Cam Newton released

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Lol I mean there hasn’t been much to be “positive” about, I’m just a beaten down fan. And I feel like we’re in for another long year… let’s just hope Zach is the answer 

Really all the young players, the new staff, a new QB those things dont get you excited about the season?  Its the easiest year to be excited for Jets football, all the new players without having to worry about wins and losses,  its not about wins this season.  

Pretty easy actually

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The Jury is still out on the last 3 drafts, but I'd give him at least 11 hits. Still, a review of the drafts makes it quite clear that BB seems to really hold a disdain for Offensive skill players. Notably, 7 of the 11 were QB's and TEs. Bill really doesn't like RBs and WRs does he?

Tom Brady

Deion Branch

Ben Watson

Mathew Slater

Julien Edelman

Gronk

Aaron Hernandez

James White

Jimmy G

Matt Cassel

Jacoby Brisset 

Aaron Hernandez is probably one of the worst picks ever.   The NFL heard the whispers before he was drafted.   The guy was a psycho and a multiple murderer.  

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The Jury is still out on the last 3 drafts, but I'd give him at least 11 hits. Still, a review of the drafts makes it quite clear that BB seems to really hold a disdain for Offensive skill players. Notably, 7 of the 11 were QB's and TEs. Bill really doesn't like RBs and WRs does he?

Tom Brady

Deion Branch

Ben Watson

Mathew Slater

Julien Edelman

Gronk

Aaron Hernandez

James White

Jimmy G

Matt Cassel

Jacoby Brisset 

Maybe hes making room for the big "Watson traded to the Patriots" story

He went too far with a murderer by sexual predators are cool

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

Aaron Hernandez is probably one of the worst picks ever.   The NFL heard the whispers before he was drafted.   The guy was a psycho and a multiple murderer.  

Are you drafting football players or members of the community?  2,000 yards and 18TD out of a 4th round pick seems pretty good to me.  I guess you could argue that he hurt team chemistry since they didn't win any super bowls for his 3 years, but they won the division every year, and 39 games during that span and were 1st, 3rd, and 1st on offense.  Seems like a better pick than Polite or Hackenberg, but maybe that's me.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Are you drafting football players or members of the community?  2,000 yards and 18TD out of a 4th round pick seems pretty good to me.  I guess you could argue that he hurt team chemistry since they didn't win any super bowls for his 3 years, but they won the division every year, and 39 games during that span and were 1st, 3rd, and 1st on offense.  Seems like a better pick than Polite or Hackenberg, but maybe that's me.

I'll see if I can find it.  This wasn't garden variety character concerns.  

• Upvote 2

No surprise here, dude has been mediocre the better part of 7 years. He's a horribly inaccurate QB who lacks the ability to read a defense. He doesn't fit into any scheme besides the role Ron Rivera made for him. People blast Ron for "running him ragged" as if there was any other option.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Cam is better served as a starter than backup and isn't vaccinated. You can't have a backup QB who isn't vaccinated and is potentially unavailable.

Can we stop with this narrative, he's a backup caliber QB. There's a reason he's cut from NE and Carolina got rid of him for Teddy Bridgewater, who couldn't beat out spectrum Sam for a starting gig. He is a turnover machine who's arguably the most inaccurate QB in the league. He was a flash in the pan. He's had like 2 good years, maybe one above average year, and has like a career of mediocre at best years outside of that

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Ajjets10 said:

Can we stop with this narrative, he's a backup caliber QB. There's a reason he's cut from NE and Carolina got rid of him for Teddy Bridgewater, who couldn't beat out spectrum Sam for a starting gig. He is a turnover machine who's arguably the most inaccurate QB in the league. He was a flash in the pan. He's had like 2 good years, maybe one above average year, and has like a career of mediocre at best years outside of that

I mean, obviously his level of play is the single most important factor. If he were still very good (and despite what you posted he was once very good) he'd be a starter.

My post was not about why he's not starting -- it's about why they cut him. I suspect that a diva former MVP who isn't vaccinated isn't the ideal backup for a rookie starter. Clearly Newton is still worthy of rostering in the NFL.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, obviously his level of play is the single most important factor. If he were still very good (and despite what you posted he was once very good) he'd be a starter.

My post was not about why he's not starting -- it's about why they cut him. I suspect that a diva former MVP who isn't vaccinated isn't the ideal backup for a rookie starter. Clearly Newton is still worthy of rostering in the NFL.

He was never very good. I'd rate him an above average QB at best. His MVP year was a statistical outlier compared to a career of mediocrity. If this dude isn't the definition of "diversity hire" for the discussion of very good qbs idk what is. Blake Bortles was considered garbage at the same time he was consistently putting up equal numbers to cam Newton. 

47 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

not so far this year in training camp or preseason. 

Defenses are bland in the preseason. Just like they'll try to do with Wilson, they're going to try to confuse Jones and get him off his timing and his spot. The problem is for Jones that he's a rhythm passer with zero ability to move off his spot comfortably. That's going to be an issue for him when defense take away his pre snap read in order to confuse him post snap.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

After your previous post I went looking for the pre-draft picture of Hernandez in full gang colors.  I cannot find it.  There is a weak one online, I decided not to post it.  In the one I am referring to he is dressed head to toe.  His tattoos also suggest membership prior to the NFL.  It was known at the time that half the league had crossed him off their draft board due to the association.  

