Report: Davante Adams not happy in Green Bay

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Fair point, but this isn't a team that's one elite player away at WR from competing for a championship.  I'd want Adams as much as the next guy, but I think it would be too costly on a team that still has a lot of needs.  Get me a much better TE before we worry about upgrading Corey Davis.

I personally don’t think Corey Davis is a true #1 WR so I think the offense is still woefully underpowered.

Whether it be Adams or someone else. they need a true #1 and I think that is more important than TE.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

No I'm not. I'm just letting it be known that no Jets WR has ever put up the 5 year numbers that Adams has throughout the previous 5 years. 

And who says I "never saw Don play"?

You? 

Because you're wrong you. 

My grandfather from my mom's side is the man who introduced me and my older brother to Jets and Knicks basketball. He was a season ticket holder @ Shea stadium who quit going to games when his team was stolen from him by NJ but he never stopped watching on TV I remember during his final years he wasn't allowed to watch Football anymore because wasn't good for his heart so instead I would write every play down on a piece of paper and then after the game I would first let him know if we won or lost and then I'd read every single play to him from 3 yard Murrell runs, 10 yard O'Donnell passes, 7 yard sacks all the way to 50 yard punts I was a writing machine before cell phones were invented for my grandpa. 

You have no idea how many real games I watched down in the basement when he was healthy in Queens with my older brother growing up as kids. Not just the "popular" 1668-1969 SB game either that man had VCR collections dating back to every game the Jets played throughout the early 1960's to the mid 1970's before Joe Namath and watched games with him of the NY Titans. Every Saturday night as kids we would watch games of his throwback Jets while he taught us about his old-school Jets and then on Sundays wed watch the live Jets and that was a family tradition of ours for many of years I've literally watched hundreds of 1960s-1970's Jets games but he was a sore loser he rarely showed the games we lost ? and 1 year we dedicated every Saturday to just watching every game of the 1968-1969 season that was in 1996 during our 1-15 season and sometimes when I miss him on Saturdays me and my older brother will get together and watch on YouTube random full games together. 

You're from the Maynard days? And you've never showed your grandchildren footage real footage of your 1960's/1970's Jets like my grandfather did for us? If not? You really should. 

But regardless Adams ranks throughout the previous 5 years...

5th in receiving yards.

3rd in catches.

1st in TD's receptions (11+ ahead of #2). 

PS: Broadway Joe Willie White Shoes Namath and/or your Don Maynard and/or WR George Sauer and/or Winston Hill/Marvin Powell and/or Snell/Boozer and/or Randy Rasmussen/Dave Herman etc weren't my favorite players on Saturdays down in the basement of Queens because I was absolutely addicted to Linebackers Larry Grantham (my favorite) and Al Atkinson/Ralph Baker, DE Gerry Philbin and SAFETY Bill Baird were my favorites; which is the reason why I selected DWC as my username back in 2005. 

And if you've never watched old VCR footage of your throwback Jets? Well you should because it's an awesome bonding experience. 

And my best advice for you? For you being so new to our forums you should be a little more classy to the posters who've posted here for 15+ going on 20 years before you decided to join. Maybe then I could respect you because before today I had no idea who you were and only noticed because of your disrespectful quotes of mine. 

My name is Philip. Friends call me Phil. JN calls me DWC; nice to meet you #13. 

Ok DWC. Nice to meet ya. So let’s cut the insults shall we. And let’s debate the issue. It’s NOT happening. For several reasons. Stop comparing Adams with others. He’s a fine WR. One of the best. But there are others who are easily his equal.  We all know this. No argument there. The problem with acquiring him is it would 1- cost a fortune in draft collateral. We have greater needs. Pass rushers, lb’s, TE, OL, CB. We have a nice set of wr’s for once. This is a move Macc would make because he was just a horrible GM who had zero vision. JD is not surrendering a #1 and extra for him.  2- D Adams would also cost a fortune and need a new contract with security. JD has NOT signed anyone to an extensively long contract.  3–Why on earth would a top WR come to the Jets who are a bottom feeder team with a rookie QB who is totally unproven. Hopkins went to the Cards and Digga to the Bills. Both those teams were far more developed than the Jets and have QB’s a top WR would love to play with since they have had success and are up and coming.  Wilson is a totally unknown commodity.  He might totally bust for all we know. 4- JD has spent big money on Davis, he just drafted Mims & Moore. We need to see what we have in these guys. 5- you wait and develop your team before you strike for an offensive or defensive star like Adams. There’s a bunch more i’m sure.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

ugh, on the cusp of a toxic lockerroom that is unsalvageable. 

