Hayden Hurst

genot

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Is he on his rookie deal? Not sure why they’d part with him. Cant have 2 good TE?

Yes. He's on his rookie deal. Atlanta Journal Constitution beat writer says that he could be on his way out. Hurst a 1st rd pick in 2018, isn't happy about already losing the bulk of time to Pitts. That's how good Pitts is.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I thought A Smith runs 2 TE sets?  

They do. They have two other tight ends other than Hurst and Pitts. Hurst has one more year on his rookie deal. He"s disgruntled. A trade or a release is a possibility according to this Falcons beat writer. Don't know much about him. Ajc though is one of the very few responsible newspapers still out there. Sadly.

23 minutes ago, genot said:

They do. They have two other tight ends other than Hurst and Pitts. Hurst has one more year on his rookie deal. He"s disgruntled. A trade or a release is a possibility according to this Falcons beat writer. Don't know much about him. Ajc though is one of the very few responsible newspapers still out there. Sadly.

The Ravens dumped him after 2 years I wonder why??

If he’s cut or we can get him for something like a 4th or 5th round pick, sure.

He’d immediately be the best TE on the roster.

Otherwise, we’re probably looking at using our TE’s mostly as inline blockers again while we feed our wideouts and look to draft someone like Wydermyer, Kolar, Ruckert, etc next year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No.  Krofty is fine for this year.  Tight end will be addressed early in next years draft.

Theres a reason this guy keeps getting replace every team he is on.

Dont you guys understand how Joe D operates???  Hes not bringing in other teams trash.

Good point only some Jet fans like to pull shot players out of the dumpster..

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

The Ravens dumped him after 2 years I wonder why??

Good question. He"s only been in the league for two seasons. His 1st yr with Atlanta was a pretty good one. His rookie year with the Ravens. Not very good. He was a rookie though. Your question is a good one though.Don't know.

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No.  Krofty is fine for this year.  Tight end will be addressed early in next years draft.

Theres a reason this guy keeps getting replace every team he is on.

Dont you guys understand how Joe D operates???  Hes not bringing in other teams trash.

Hurst had 52 reception last year. His second year in league. He's been supplanted by a generational talent in Kyle Pitts. Calling Hurst trash', and getting on your knees again for JD shows me how silly you can be at times

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

7 minutes ago, genot said:

Hurst had 52 reception last year. His second year in league. He's been supplanted by a generational talent in Kyle Pitts. Calling Hurst trash', and getting on your knees again for JD shows me how silly you can be at times

Funny thing is if the Jets have a player that looks good in camp everyone say's it don't mean anything they haven't played in a NFL game.. Yet on other teams these generational talents are going to wow everyone and show unbelievable skills never seen before.. Shouldn't we also wait till they play a game??:blink:

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, genot said:

And in the same offense, Austin Hooper had 75 catches the year before.  Hurst was supposed to be younger and better then hooper and he was a bust.  He is looking for his 3rd team in 3 years for a reason.

Krofty is fine for a year. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Theres a reason this guy keeps getting replaced every team he is on.

Fine doesn’t win football games. 

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

And in the same offense, Austin Hooper had 75 catches the year before.  Hurst was supposed to be younger and better then hooper and he was a bust.  He is looking for his 3rd team in 3 years for a reason.

Krofty is fine for a year. 

Hooper was replaced by Hurst in Atlanta. Hurst had a better year with Atlanta than Hooper did with Cleveland. Hurst will make well under 2 million this year. Hurst was a 1st rd pick. We have nothing to lose giving him a shot here. Not withstanding having krofty,(lol), on our roster

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Theres a reason this guy keeps getting replaced every team he is on.

Really pushing hard to make this “Krofty” thing a thing, aren’t you.

• Haha 2

Yes. He's on his rookie deal. Atlanta Journal Constitution beat writer says that he could be on his way out. Hurst a 1st rd pick in 2018, isn't happy about already losing the bulk of time to Pitts. That's how good Pitts is.
Pitts is a Huge WR playing TE. I see them using both guys.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

On 6/19/2021 at 6:01 PM, genot said:

Good question. He"s only been in the league for two seasons. His 1st yr with Atlanta was a pretty good one. His rookie year with the Ravens. Not very good. He was a rookie though. Your question is a good one though.Don't know.

Three seasons, and he’ll already be 28 before the season starts. I wouldn’t give up anything in a trade for him, but I’d be happy to put in a waiver claim and see what he’s got if he gets cut. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, undertow said:

Imagine being a Jets fan and thinking it's a bad idea to bring in a young TE who can block, is on his rookie deal, and catches 50 balls a year?   iM RoLLinG WitH kRoFty!

Premier League Football GIF by Southampton FC

Jets fans love JAGS

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, undertow said:

Imagine being a Jets fan and thinking it's a bad idea to bring in a young TE who can block, is on his rookie deal, and catches 50 balls a year?   iM RoLLinG WitH kRoFty!

Premier League Football GIF by Southampton FC

Imagine thinking that 99 catches in 3 seasons is 50 balls a year.  He's on his rookie deal for this year.  Bringing him in if he is cut sounds like a plan.  Paying for him when he is available because he is "disgruntled" is probably a mistake.  The Ravens dumped him and the Falcons did not pick up the 5th year option.  This is not a must have player. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Imagine thinking that 99 catches in 3 seasons is 50 balls a year.  He's on his rookie deal for this year.  Bringing him in if he is cut sounds like a plan.  Paying for him when he is available because he is "disgruntled" is probably a mistake.  The Ravens dumped him and the Falcons did not pick up the 5th year option.  This is not a must have player. 

He caught 50 balls last year in his third season....the 11th most productive TE in the league....your right bro lets go with the guy who averaged 12 catches a year over 6 seasons and stone hands Herdon.  We aren't talking about a high draft pick or a investment worth worrying about to bring in a young good TE.  The problem here is some of you guys have become obsessed with 5th and 6th round picks.

unlikely. 

I'm not sure why they would cut him, but if they did, I don't see it as "obvious" fit. He's going to be in his 4th year at 28 Years old, and probably looking for something more than we'd offer him. Maybe not. But I wouldn't want to offer anything more than 1 yr at whatever. 

• Upvote 2