Cam Newton released

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Darn was really hoping the Jones era started after we beat them in Week 2. Now that game is harder.  Cam Newton has sucked for a long time.

He had no problem shredding us week 17 last year.. I’m sure he’d do the same this year with our horrendous defense 

89C0D2A4-D545-4E58-B273-EC51878D8531.png

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

It’s obvious that Cam,  at the very least,  wasn’t much of an upgrade over Jones. Plus no vaccine issues to be worried about. Makes things very interesting 

good point on the vax issue. i wonder if that played a part. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Fantasy Island said:

You’re the only one bringing that stuff up lol everyone else talking about it in football terms 

Cam Newton was bad.  Just stunk last year, was amazed the pats brought him back.

I can't wait to hear the national media on this one.

IF this was anyone ls but the pats and Belli media would just be flaying the pats for this move.

Since it is Belli they will say it was a good move.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I wonder if Cam is on a plane headed to Houston right now?  Seems like a nice landing spot for him. 

24 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Cam knew the kid was starting over him. Might wanted to see if he could get released to catch on someplace else as a starter? 

Boom!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Thankfully he is quite literally the worst GM in history at drafting offensive talent. 

He is not even figuratively the worst GM in history at drafting offensive talent. He drafted arguably the greatest QB to play the game. Edelman was a bust, I guess. Gronk was an enormous bust too, right? 

He has also made some awful draft picks, but he is willing to cut his mistakes without hesitancy. He is not in the top 100 of worst GMs at drafting offensive talent.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

They probably have an agreement to bring him back, once other guys go onto IR etc after the cut to 53.

Veteran, not subject to waivers - a fairly typical trick with vets who don't want to go anywhere else.

Don't play a fool this is what is happening... Cam is not going anywhere

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Belichick whiffs as much as he hits the ball but he's always swinging. 

I remember 20 years ago when people shredded him for not putting Bledsoe back as the starter once he got healthy.

I'll give BB credit.  He is 100% unafraid to make any roster decisions he thinks will help him win games.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Good point, I guess backup QB isn’t that important anyway. Everyone was always harping on a veteran qb behind Zach for him to learn. And here’s one staring them in the face. Only reason I suggested it 

Cam would be a terrible backup to a young QB. He's always been a "me" first player.  That's why he was released. That and bc he wasn't vaccinated. And I'm not saying he should or shouldn't have but the issue that happened last week and him having to sit out for 5 days played a factor in this decision whether you like it or not. 

• Upvote 2