Darnold to the Panthers

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes. I’m going to say that quarterbacks who played in those conferences faced better pass rushers in every down than Zach Wilson has ever seen in his life.

Then youre watching different games than I watch.  

10 minutes ago, derp said:

I am now clinging to the idea they haven’t signed their backup QB yet because when they bring in someone whose game meshes more with Fields it removes the odds that they can get SF to give them something to flip picks and get Wilson. Very much a long shot.

It’s Wilson and don’t worry Jif is wrong about literally everything he just said and at least 80% of thay is more applicable to Fields than to Wilson.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

poor sam the jets ruined you like they will ruin wilson

wilson will be thrown into the fire-with three terrible tight ends-avg wrs(but at least better than what Sam had) a bad o line and no running backs of substance either-now could joe address all of those needs in the draft sure but he had one good player so far from last years draft-I dont include zero tds mims as a good player yet 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes. I’m going to say that quarterbacks who played in those conferences faced better pass rushers on every down than Zach Wilson has ever seen in his life.

Something tells me you haven’t watched much besides his pro day highlights, a few compilation videos and the tweet about his OL being good. I’m thinking of doing some film breakdown with the trusty ole’ .Gifs to make a case to you all who have these concerns. In fact, I’d love to be the one to walk you down the aisle so you can finally marry a good decision. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Something tells me you haven’t watched much besides his pro day highlights, a few compilation videos and the tweet about his OL being good. I’m thinking of doing some film breakdown with the trusty ole’ .Gifs to make a case to you all who have these concerns. In fact, I’d love to be the one to walk you down the aisle so you can finally marry a good decision. 

DO

IT

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

All fine points, but it’s not the injury risk I’m all that worried about with Wilson, it’s the idea that he’s going to have to learn how to play QB while under dire physical duress on every play—something he hasn’t had to do at BYU. He’s going from getting sacked 11 times in 12 games to a situation where he’s going to get sacked 11 times every two weeks. Pretty big learning curve on that kind of thing, you’d think. 

Again, if Wilson is running for his life, that’s on Joe. He has the pick allotment to fix the OL and provide another weapon or two. If that doesn’t happen, then yes it IS history repeated. But let’s jump off that bridge when we get to it, shall we? Wilson, the presumptive pick, has the talent to take the job and run with it. We need a veteran qb who should take the reins early if needed, but it’s the kid’s job. If he fails, he fails. I realize we all root for the gd Jets, But let’s not assume it’s already a done deal before it’s written. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

It’s Wilson and don’t worry Jif is wrong about literally everything he just said and at least 80% of thay is more applicable to Fields than to Wilson.

The Wilson concerns are not just from him. Most of the folks who have taken dives deeper than the insane arm talent have come back with major concerns. Fields is a flawed prospect for sure - I would’ve preferred a trade down down and a bridge quarterback to someone at two by a wide margin. But I think Fields can be successful short and long term following the Josh Allen plan and I don’t really know what you do with Wilson besides hope.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Wilson is fools gold, that's a fact.

is it a FACT?

wilson is really iron sulfide?  pretty impressive for a sulfide mineral to be able to throw a football 60 yards on the run.

or are you saying it is a FACT that wilson will not be worth the investment the jets are making in him?  because if you are so prescient, why the hell aren't you running the team?  for that matter, with your ability to see into the future, why don't you own the team?  one would think someone able to foretell the future would have made billions of dollars by now and if said person were such an ardent football fan, he would have used his fortunes to purchase and run a football team.

5 minutes ago, derp said:

The Wilson concerns are not just from him. Most of the folks who have taken dives deeper than the insane arm talent have come back with major concerns. Fields is a flawed prospect for sure - I would’ve preferred a trade down down and a bridge quarterback to someone at two by a wide margin. But I think Fields can be successful short and long term following the Josh Allen plan and I don’t really know what you do with Wilson besides hope.

I hear all the Mullens talk, but for me Wilson needs a vet like Alex smith to watch for a while (even if it’s just a few weeks) to learn by watching. Aside from building the line up and amassing playmakers, sitting and watching might be exactly what he needs. I know that’s not something most teams do any more, but all the talent in the world can’t replicate that experience. 

3 minutes ago, derp said:

Exactly this. Fields is a risk sure, but has more plus attributes.