Doesn't matter if it's Walmart or The Packers -- if employees lose faith and trust in leadership, the culture will erode until there's nothing left but workplace complaints, inappropriate touching, and a drunk frank sleeping in the stationary closet. 

This is very specific. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I don’t think Adam’s plays golf.

If you’ve been following this story for a while, this is a game. Rogers can take a year off and come back. 

He’s making it clear just like Brady in N.E, it’s him not the Head Coach why they Win games. 

Matt LaFleur and GM Brian Gutekunst will get eviscerated by the fan base when Jordan Love Wins 6 games.

These MF’s are like Pats fans are spoilt, they’ve effectively had HOF Quarterback play since 1992.

Its going to be my guilty pleasure watching Green Bay burn this year.

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I can't stand when fans point to 1,000 yards as a line in the sand. 

You do realize in 2016 he had 997 receiving yards and 12 TDs, right?

You're ignoring 3 yards from saying 3x?

In 2019 he had 997 receiving yards and 12 TDs too and you do know that, right?

So you're 6 yards away from saying 4x. 

And you do know that only 5 Jets WRs have ever recorded 12+ TDs during a single season, right? 

Let's stop talking about "two seasons" when this kid has only been in the league for 7 years and throughout the previous 5 seasons he's combined for 458 receptions for 5,639 receiving yards and 58 TDs and that's an average of 91.6 receptions, 1,127.8 receiving yards and 11.6 TDs per season!

And not even DON MAYNARD from 1965-1969 throughout those 5 seasons can even hold the jockstrap of what Adams has accomplished over the past 5 years. 

Adams immediately becomes the GREATEST Jets WR (talent) the moment he steps foot onto the Football field.

Heck over the past 5 years he's #6 in receiving yards and NUMBER 1 in TD receptions so imo you're nuts not to trade away a 1st and a 2nd and Jamison Crowder for a young ZACH WILSON because Elijah Moore then becomes physically unstoppable too. 

PS: And let's not blame the greatness of Adams on "Aaron Rodgers" because during the 9 games he played without AR 2017 he still put up 51 catches for 600 receiving yards and 6 TDs which is a 16 game average of 91 receptions, 1,067 receiving yards and 11 TD's alongside of absolute crap @ QB (Brett Hundley ?)

Hes the best WR in all of Football.

Wait wait you are giving up a first rounder, and a second rounder, and then you are making Adams the highest paid receiver in football? Dan Snyder is this you?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Wait wait you are giving up a first rounder, and a second rounder, and then you are making Adams the highest paid receiver in football? Dan Snyder is this you?

Yup because...

A.) He's the best and most dominant WR within the game today and in his absolute prime. 

B.) we have the the best draft capital in the league.

C.) We've also got A+ available salary cap space.

D.) Zach Wilson is under a Rookie contract. 

E.) We haven't featured a top 5-10 offense in both points scored and yards per game since 1998. 

F.) We haven't featured a Franchise QB since Joe Namath. 

If you're able to surround Zach Wilson with a WR core of D. Adams (#1), Corey Davis (#2), Elijah Moore (X-Factor slot receiver) and Denzel Mims (#4) you do it and with no hesitation too. 

• JD has already turned Jamal Adams into Alijah Vera-Tucker (1st and 3rd). 

• JD can now flip both Jamal Adams (Seattle's 2022 1st) and Sam Darnold (Carolina's 2nd) into Davante Adams. 

I want to win a SB and Davante Adams immediately turns our Offense into a contending one. 

QB: Zach Wilson. 

RB: Michael Carter. 

LT: Mekhi Becton. 

LG: Alijah Vera-Tucker. 

RT: Morgan Moses. 

WR 1: Davante Adams. 

WR 2: Corey Davis. 

Slot: Elijah Moore.

WR 4: Denzel Mims. 

WR 5: Keelan Cole. 

Wait...

Q: When's the last you've ever experienced a Jets offense as explosive and as fun as that one? 

A: Never. 

PS: Even after a Davante Adams contract we'll still rank top 10 in available salary cap space come 2022's offseason so wtf are you talking about?!?

image.thumb.png.78bd921f44ab23c4d8544dacda7b89ac.png

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Paradis said:

crab apples. Nothing

Short of QB, elite pass rusher, and probably LT --> i'm not making anyone the highest paid anything. 

Agreed.  I figured there would be the usual suspects clamoring to give up whatever to get this guy.  Besides, I don’t think the Jets are high on the list of teams Adams would want to go to right now.  

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Warfish said:

Why would the best WR in football want to leave one of the greatest QB's in football and a winning team to come to the Jets, a team with the worst offense in the NFL over the past 10 years, a perennial losing team, with a rookie head coach and a rookie QB as yet to throw a pass in the NFL?

