Darnold to the Panthers

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I think the biggest thing here is probably the Wilson preference.  It's just frustrating.  If we were talking about taking Justin Fields or even Trey Lance, I'd probably have a different tone.  

trey lance?  for a guy that's been harping on "one year wonder vs. crap opponents", how can you also say you'd want trey lance?  i understand the skepticism on wilson.  but to then advocate for a guy less proven who didn't even play in DI, that's seems awfully inconsistent

7 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

trey lance?  for a guy that's been harping on "one year wonder vs. crap opponents", how can you also say you'd want trey lance?  i understand the skepticism on wilson.  but to then advocate for a guy less proven who didn't even play in DI, that's seems awfully inconsistent

1 year for sure, I’m being hypocritical there but he’s a freak and I like that.  I’ve never harped on weak opponents, probably the least of my concerns.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

1 year for sure, I’m being hypocritical there but he’s a freak and I like that.  I’ve never harped on weak opponents, probably the least of my concerns.

fair enough.  and perhaps i confused you with different posters who discuss him playing "sisters of the poor"

1 hour ago, adobolo2 said:

Panters made a good welcome video

the video was 1:11. and 40 seconds of the video was actors and animation.

so only 31 seconds of good plays from Darnold. that sounds about right.

we should make a goodbye video of all his screw ups. it would be longer than watching all 3 of the  " lord of the rings " movies, back to back to back..lol

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

In case it hasn't been noted, this is the 2nd time Darnold has replaced Bridgewater at QB

but Bridgewater beat him here. i kind of feel bad for him. he keeps getting pushed out for sam when he is the better player.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

we should make a goodbye video of all his screw ups. it would be longer than watching all 3 of the  " lord of the rings " movies, back to back to back..lol

Post of the year!  Brilliant and hilariously funny because its true.

Well done!

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, doitny said:

but Bridgewater beat him here. i kind of feel bad for him. he keeps getting pushed out for sam when he is the better player.

Bridgewater would be the perfect....bridge....see what I did there? QB for Zachapono to sit behind for the entire season.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, STLuLu said:

What history are you going on that the Jets do well with late rounds draft pick? They don’t even do well with high draft picks. 

So what history are you going on in regards to the current Jets staff/GM?  Maccagnans history?  Idziks history?  Tannenbaums history? 

Which one or is it all three that determine how JDs late round draft picks work out?

• Sympathy 1

when sam flourishes which he will lots of folks will look silly-we are drafting a qb that is actually not as good as sam

Sam is probably thrilled to be with the panthers

great coach great oc-top 5 rb in football, great wr core a nice pass catching tight end and probably sewell to protect him

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, kmnj said:

when sam flourishes which he will lots of folks will look silly-we are drafting a qb that is actually not as good as sam

great coach great oc-top 5 rb in football, great wr core a nice pass catching tight end and probably sewell to protect him

This franchise never learns.  Another 3 years of a top draft pick qb with a crappy roster only this qb has no talent

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Post of the year!  Brilliant and hilariously funny because its true.

Well done!

Actually.

He averaged 12 games over 3 seasons and the average time an offense is on the field in live-action is 9 mins per game.

(9*(12*3))/60 = 5.4 hours
3 LOTR movies = 9+ hours

55 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Checkmate Wilson stans.

This is really awesome. 

Im more into stats bc I can't break down plays like some of guys here. In Hindsight why was it okay that Darnold had 36 turnovers in 27 career games? Even if you think he would improve on fumbles it was still 22 Int in 27 games. 

Those Qbase stats that should his chances of busting being so high make a ton of sense. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

This franchise never learns.  Another 3 years of a top draft pick qb with a crappy roster only this qb has no talent

the smart move was loading up with weapons around sam and seeing how he does-he is young and was a great prospect coming out of college-he was saddled with terrible inconsistent coaching and a terrible roster around him.  I cant believe how much folks especially ones that hated gase discount the impact of bad coaching and bad weapons has a on a qb.

A bad offensive core can ruin even a good or great qb-even brady looked like trash his last year in new england but when he had talent again in tampa even though a year older he won and looked very good

I wish Joe traded the two got tons of picks and gave same weapons and protection instead of going with the big  splash qb pick who will not have a good line, a good tight end or a good running back. If Sam failed this coming year then you grab a qb next year . The only QB I think is is a cant miss is Trevor.

12 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

This is really awesome. 

Im more into stats bc I can't break down plays like some of guys here. In Hindsight why was it okay that Darnold had 36 turnovers in 27 career games? Even if you think he would improve on fumbles it was still 22 Int in 27 games. 