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Really all the young players, the new staff, a new QB those things dont get you excited about the season?  Its the easiest year to be excited for football, new players and its not about wins this season.  

Pretty easy actually

I try not to get my hopes to high just to be disappointed. I was very “excited” for the Sam Darnold era too lol… but with that being said yes Zach and Moore seem to be the right pieces. Let just hope for once this thing works out 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Best HC in the history of the NFL just chose to start the rookie QB that I wanted us to trade back to 8-10 for.

Zac better be the goods.

i liked jones too.  something about the jets needing an alabama guy to play qb.  and it's not like jones is chopped liver.  he was on a stacked team but unless he plays well that team still fails.

5 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

After your previous post I went looking for the pre-draft picture of Hernandez in full gang colors.  I cannot find it.  There is a weak one online, I decided not to post it.  In the one I am referring to he is dressed head to toe.  His tattoos also suggest membership prior to the NFL.  It was known at the time that half the league had crossed him off their draft board due to the association.  

I saw worse articles written years ago too that I can't find now.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Good decision by NE IMO.  I think Mac Jones is going to be very good.  Thought he was a great late pick in the 1st/early 2nd, had hoped (if we didn't go the QB-at-#2 route) that he would be our guy at the top of the 2nd Round.

He's going to be better than alot of Jets Fans think.

He was a safe pick.  It will be interesting to follow this QB class.  Kellen Mond might be good too.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Ajjets10 said:

He was never very good. I'd rate him an above average QB at best. His MVP year was a statistical outlier compared to a career of mediocrity. If this dude isn't the definition of "diversity hire" for the discussion of very good qbs idk what is. Blake Bortles was considered garbage at the same time he was consistently putting up equal numbers to cam Newton. 

When your argument consists of "he was never very good" followed by "his MVP year" you're not doing well.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I try not to get my hopes to high just to be disappointed. I was very “excited” for the Sam Darnold era too lol… but with that being said yes Zach and Moore seem to be the right pieces. Let just hope for once this thing works out 

Dude, youre watching with an eye on the past.  What we did in the past has nothing to do with this team, JDs brought in a new CS and a new roster.  

Its not about wins and losses this year, its about growth 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Lith said:

I sure hope Mac Jones sucks. 

That is all.

He is going to be a tackling dummy. cant wait to see him get blown up. The bum has LEAD FEET.  Look at how Tua scrambled for his life last year and he's athletic and nimble.  Mack The Wack Jones is going to be NFL - Not For Long 

1 hour ago, Ajjets10 said:

I agree with this one thing I will say about Cam Newton.  His beef about not getting roughing calls was 100% correct.

Just because you are a running QB does not mean the other team can hammer you late while in the pocket.  For a few years it was ridiculous looking at plays not called on him and then seeing calls for roughing on brady if a breeze hit him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Action Zachtion said:

Or you could argue he was an excellent pick in the middle of round 4, followed by a terrible move to give him a mega-dollar extension.

Bet anything they could've gotten more than a 4th rounder in return for AH if they'd traded him in early 2013 instead of extending him. 

15 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You have to say this is a shocker. It was kind of a surprise they brought Cam back in the first place. After a bad season for the team and for him. But all along Beli has been in Cam’s corner always saying he’s the starter. 

LOL Belicheat is a dirt bag. He has no loyalty to no one. 

He cut Newton because he was a backup QB who put the team at risk of losing games from the bench. It's probably as simple as that.

If Jones looked totally lost and Newton easily won the starting job, he'd still be there, vaccinated or not. But as a backup who's not going to be the premiere example of following covid protocols on top of that? Not worth the risk, plus as good person as any for BB to make an example of.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Good decision by NE IMO.  I think Mac Jones is going to be very good.  Thought he was a great late pick in the 1st/early 2nd, had hoped (if we didn't go the QB-at-#2 route) that he would be our guy at the top of the 2nd Round.

He's going to be better than alot of Jets Fans think.

I have always thought he would be good. All of them will be. I still believe Shanahan made the trade to get Zach #1 and Jones #2 but he was on an island and eventually the rest of his staff convinced him to go with Lance. Jones is a good prospect. WAY better than Newton who has always been incredibly overrated. 

I actually find Jones a little "off". He seems slightly creepy I would not be surprised if some sort of off field scandal occurs around him.

• WTF? 1

Tell me how Belidick just out and out releases Cam instead of at least getting SOMETHING?  Any level pick.  Idiotic.

Mack Jones better be the next Brady.  Because that kid looks like he has legs made of a lead/iron alloy.  Gonna be fun again this year watching the Pats look like sh*t.  Maybe this move finally gets Belidick fired.

1 hour ago, Action Zachtion said:

Totally get it.  They guy was a piece of sh*t and plenty of people knew it.  Just saying that they got 3 solid years out of him.  For a 4th round pick, that isn't the worst pick in the world.  Even as far as pieces of sh*t go, probably a better pick than Rae Carruth.