Of all the places he could go in a trade, and that he might support, why do you think he'd want to come here specifically, now?

Because one of the greatest QBs in football is finalizing his way out GB right now?  

Since he's probably not playing with Rodgers moving forward it becomes a money thing, redo his deal, give him what hes looking for and he'll go anywhere

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  I figured there would be the usual suspects clamoring to give up whatever to get this guy.  Besides, I don’t think the Jets are high on the list of teams Adams would want to go to right now.  

Who wouldn't want to turn Jamal Adams (Seattle's 2022 1st) and Sam Darnold (Carolina's 2022 2nd) into the NFL's #1 WR DAVANTE ADAMS?!?!?

You do know that Zach Wilson is on a rookie contract, right? 

And you do know that even after signing Adams to a contract our Jets would still rank top 10 in 2022 available salary cap, right? 

And you do know that in 2022 we'd still have our 1st, our 2nd, our 3rd, two 4ths, two 5ths and three 6th round picks, right?!?

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because one of the greatest QBs in football is finalizing his way out GB right now?  

Since he's probably not playing with Rodgers moving forward it becomes a money thing, redo his deal, give him what hes looking for and he'll go anywhere

Some fans just don't comprehend how Buffalo (while Josh Allen is under a rookie contract) just traded away their...

1st round pick + their 5 round and 6th round picks and in addition a 4th round. 

For...

Stefon Diggs

Who as a 1st year Buffalo Bills #1 WR just made Josh Allen look like a HOF QB by recording 127 receptions for 1,535 receiving yards and 8 TD receptions (along with a trip to the AFC Championship Game).

And during 3 postseason games he HELPED Josh Allen with 20 receptions for 301 receiving yards and 2 TD receptions. 

Buffalo not Josh Allen would've even SNIFFED the playoffs without Stefon Diggs last year. 

So Buffalo can provide Josh Allen with a 27 year old STEFON DIGGS but our Jets aren't allowed to provide Zach Wilson with a 28 year old Davante Adams?!? 

FOH...

14 hours ago, Facts said:

I personally don’t think Corey Davis is a true #1 WR so I think the offense is still woefully underpowered.

Whether it be Adams or someone else. they need a true #1 and I think that is more important than TE.

I think the true #1 WR thing is largely a myth. How many of those guys are there out there? And how many of them win Super Bowls? I’d much rather have a stable of starting caliber WRs and a QB who’s capable of spreading the ball around than one alleged #1 guy. Same reason a prefer a RB by committee to a bell cow. If the offense is gonna run thru one guy, it has to be the QB. I like the way Joe D is building this thing, and in everyone’s rookie year -a year where I really don’t expect a winning season- I’d rather see what the team has in Davis, Mims, and Moore and address the WRs again next year if/when they need to with another free agency and four picks in the first two rounds. 

And TE is very important to this offense, it will be no surprise if the Jets are watching the waiver wire at the position come the end of the summer. 

As it pertains to Adams, just don’t see JD pulling that trigger, anyway. And, imo, he shouldn’t. It would take at least one of those first rounders and a contract that makes Jamal Adams cry. I think it’s a solid no. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Who wouldn't want to turn Jamal Adams (Seattle's 2022 1st) and Sam Darnold (Carolina's 2022 2nd) into the NFL's #1 WR DAVANTE ADAMS?!?!?

You do know that Zach Wilson is on a rookie contract, right? 

And you do know that even after signing Adams to a contract our Jets would still rank top 10 in 2022 available salary cap, right? 

And you do know that in 2022 we'd still have our 1st, our 2nd, our 3rd, two 4ths, two 5ths and three 6th round picks, right?!?

Stop it.   You’re an overly emotional child.   Stop spamming the board please.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Stop it.   You’re an overly emotional child.   Stop spamming the board please.  

Am I the one who created Davante Adams thread on the Jets forum? No. 

And if being hyped up about Adams in Green and white is considered as "spam" then that's your problem. 

I know what Diggs did for Josh Allen under a Rookie contract and I know what Adams would do for Zach Wilson under a rookie contract (and I'm sorry if you don't?). 

I also know what type of A+ draft capital we have because of Jamal and Darnold (and I'm sorry if you don't?). 

And I also know what type of A+ available salary cap space we have due to JD and Zach on a rookie contract and we'd still rank top 10 in available salary cap space heading into 2022s offseason even after paying Adams a mega contract (and I'm sorry if you don't?). 

Maybe this thread should've never been created to begin with if Jets fans such as myself aren't allowed to "spam" dream big? 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Lith said:

Agreed. 