Hope I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

I hear all the Mullens talk, but for me Wilson needs a vet like Alex smith to watch for a while (even if it’s just a few weeks) to learn by watching. Aside from building the line up and amassing playmakers, sitting and watching might be exactly what he needs. I know that’s not something most teams do any more, but all the talent in the world can’t replicate that experience. 

Alex Smith is 37 years old who came back from a horrific leg injury where his leg was almost amputated. He would be a good mentor if not for the injury. The NY Jets need a backup plan B if to come on and win games if the starting QB falters is injured or sick. Unfortunately there isn't much left on the QB free agent scrap heap. 

16 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

The funny part is I actually have a Sam bobblehead on my desk right now. Why? Because when he was drafted I thought he was the answer. Like 99% of QB's drafted it turned out not to be the case. Oh well, sh*t happens. He was never going to stay here after the Gase debacle. Will he be better in Carolina than here? Probably. I mean when you are literally the worst rated QB in the league, the only way to go is up. It sucks things didn't work out but I'm not a Sam Darnold fan, I'm a Jets fan. 

I would guess BECAUSE THE BOBBLEHEAD WAS FREE. 

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Happiest mother****er alive today. 

Darnold doesn't bleed for it. He never has. he's a good guy, but there's no killer instinct. The way the Mannings, Brady, Rodgers, Brees are gym rats, not casual Sam Darnold. If he had an ounce of self respect he would be spitting mad furious for a team giving up on him. This video would be in a gym with 45 pound plates clanging or on a practice field. Not Sam.  Sam is...having  a party! Happy Birthday! Or what ever the f--- it is they're celebrating. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes. I’m going to say that quarterbacks who played in those conferences faced better pass rushers on every down than Zach Wilson has ever seen in his life.

they also have better linemen protecting them, throw the ball to better receivers, and hand the ball off the better running backs

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Would not complain about either Mullens or Smith, both would be valuable for obvious, though different reasons...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Alex Smith is 37 years old who came back from a horrific leg injury where his leg was almost amputated. He would be a good mentor if not for the injury. The NY Jets need a backup plan B if to come on and win games if the starting QB falters is injured or sick. Unfortunately there isn't much left on the QB free agent scrap heap. 

I honestly don’t need someone to step in and play a long time. Smith is one of the few guys left who has seen it and done most of it. For a guy like Wilson, that’s the kind of resource you want at your disposal. Mullens makes sense too but to me Smith may be the better choice for that reason. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I think most of them, I could be slightly off on time but actual minutes being played with the ball in motion is comically low compared to any other major sport.

Sunday Ticket had a feature where they condensed the game into a 30 minute window. It showed every play with only a few seconds between them.

7 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

If Darnold does better than Jets QB... When do we launch the banner plane assault on Joe Douglas?

If it goes the other way, if Darnold continues to struggle, if Wilson does better than Darnold, do we erect a statue of JD?  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

All true, Burrow averaged 40 attempts per game with only a 6.5 yard per attempt.  I agree, the book on Burrow is far from being written in stone yet.  

He was a dink and dunker and threw a ton off target balls and JN's favorite, passes that should have been picked.  That's why the analytics hated him.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Burrow, K Murray, R Wilson, Ben, Phillip Rivers, Cam Newton.........

Only 1 player on this list had 1 year of production.  Murrary and he's currently 13-18-1 as a starter.

Rivers was a 4 year starter and was being talked about as the #1 overall pick after his freshman year.  lol

Russell Wilson was a 4 year starter, played at 2 programs.  lol

Big Ben was a 3 year starter.   Threw 25 TD's as freshman.  lol

Cam Newton won a division 2 national championship, followed it up by winning Nat'y on the big stage. lol

Are you even trying?  lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, STLuLu said:

You all gonna sick watching the highlights of Sam and Robby’s reunion and watching the Panthers in the playoffs while the Jets have another losing season.  I’m on record for saying they should have kept him. If I’m wrong I’d eat crow and a side order of rat. 

The Panthers won't win more than 7 games in that division. 

54 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Finally have a desktop computer, so I think that’ll be a cool project for me today. Being limited to my phone made it hard to do that but now I’m cooking. Def will tag you & some others when it’s finished.

Yes I would definitely classify this project as cool.

• Upvote 1