Rookie Mini Camp This Weekend

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Got to say, from the few interviews I've seen with him, I really like Moore.  Real upbeat, smiley guy.

When asked the question will he stay here, and  go to the vol.  work outs.

"I really don't know yet, I'm going to get it all figured out with Zach, and everybody else."  Real team guy attitude .  Like it 

He’s quickly become my favorite player from the draft. So excited to see a dynamic skilled receiver. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Got to say, from the few interviews I've seen with him, I really like Moore.  Real upbeat, smiley guy.

When asked the question will he stay here, and  go to the vol.  work outs.

"I really don't know yet, I'm going to get it all figured out with Zach, and everybody else."  Real team guy attitude .  Like it 

The AJ Brown “Love Testimonial” after Moore’s selection alone was “must watch” TV!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RSJ said:

They werent outs. They were slants. A WR shouldnt be putting his arms up above his head on slants unless you want your WR killed.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Not going to go back and forth on this - but the proper throw on the play is the high ball he's throwing.   He was putting the ball where he intended to.  On that short route the player is covered - putting it lower and it's easily blocked.

You guys better gets used to ZW - He's going to put his receivers in position to make plays...and ask them to make plays.  That's what the good ones do.  

Hi might put them in spots we're not used to -but that's how you win.  

• Sympathy 1

Not including the pics with pads on obviously but Zach seems to be more board shouldered than he was at the Pro Day.

Also Cimini did an interview with Beck and the throws in Pro Day were specifically targeted at the Jets offense. He really did seem like we were his choice

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Not going to go back and forth on this - but the proper throw on the play is the high ball he's throwing.   He was putting the ball where he intended to.  On that short route the player is covered - putting it lower and it's easily blocked.

You guys better gets used to ZW - He's going to put his receivers in position to make plays...and ask them to make plays.  That's what the good ones do.  

Hi might put them in spots we're not used to -but that's how you win.  

That is so ridiculously wrong. A quick slant you want the ball in the upper torso area, in front of the receiver. Placing the ball high means the receiver has to break stride to jump or reach thus negating any YAC potential and increasing the potential for tip interception/PBU or worse, injury.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, HawaiisOnlyJetsFan said:

That is so ridiculously wrong. A quick slant you want the ball in the upper torso area, in front of the receiver. Placing the ball high means the receiver has to break stride to jump or reach thus negating any YAC potential and increasing the potential for tip interception/PBU or worse, injury.

Nobody was jumping for anything.   
Apparently you didn’t watch the video. 
ZW was, for the most part, putting the ball exactly where he wanted.  you should watch what we were talking about before jumping into the middle of a conversation  

1 hour ago, HawaiisOnlyJetsFan said:

Wouldn’t you think the coaches were telling him where to put the ball?  Unlikely he would keep missing 5 yard passes without being corrected. More logical to think that’s where he was trying to throw it. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, RSJ said:

Most were high, a few were behind and a few were on the money. Not very consistent for a 5 yard slant against air.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

True... but it was his 1st day throwing to guys he has Never thrown to... give him a little time... let them get there timing down... They'll be fine.  

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Those aren't 25 yard over the middle routes...where a safety will be coming down hard.  Def, in that case you can get your receiver hurt.

These were quick hit slant routes - you want them up there  - that's the place where only he can catch it.

The most accurate QB in college football didn't poorly throw 15 balls a row- on 10 yard routes.  Every throw was in pretty much the same place.  It's where he was going.

My mistake, I meant to quote this post. I wasn't criticizing Zach's throws, but since you put it out there the video you are referencing I did watch, did you? Or did the very first pass the receiver had to jump and spin to catch not count. Or the second one where the receiver had to hop and reach. They were far from "perfect" placement.

12 hours ago, HawaiisOnlyJetsFan said:

My mistake, I meant to quote this post. I wasn't criticizing Zach's throws, but since you put it out there the video you are referencing I did watch, did you? Or did the very first pass the receiver had to jump and spin to catch not count. Or the second one where the receiver had to hop and reach. They were far from "perfect" placement.

Nobody had to do anything.  Other than the first one from that film - that was a little behind the receiver..the rest were exactly where he wanted to put them.

You must really dislike this kid if you came away from that video saying he had receivers "jump" for the ball,.

It's a stretch man.  It really is.  

He wants that ball high.  As I've stated, he's going to challenge his receivers to make plays - get that ball in a place where the defender can't get it - and make his receivers make plays.  That's how you win....Not throwing the ball into someone's torso so he gets deflected.  

In the NFL guys are almost always covered - particularly on short slant routes, it's up to the QB to put the ball where the defender can't get it.  On that slant route, it's precisely where he wanted to put it.

Do you really think...now honestly ask yourself this  - That the most accurate QB in college football - missed high, in the same spot, on every one of those 7 yard slants throws  - or was it more likely he was putting it where he wanted?

I'll answer it - He wasn't missing high - the throws went exactly where he wanted.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HawaiisOnlyJetsFan said:

It's ? Day ? ******* ?  one ? 

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, HawaiisOnlyJetsFan said:

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Nobody had to do anything.  Other than the first one from that film - that was a little behind the receiver..the rest were exactly where he wanted to put them.

You must really dislike this kid if you came away from that video saying he had receivers "jump" for the ball,.

It's a stretch man.  It really is.  

He wants that ball high.  As I've stated, he's going to challenge his receivers to make plays - get that ball in a place where the defender can't get it - and make his receivers make plays.  That's how you win....Not throwing the ball into someone's torso so he gets deflected.  

In the NFL guys are almost always covered - particularly on short slant routes, it's up to the QB to put the ball where the defender can't get it.  On that slant route, it's precisely where he wanted to put it.

Do you really think...now honestly ask yourself this  - That the most accurate QB in college football - missed high, in the same spot, on every one of those 7 year slants throws  - or was it more likely he was putting it where he wanted?

I'll answer it - He wasn't missing high - the throws went exactly where he wanted.

Once again, I wasn't bagging on Zach for being inaccurate. I don't dislike the kid at all, in fact I believe he will be quite successful here. I was merely pointing out your flawed concept of good ball placement for quick slants being high and away. You want the catch to be close to the body so you can tuck and protect the ball quickly to turn up the field for YAC or brace for a quick contact because as you stated coverage will be tight that close to the LOS. If the receivers arms are fully extended it is not an accurate pass and leaves you susceptible to the outcomes I stated in my first post.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1