Those Qbase stats that should his chances of busting being so high make a ton of sense. 

lets see how wilson does without a good line and no tight ends and terrible rbs at his disposal . At least he should have a better coach than Sam and a better wr core as well . Sam was as good if not better in college vs better competition

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

the coach went 5-11. how is he great? 

the OC made Bridgewater go backwards... how is he great?

im not a Gase fan but if sam does bad again, we all owe him a apology. 

Its expensive, but if the Jets can find a way to take Bridgewater off of Carolina's hands for maybe $10mm of the $17mm that he is owed, plus maybe a draft pick I think it would be worth it.

In 2022 Teddy can move on.  

But this would be the anti-Darnold approach, because Darnold would have cost $5mm extra to be a backup, and Teddy would cost $10mm plus Darnold's dead cap number.  

Otherwise Carolina is paying $17mm to keep TB around to make Darnold look bad.  

If Teddy restructured to a two year reasonable deal to back up Wilson at ~$10mm/per year, that would be even better.  

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So what history are you going on in regards to the current Jets staff/GM?  Maccagnans history?  Idziks history?  Tannenbaums history? 

Which one or is it all three that determine how JDs late round draft picks work out?

So you just believe in Douglas just because of...what? Dude has no history and has proven nothing so far so I'm just gonna go off the history of the Jets' front offfice making bad decisions and sucking. If you're that naive to believe the Jets will some how turn years of dysfunction into a dynasty before the start of the 2021 season, then I have 10,000 shares of Blockbuster video I would like to sell you only for a $1,000. You can't pass on this steal.

19 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

So you just believe in Douglas just because of...what? Dude has no history and has proven nothing so far so I'm just gonna go off the history of the Jets' front offfice making bad decisions and sucking. If you're that naive to believe the Jets will some how turn years of dysfunction into a dynasty before the start of the 2021 season, then I have 10,000 shares of Blockbuster video I would like to sell you only for a $1,000. You can't pass on this steal.

No history as a GM but a long history as a well-respected scout and then as a front office # 2 man, whom the Eagles hated to see go.  If you've noticed, the Eagles have become a mess ever since he left.  Maybe he contributed to things heading in the wrong direction.  But he did win a Super Bowl there.  As did the Ravens, twice, while he was there working his way up.

He's also established an actual chain of command here that seems to keep the Johnson's out of operations.  Something we've been hoping for for a long time.  

He's earned a bit of a benefit of the doubt.  

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No history as a GM but a long history as a well-respected scout and then as a front office # 2 man, whom the Eagles hated to see go.  If you've noticed, the Eagles have become a mess ever since he left.  Maybe he contributed to things heading in the wrong direction.  But he did win a Super Bowl there.  As did the Ravens, twice, while he was there working his way up.

He's also established an actual chain of command here that seems to keep the Johnson's out of operations.  Something we've been hoping for for a long time.  

He's earned a bit of a benefit of the doubt.  

Ok, cool. But he wasn't the GM at those places so I'm not giving him credit for those teams success. The same people on here who put blind faith in Joe Douglas just because he worked at a couple of winning organizations are the same people who blast Eric Bieniemy and says he deserves no credit for KC's offense because Andy Reid makes all the playcalls.

13 hours ago, doitny said:

Which character would Darnold be?

24 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

Ok, cool. But he wasn't the GM at those places so I'm not giving him credit for those teams success. The same people on here who put blind faith in Joe Douglas just because he worked at a couple of winning organizations are the same people who blast Eric Bieniemy and says he deserves no credit for KC's offense because Andy Reid makes all the playcalls.

No one ever hires a GM with prior experience unless that GM got fired at his last spot.  So I'm not sure what you're looking for.  All you can do is hire a guy with a strong track record.  Guys like Bradway, Tannenbaum, Idzik and Maccagnan didn't have that.  Douglas does.  

Orgs you're talking about, like less successful ones who suddenly find success thanks to a hotshot front office guy, would have kept Douglas as their GM.  We only landed Douglas because the Eagles had an established GM in charge.  

So, again, I fail to see a problem with pointing out his track record.  There's no perfect GM candidate, or else he would have been kept by his previous org.

His work here is obviously hard to grade so far 1 draft in.  But trusting in the guy based on his track record until he gives us a reason NOT to trust him seems fair to me.  What choice do we have?  Is Ozzie Newsome going to come walking through that door next time we need a GM?

22 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

and LOVED izadick because  seattle won

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one ever hires a GM with prior experience unless that GM got fired at his last spot.  So I'm not sure what you're looking for. 

What I'm looking for is other Jets' fans who don't give away their loyalty to somewho who wasn't done anything yet.