The time to acquire Davante Adams was in 2014.  With the 17th pick in the second round, Adams was on the board (along with Allen Robinson and Jarvis Landry), we needed a pass catcher, and we took Jace Amaro.  Adams went 4 picks later to the Packers.  20/20 hindsight, I know.  But now is not the time to give up picks and $$$ to acquire him.

Agreed and there were about five other receivers in that draft we should have taken.

14 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Now is the time to move our Adams #1 and Sam's #2 in order to give Zach Wilson the same type of A+ outside #1 WR that Buffalo has provided Josh Allen with in Stefon Diggs. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/sports/new-york-jets/davante-adams-jets-wr-options/amp/

Your link is making the case to acquire Adams (or another top WR) in free agency next year, not -as you would like- trading away a first round pick (or more) for the privilege of working out a deal that pays him $25M/year. 

Your link makes the far better case: See what the rookie HC/OC/QB/WR all have this season, and reassess next winter. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Agreed and there were about five other receivers in that draft we should have taken.

I disagree about the Jets not trading for Adams all because they "passed him up during the draft" because Buffalo also overlooked Stefon Diggs multiple times during their draft but that still didn't prevent them from using a 1st round pick in order to trade for Diggs last year. 

Diggs 1st year as a Buffalo Bills #1 Outside WR = 127 receptions for 1,535 receiving yards and 8 TD receptions (along with a trip to the AFC Championship Game) and during 3 postseason games he HELPED Josh Allen with 20 receptions for 301 receiving yards and 2 TD receptions. 

I want JD to unload our Jamal Adams and Sam Darnold 2022 picks for Davante Adams in order to prove a 2021 Rookie Zach Wilson with a true #1 (elite) outside WR; just as Buffalo provided Josh Allen with one in Stefon Diggs;

and it's a no brainier especially considering the fact we haven't featured a Franchise QB since Joe Namath.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Your link is making the case to acquire Adams (or another top WR) in free agency next year, not -as you would like- trading away a first round pick (or more) for the privilege of working out a deal that pays him $25M/year. 

Your link makes the far better case: See what the rookie HC/OC/QB/WR all have this season, and reassess next winter. 

That link was just showing how the Jets have the available 2022 salary cap space. 

That article was created before Adams wanted out of GB too. 

Now is the time to strike because if we wait too long he might end in helping another QB as Diggs helped Josh Allen. 

If you're not willing to absolutely unload Jamal Adams Seattle 1st ahd Sam Darnold's Carolina 2nd for DAVANTE ADAMS?!!?!? We'll never see eye to eye. 

Even after trading for Adams we'd still rank top 10 in available salary cap space and still have...

1st round pick. 

2nd round pick. 

3rd round pick. 

4th round picks (x2).

5th round picks (x2).

6th round picks (x3). 

We'd still have top 10 available salary cap space + 9 2022 draft picks. 

It's a no brainer.

12 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Give them Mims, Crowder and an Amazon gift card.

You don't have to give away Mims or Crowder. 

Seattle 1st (Jamal).

Carolina 2nd (Sam).

Carolina 4th (Sam). 

Pittsburgh 5th (Williamson).

Tampa Bay 6th (McLendon).

And that's way better comp than Minnesota received from Buffalo for Diggs. 

• JD has put us in position to STRIKE (due to unloading a bunch of scrubs) for the NFL's #1 outside WR. 

WR 1: Davante Adams. 

X-Factor Slot: Elijah Moore. 

WR 5: Jamison Crowder. 

Omg man. That's absolutely disgusting man and behind an awesome O-line being led by Mekhi Becton (LT), Alijah Vera-Tucker (LG) and Morgan Moses (RT) that offense is immediately in position to contend for the AFC East (and 10x more powerful than 2009 with a Rookie Mark Sanchez).

image.png.65202e52b7a3cec8dffdf7fbd1376870.png

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, slats said:

It’s a no brainer to not do it, and Joe Douglas won’t - no matter how many lists you make. The Bills added Diggs in Allen’s third year, and it was probably something of a desperation move as Allen’s passing numbers were in Darnold territory his first two seasons.  If Wilson is the QB we hope he is, he’s not going to need a $25M WR. He’ll make stars out of the WRs he has. 

Big trades like that rarely work out, and JD is still building thru the draft. He’ll have both his firsts and seconds on hand next year. 

I disagree.

Zach Wilson under a Rookie contract can become an absolute superstar QB with Davante Adams as his #1 outside WR (to develop alongside of).

And in 3-5 years when Adams is long gone and Wilson is a veteran? No. He'll never need another $25M WR (because he'll be a seasoned veteran then and on his 2nd NFL contract).

