Do You Think Deshaun Watson Still An Option?

PCP63

Obviously, everything is up in the air with the allegations. Personally, after seeing the texts, I could see the allegations as either not being true, or one of them being true with the others hopping on just for settlements. That said, I have to wonder what the price would be to trade for him right now. Would HOU accept far less because of the chance he is guilty, and is suspended? If so, for us, is it worth the risk? 

This is all assuming you don't think Wilson is the guy.

25 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Obviously, everything is up in the air with the allegations. Personally, after seeing the texts, I could see the allegations as either not being true, or one of them being true with the others hopping on just for settlements. That said, I have to wonder what the price would be to trade for him right now. Would HOU accept far less because of the chance he is guilty, and is suspended? If so, for us, is it worth the risk? 

Not right now. But, if we trade the pick get a ton of picks for next couple years I can see Jets and Dolphins squaring off in a Steel Caged death match for his service next off season. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Not right now. But, if we trade the pick get a ton of picks for next couple years I can see Jets and Dolphins squaring off in a Steel Caged death match for his service next off season. 

The Johnsons would have to sell the team before you saw this...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

No, and he never was an option. JD's FA lack of spending should have been an obvious clue that he plans to build through draft and that he wasn't going to give up the picks needed for Watson. 

Lack of FA spending?  After rookies, I don't think there's much left at the moment. 

1 hour ago, PCP63 said:

I do not think he was even a consideration for JD even before the allegations. He basically said in his interview that he was unwilling to trade anywhere near what Houston wanted. If Houston came and offered Watson for #2 straight up? I think JD and the Jets would still say no because they love Wilson and they don't want to risk the allegations.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Ehh GIF by memecandy

That story has gone cold already, my dude. As reprehensible as you find the accusations, unless the cops get after it or one of the accusers wants to step up and share the Insta DMs, Watson is going to skate, sooner than later. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

50 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Tua will ball this year...Watson will be all yers...

• Haha 1