Jets Working out Former First-Round Pick Dion Jordan

Joe Douglas

Looking to add some more depth to a defensive line that lost Carl Lawson and Vinny Curry in recent weeks, the Jets are working out former first-round draft pick Dion Jordan.  This after trading for defensive end Shaq Lawson yesterday.

The Jets are working out DE Dion Jordan, who played for Robert Saleh in San Francisco last season.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) August 30, 2021

Jordan has spent time with the Dolphins, Seahawks, Raiders and then last season with Robert Saleh in San Francisco.

The post Jets Working out Former First-Round Pick Dion Jordan appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Jetnationcom/~4/K7ppjwXV8II

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 1

While none of them are sexy, I'm kind of shocked guys like him and Beasley, Ansah and Sheard, etc.  were brought in as soon as Lawson was injured, at least just to look at them up close.  I know I know I know....REPS!!!  You're not taking reps from anyone on this team at that position.  It's razor thin.

• Upvote 2

Just now, JiFapono said:

Not to crash the party but did they sign him?  What's the harm in working a player out? 

No harm. Just having some fun. Gotta kick rhe tires. The Panthers did however trade for a young DE from the Bills who showed some promise

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, genot said:

No harm. Just having some fun. Gotta kick rhe tires. The Panthers did however trade for a young DE from the Bills who showed some promise

Right on, like I said above, I was kind of surprised they didnt bring in more similar type of guys to Jordan.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

We must really hate our backup edge guys. Zuniga is getting cut. Glad Joe is not trying to give his draft picks an infinite amount of chances. Guys like Zuniga and Morgan should get cut.

I'm with you 100%.  In the failed past regimes, we kept drafted players even when we knew they sucked. If they suck, they need to go, period!

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

56 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

While none of them are sexy, I'm kind of shocked guys like him and Beasley, Ansah and Sheard, etc.  were brought in as soon as Lawson was injured, at least just to look at them up close.  I know I know I know....REPS!!!  You're not taking reps from anyone on this team at that position.  It's razor thin.

Also hope we pickup a plater at SSLB since Sherwood may take some time to get up to speed and be able to make tackles.

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Right on, like I said above, I was kind of surprised they didnt bring in more similar type of guys to Jordan.  

I was too actually.  I take it as a nod toward their desire to bring up the ypung guys, but I still thought there should be a bit more "kicking of the tires"  out there.