Adams would also make Corey Davis 10x better due to playing his natural #2 WR spot (instead of a fake #1 WR) and if surrounded by Davante Adams and Corey Davis at #1 and #2? Elijah Moore then becomes an X-Factor slot receiver who physically can not be stopped and would become absolutely unstoppable.

Davante Adams makes everyone around him better especially a young Zach Wilson at QB who's proved absolutely nothingness to this point. 

Davante Adams makes both of our O-lineman and Michael Carter 10x better too due to the threat alone of the NFL's #1 WR on the outside.

And Stefon Diggs immediately turned Josh Allen from Sam Darnold to HOF numbers during year #1 together; and Zach Wilson deserves that from Davante Adams.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, slats said:

It’s a no brainer to not do it, and Joe Douglas won’t - no matter how many lists you make. The Bills added Diggs in Allen’s third year, and it was probably something of a desperation move as Allen’s passing numbers were in Darnold territory his first two seasons.  If Wilson is the QB we hope he is, he’s not going to need a $25M WR. He’ll make stars out of the WRs he has. 

Big trades like that rarely work out, and JD is still building thru the draft. He’ll have both his firsts and seconds on hand next year. 

Not only would JD not do this, but Adams doesn’t want to come here.  Plus, like you said, these trades rarely work out. 

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Not only would JD not do this, but Adams doesn’t want to come here.  Plus, like you said, these trades rarely work out. 

Who are you to say Adams wouldn't love to leave boring Wisconsin for the bright lights of NYC while getting paid mega dollars? 

Would you like me to create you a list of over 50+ players who've left winning teams in order to get paid by career losing Franchises? Because I can. 

You saying Davante Adams wouldn't want to be here under the bright lights of NYC and a brand new culture under coach Robert Saleh in order to escape boring Wisconsin is an absolute joke. 

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Who are you to say Adams wouldn't love to leave boring Wisconsin for the bright lights of NYC while getting paid mega dollars? 

Would you like me to create you a list of over 50+ players who've left winning teams in order to get paid by career losing Franchises? Because I can. 

You saying Davante Adams wouldn't want to be here under the bright lights of NYC and a brand new culture under coach Robert Saleh in order to escape boring Wisconsin is an absolute joke. 

Wisconsin isn't boring.  In fact, Wisconsin is awesome in almost every way.  

• Upvote 2

I’m on the dwc train I’d say let Douglas work his magic and see how cheap he can get him for draft picks pretty sure he can get him for a first and a 3rd. Id be on board for that or if he even wanted to throw in later picks too I’m cool with it too.

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yup because...

A.) He's the best and most dominant WR within the game today and in his absolute prime. 

B.) we have the the best draft capital in the league.

C.) We've also got A+ available salary cap space.

D.) Zach Wilson is under a Rookie contract. 

E.) We haven't featured a top 5-10 offense in both points scored and yards per game since 1998. 

F.) We haven't featured a Franchise QB since Joe Namath. 

If you're able to surround Zach Wilson with a WR core of D. Adams (#1), Corey Davis (#2), Elijah Moore (X-Factor slot receiver) and Denzel Mims (#4) you do it and with no hesitation too. 

• JD has already turned Jamal Adams into Alijah Vera-Tucker (1st and 3rd). 

• JD can now flip both Jamal Adams (Seattle's 2022 1st) and Sam Darnold (Carolina's 2nd) into Davante Adams. 

I want to win a SB and Davante Adams immediately turns our Offense into a contending one. 

LT: Mekhi Becton. 

LG: Alijah Vera-Tucker. 

RT: Morgan Moses. 

WR 1: Davante Adams. 

Slot: Elijah Moore.

WR 5: Keelan Cole. 

Wait...

Q: When's the last you've ever experienced a Jets offense as explosive and as fun as that one? 

A: Never. 

PS: Even after a Davante Adams contract we'll still rank top 10 in available salary cap space come 2022's offseason so wtf are you talking about?!?

image.thumb.png.78bd921f44ab23c4d8544dacda7b89ac.png

i cant argue with delusion man. you are doing levels of mental gymnastics i simply cant compete with. i will leave you with the following...

1. DA is not going from packers to the jets, nor should he...he should want to go to a winner

2. DA is not the most dominant or the best receiver in football....

3. DA will be 29 in December, i wouldn't call that prime in the NFL even for receivers

4. Zack Wilson has proven nothing, and may be the next Mark Sanchez for all anyone knows

5. JD is never giving up 2 top round picks + a top of the league contract...not happening

in closing, i would prob do that deal if they send Rodgers as well.

• Upvote 1