Cecil Lammey "League sources tell me #Jets turned down #49ers first-round pick for Sam Darnold earlier this offseason."

Jetsbb

I will never forgive Joe Douglas for this incompetence. Even if you were worried about Zach's shoulder Justin Fields and a first for Darnold is not something he should have turned down. He stupidly thought the offer would still stand months later.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 7
  • WTF? 5
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

I will never forgive Joe Douglas for this incompetence. Even if you were worried about Zach's shoulder Justin Fields and a first for Darnold is not something he should have turned down. He stupidly thought the offer would still stand months later.

Do you just blindly believe everything random sports radio hosts spew? Especially those from Denver talking about possible trades involving teams from NY and California? 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Philc1 said:

Wait, so JD thinks Zach Wilson’s shoulder will be good to go in the nfl based on him throwing in shorts and a t-shirt indoors?!??

Yeah and get this, he turned down a 1st rounder for Darnold just to see him do it!!!!! Hahaha! Isn’t that crazy?!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Do you really believe everything people post on twitter? 

Guy who has close to 50,000 followers and is a member of the PFWA who says multiple league sources told him something? No I won't automatically think he is outright lying like some you all seem to be doing. There is a greater chance he is telling the truth than outright lying.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 5

12 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Joe D doesn't give a sheet about whether you forgive him or not.  Lol 

He's the GM and you ain't. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetsbb said:

Guy who has close to 50,000 followers and is a member of the PFWA who says multiple league sources told him something? No I won't automatically think he is outright lying like some you all seem to be doing. There is a greater chance he is telling the truth than outright lying.

Chris Simms didn’t say it so it can’t be true

• Haha 1

The Jets did turn down a 49ers offer after Matthew Stafford/Carson Wentz were dealt, but I don't believe it was for their 1st round pick straight up. I think 12 for 23 was discussed, and I know the 49ers were willing to trade 43 this year. Jets weren't ready and wanted to go through the process (which in hindsight sucks ass, but I do understand why they didn't pounce on it). 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i dont see how thats a bad thing. you cant do things on the fly, you have to have all the information and plans A B and C in place before making moves.

Yes. Plan B is Justin Fields and plan C is Trey Lance