can prove and really no one takes seriously.  And the other side of it is all the contributors on this defense and most of the players on roster are from day 2 & 3 picks.  We’re not the youngest team in the NFL because of first round picks

Obviously nobody can PROVE that they can draft as well as GM's but picking at the top of the 1st round is easy. Even then some GM's eff it up, like Gettlemen, Idzik and Macc  (I hope JD is not going to make that list). The draft gurus on this board would have picked much better players than those clowns.

JD has had three high 1st round picks and only AVT looks like he'll turn out to be an excellent pick. Becton is a question mark and was a big gamble by JD. Zach looks terrible and we all know the problems he had so far so I won't list them here. Again, I fully support Zach and hope like hell he turns it around and plays like a FQB.

It's day 2 & 3 where good GM's find gems and fill out the roster. That's where the Jets need JD to shine.

• Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Parcells was 3-12-1 in his first season as head coach and started Mark Brunnel more often than Phil Simms.  You would have fired a future HOF coach with your infantile impatience.  Great job!  Your football acumen is off the charts.  Sometimes new coaches need to learn on the job.  By the time Parcells got to the Jets he had 16-17 seasons of experience and had coached in 3 SBs with  two other teams.  But you want to keep churning through coaches and GMs year after year, guaranteeing instability and losing.  If the Jets do not improve significantly by the end of 2022, Douglas and Saleh will likely be goners. Until then, even a semi-intelligent fan understands they deserve a chance to demonstrate that improvement.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

Who is the gold standard GM Woody should have paid ?  Name him please. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1